*****The Official Gameday Thread of the NY Jets "@" NY Giants*****

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one thing about our defense though, we're so aggressive at times, that plays such as the screen can really do numbers but then again... We have the best defense around, with our style of play, so I'll take it because in the long run? It's to our advantage. So far I've seen the Giants offensive sline flinch two times, their worried about our pass rush in obvious passing situations

The defensive front is bringing it.

Most definitely IrishJet. I've been amped up over the potential, youth and overall talent in regards to our defensive front since the draftings of both Wilkerson and Ellis. It's been a long time coming since we've been this athletic on the D-Lines. Only time will tell, but if Ellis and Wilkerson can become our "Ellis and Abe" of the early 2000's... We're set for many of years to come. Plenty of size, strength, as well as able bodies that could turn our defensive trenches into one of our strongest aspect of our team. If that can happen? Our defense could become something special during year number 3 of the Rex Ryan/Mike Pettine regime. That was a sloppy first half of offense, but it's nice to see Sanchez playing smart for the most part. Wasn't impressed what so ever, but then again, this game has just started, we're still getting our feet wet, and if anything, we still have plenty of time to right our offensive ship and put on a performance. During preseason games and preseason games only, I always keep in mind, that preseason coaching philosophy has always been designed to stay vanilla. On a side note, one thing is for sure... Both teams WANT this game.

That was a sloppy first quarter of offense. The completion % and accuracy out of Mark Sanchez hasn't been as impressive as his first two preseason outings, he's struggled thus far tonight, but it's nice to see Sanchez playing smart for the most part and avoiding a costly turnover. Keep in mind, he's still young and progressing as a developing franchise QB. One step at a time. Kerley looking pretty elusive with his previous punt return. Was on the verge of breaking long.

Wasn't impressed (with our offense) what so ever, but then again, this game has just started, we're still getting our feet wet, it's only the start of the 2nd quarter and if anything, we still have plenty of time to right our offensive ship and put on a performance. During preseason games and preseason games only, I've always kept in mind, that preseason coaching philosophy has always been designed to stay vanilla (due to multiple obvious reasons). It's never too good to 'over-react' to offensive play-calling during a meaningless preseason game. One thing is for sure... Both teams want this game.

Archived