oline= the ny jets real problem

ylekram

the jets had one of the best offensive lines in football last year.4 quality starters,and up and comer,and 2 quality packups,in which i had alot of comfort in.all protecting,very well,a very inexperienced qb who needs time to develope.now woody retires and our best backup is now the starter.our next backup is out for 6 to 8 weeks.the jets are 1 injury away from having ducasse start and getting players injured.god forbid he gets sanchez hurt.think thats bad,imagine a free rusher knocking the hell out of brunnell.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jpf4671

With all due respect I really think we are blowing the Turner thing out of proportion, we have 2 potential hall of famers in their prime and a third guy in Moore who is a top player,..the O line is not a weakness,..of course depth is an issue but we can use the "if this guy gets injured" thing against any team at any position.

You need to take a deep, deep breath. The best center in the league and one of the best guards in the league were not playing last game.

not to mention brick which is no slouch either.moore is coming back from surgery.i know we all think he wont miss a beat,but the possibility is still there.the oline has been durable,but if one of these guys gets injured,who replaces him till turner is back?i will tell you who.a complete disaster

not to mention brick which is no slouch either.moore is coming back from surgery.i know we all think he wont miss a beat,but the possibility is still there.the oline has been durable,but if one of these guys gets injured,who replaces him till turner is back?i will tell you who.a complete disaster

Help! Help! Our third string G is not an established veteran with an excellent track record! ******* front office! Do you know that Turner was an UDFA reject? That Hunter was a 3rd rounder that was a bust in Seattle? That Woody was such a total stiff as a G in Detroit that he was benched and he had never played more than a few games at T? Did you complain about those things before or did you accept that teams have to have some question marks?

It would be a disaster. But fans for nearly every fan base are always bringing up the "If" questions. That's football. One person goes down, another one steps up.

the jets had one of the best offensive lines in football last year.4 quality starters,and up and comer,and 2 quality packups,in which i had alot of comfort in.all protecting,very well,a very inexperienced qb who needs time to develope.now woody retires and our best backup is now the starter.our next backup is out for 6 to 8 weeks.the jets are 1 injury away from having ducasse start and getting players injured.god forbid he gets sanchez hurt.think thats bad,imagine a free rusher knocking the hell out of brunnell.

Mr. Cimini is that you?

Depth is an issue right now because of Turner going down and Vlad laying an egg last week. But they are one veteran signing away from this being a non-issue. The Jets starters are as good as they get. Turner will be back and Vlad will either get better or will be gone (eventually).

Turner being out isn't going to change the fact that we have the best offensive lines around. In 2009, not only did we rank #1 in rushing (with a rookie QB under center), but we also set a franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season, during a year where opposing D's knew the rush was coming, but still couldn't contain our ground and pound. Thats how powerful our offensive line has become over the years. Last year was no different. We passed the ball more often, but we still ranked as a top 5 rushing attack.

How is our offensive line a problem? Just look around the league. Our O-Line is certified A1. We have two future hall of famers in Ferguson and Mangold, whom are both enjoying their golden/prome years. One being a true franchise LT, the other being an all pro Center... It doesen't get much better than that. Lets not forget about Moore either. He's truly been one of the most underrated Jets since 2004, but now, league-wide, he's finally earned his due respect as being one of the top 3 RG's in today's game. Slauson is also a LG who's been outstanding for us. He's also an offensive lineman who's been loved by our offensive lines coach for years on end, I believe dating back to Slauson's high school days, thats when Bill recruited Slauson to Nebraska University. We're set at LG as well. If Turner is our only question mark/concern... Thats a good problem to have no?

Also, we were without both Moore and Mangold monday night. We allowed 7 sacks, but guess what? None of those sacks were allowed by a starter. Classic example of Jet fans overreacting during a preseason game...

Help! Help! Our third string G is not an established veteran with an excellent track record! ******* front office! Do you know that Turner was an UDFA reject? That Hunter was a 3rd rounder that was a bust in Seattle? That Woody was such a total stiff as a G in Detroit that he was benched and he had never played more than a few games at T? Did you complain about those things before or did you accept that teams have to have some question marks?

ok.smart a$$.yes,i do know all of the above.our 3rd string limeman is NOW our backup lineman because he sucks so bad,he got our top backups leg broke.in a pre season game.got beaten like a drum by guys who will be driving a ups truck next month.he needs to be on the practice squad if last weeks performance is any indication of his skill set.as of right now,the jets do not have a liable backup.period.if the jets get a liable backup up soon,i wouldnt worry so much.i am not saying trade next years first for a lineman,but they need to pick up somebody that can play

Turner being out isn't going to change the fact that we have the best offensive lines around. In 2009, not only did we rank #1 in rushing (with a rookie QB under center), but we also set a franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season, during a year where opposing D's knew the rush was coming, but still couldn't contain our ground and pound. Thats how powerful our offensive line has become over the years. Last year was no different. We passed the ball more often, but we still ranked as a top 5 rushing attack.

How is our offensive line a problem? Just look around the league. Our O-Line is certified A1. We have two future hall of famers in Ferguson and Mangold, whom are both enjoying their golden/prome years. One being a true franchise LT, the other being an all pro Center... It doesen't get much better than that. Lets not forget about Moore either. He's truly been one of the most underrated Jets since 2004, but now, league-wide, he's finally earned his due respect as being one of the top 3 RG's in today's game. Slauson is also a LG who's been outstanding for us. He's also an offensive lineman who's been loved by our offensive lines coach for years on end, I believe dating back to Slauson's high school days, thats when Bill recruited Slauson to Nebraska University. We're set at LG as well. If Turner is our only question mark/concern... Thats a good problem to have no?

Also, we were without both Moore and Mangold monday night. We allowed 7 sacks, but guess what? None of those sacks were allowed by a starter. Classic example of Jet fans overreacting during a preseason game...

injurys happen.this is more of a classic example of a jets fan who thinks that the jets starting oline is exempt of injurys because they have been lucky the past few years.the oline is only as strong as its weakest link.if you think that if a starter went down and ducasse took their spot,they would still be as dominating as you stated above?he would be the weak link and get sanchez killed

Depth is an issue right now because of Turner going down and Vlad laying an egg last week. But they are one veteran signing away from this being a non-issue. The Jets starters are as good as they get. Turner will be back and Vlad will either get better or will be gone (eventually).

this.all they need to do is pickup a backup they can hold the fort and i will be happy.who knows.maybe ducasse had a case of the nerves and is a much better player than he played last week.if he plays the same tonight,tanny better pick up the phone

You need to take a deep, deep breath. The best center in the league and one of the best guards in the league were not playing last game.

Exactly and our best backup now is felix not dookie a$$. I see Felix getting reps at guard now also.

Exactly and our best backup now is felix not dookie a$$. I see Felix getting reps at guard now also.

while i agree felix did a decent job at center and might do just as good at the guard,he is not a tackle imo.as of right now, the jets do not have a backup tackle which is my main concern.

while i agree felix did a decent job at center and might do just as good at the guard,he is not a tackle imo.as of right now, the jets do not have a backup tackle which is my main concern.

true it wouldnt hurt to sign a vet, but lets not jump the gun that Hunter will get hurt.

press-shift-key-to-disable-autorun.png

true it wouldnt hurt to sign a vet, but lets not jump the gun that Hunter will get hurt.

not jumping the gun here,but not having 1 back up capable of playing the tackle position is pretty dumb.not just hunter but brick also.even if either only missed a game,it could be enough time with who we have as a backup to get sanchez' neck broken.last year we had 2 capable backups who could play multiple positions including tackle.this year,we have 1 with a broken leg and out for 8 weeks

Not worried.

I suspect that the next 2 games will be tests for our back ups in Moore and Turner's absence. If they dont step up and look like viable back up options, then the Jets will sign some veteran depth (if they're not already exploring).

maybe i make a bigger stink than neccessary,but what you said is all that i am asking.like i said in another post,maybe ducasse had a case of the nerves with better play to follow.hopefully.but lets be honest,last weeks game was scary and he got turners leg broke.not good

give me a break

Give us a break.

If you want to start BS whining threads like this, the very least you can do is learn to hit the space bar a little more frequently.

And I agree with JiF (of all people!). OL will get cut in the next couple weeks from every team in the league, and the Jets will make waiver claims or pick up players who clear waivers as they see fit. This really is a complete non-issue.

Gee, the OL doesn't look as good without the best center in football playing. Who woulda thunk?

Give us a break.

If you want to start BS whining threads like this, the very least you can do is learn to hit the space bar a little more frequently.

And I agree with JiF (of all people!). OL will get cut in the next couple weeks from every team in the league, and the Jets will make waiver claims or pick up players who clear waivers as they see fit. This really is a complete non-issue.

Gee, the OL doesn't look as good without the best center in football playing. Who woulda thunk?

typical. once again, slats reads what he wants to read. just like the other 5 or 6 a$$hole posters on this board. does using the spacebar make you happy? here ya go

typical. once again, slats reads what he wants to read. just like the other 5 or 6 a$$hole posters on this board. does using the spacebar make you happy? here ya go

I have to be honest, I'm really curious who is on your list of a$$hole posters if yours only has 5 or 6 names on it. It seems like that list is probably missing at least a few dozen names.

typical. once again, slats reads what he wants to read. just like the other 5 or 6 a$hole posters on this board. does using the spacebar make you happy? here ya go

You have no idea what a tremendous improvement that is. I didn't even know you were insulting me before. Now I can read it clearly.

Thanks!

I have to be honest, I'm really curious who is on your list of a$$hole posters if yours only has 5 or 6 names on it. It seems like that list is probably missing at least a few dozen names.

slats really doesnt belong on the a$$hole list, he is just incredibly narrow minded. the others definetely deserve to be on the list

ok.smart a$$.yes,i do know all of the above.our 3rd string limeman is NOW our backup lineman because he sucks so bad,he got our top backups leg broke.in a pre season game.got beaten like a drum by guys who will be driving a ups truck next month.he needs to be on the practice squad if last weeks performance is any indication of his skill set.as of right now,the jets do not have a liable backup.period.if the jets get a liable backup up soon,i wouldnt worry so much.i am not saying trade next years first for a lineman,but they need to pick up somebody that can play

Don't get all pissy when you don't even pay any attention to my point. Jets offensive linemen that I was told were going to be driving pickup trucks next month: Hunter, Moore, Turner and Slauson. They were already on the phone with Seubert from the Giants - he probably isn't ready to go yet so they shouldn't waste the roster spot until they know what they have or who shakes loose at cutdowns.

Yippee! Now I am an a$$hole like Slats and 4 or 5 other guys!

Archived