Peyton Manning likely out for the year

serphnx

Tanking is such a dumb strategy. You lose out on the opportunity to sign free agents who would prefer money AND a chance to win. I'd rather be competitive, pray the # 1 pick already has their QB of the future (Panthers, Jaguars, Cardinals, Bengals, Browns?), and offer them a boatload of picks if you think Luck is your guy. No rookie QB is going to immediately turn around a 1-15 team (insert Pennington joke here), especially if his O-Line is in shambles.

I bet the Niners adopt that strategy. Luck paired with his old coach at Stanford (Harbaugh) seems too perfect.

Tanking is such a dumb strategy. You lose out on the opportunity to sign free agents who would prefer money AND a chance to win. I'd rather be competitive, pray the # 1 pick already has their QB of the future (Panthers, Jaguars, Cardinals, Bengals, Browns?), and offer them a boatload of picks if you think Luck is your guy. No rookie QB is going to immediately turn around a 1-15 team (insert Pennington joke here), especially if his O-Line is in shambles.

I bet the Niners adopt that strategy. Luck paired with his old coach at Stanford (Harbaugh) seems too perfect.

The whole thing is such a load of crap. No team goes into the season planning on tanking the season. Yeah, maybe one game at the end of the season when your team is already 1-14, but no coach or player is going to agree to purposely lose all year long, because all it will do is cost them their jobs on top of everything else.

I thought they did do that to get Peyton too in the first place. They know how important that top QB prospect is. Especially if you get Peyton to tutor his heir apparent (and he would do it too without hesitation).

I'm still sore at Parcells for pulling that crap and not getting us Peyton when we had the chance. Both Mannings would have been in NY that way too.

Peyton didn't come out. That's why the Jets traded down. I hate that fat **** as much as the next guy, but I don't blame him for that one. He probably should have stayed put and drafted Pace, but that's another story.

Huh? Jacksonville just traded up to take Gabbert. You think they are going to tank the season to draft another QB?

Maybe not to draft another QB, but it looks like they are going to tank the season.

"suck for luck" strategy:

Indy

Seattle

Bengals

Bills

It's going to be tough for Seattle to tank enough games in that division.

PEYTON LIKELY OUT FOR YEAR!!!!!**

**accrding to random football talk host.

Nobody likes to learn from the past on here. Let's just assume it's true and title the thread as fact. LOL

I think it comes down to the Painter. Collins is an accident waiting to happen.

Not that i wish it but i am sure there Vegas may have a line on how many games he will last!

Here's my theory: The Colts will put Peyton on IR and tank the season and go 2-14 so they can draft Andrew Luck and have another QB who will carry the team and organization for the next 10-15 years like Manning did. Having a guy like that covers up for a lot of other boneheaded moves they made and will make

then why the fuct they give MAnning that big deal?

As a Jets fan, my goal isn't to just make the playoffs anymore (that's expected), it's to finish the regular season with at least 12-13 wins, a home playoff game, and a bye week. Nothing worse than a two seed out of the AFC. Lets win a playoff game and host the AFC championship game for once.

Steelers

Patriots

Ravens

Chargers

Chiefs

Texans

Manning not leading the Colts is why I left Indy off this list. It's nice knowing, that we won't have to travel to Indy for the third consecutive season. They're done without #18. This makes for one less AFC contender that we have to worry about/compete with.

There is no reason why we shouldn't finish ahead of SD, KC and Houston, we have a much better overall team when compared to these three teams. Now, the Steelers, Patriots and Ravens are three teams that I'll focus on as serious contenders during the course of the season. It's nice to see the Steelers and Ravens having to match up week one. Lets beat Dallas and jump off to a head start over the loser of the Steelers/Ravens game.

As a Jets fan, my goal isn't to just make the playoffs anymore (that's expected), it's to finish the regular season with at least 12-13 wins, a home playoff game, and a bye week. Nothing worse than a two seed out of the AFC. Lets win a playoff game and host the AFC championship game for once.

Steelers

Patriots

Ravens

Chargers

Chiefs

Texans

Manning not leading the Colts is why I left Indy off this list. It's nice knowing, that we won't have to travel to Indy for the third consecutive season. They're done without #18. This makes for one less AFC contender that we have to worry about/compete with.

There is no reason why we shouldn't finish ahead of SD, KC and Houston, we have a much better overall team when compared to these three teams. Now, the Steelers, Patriots and Ravens are three teams that I'll focus on as serious contenders during the course of the season. It's nice to see the Steelers and Ravens having to match up week one. Lets beat Dallas and jump off to a head start over the loser of the Steelers/Ravens game.

The loss of Manning is good for everyone else in the AFC.

I agree that the Jets need to win the division at a minimum this year, and leading the league in wins should definitely be the goal.

The Jets are in position to help themselves this year if we're looking at the above teams as competition for a week off. They play NE twice and need to handle them. They also play the Ravens, Chargers, and Chiefs. These are all quasi-must-win games already. The rest of their schedule really isn't too tough if you look at it. The NFC East? Only the Eagles should be a problem. The AFC West? They get the two toughest teams at home...

Super Bowl!

lolJIF

jif was pounding his chest about getting manning in the 4th round of last nights fantasy draft.... no worries though, he smartly drafted ryan fitzpatrick as a back up..

Hey jif.. want to deal? I've got Cutler and Pig Pen and am in need of another back

I wonder if you never said anything, would Fitzpatrick have thrown for 4 TD's?

Muwhahahahahaha. Its amazing how such an Incredible football mind could slip up. I guess it shows hes just human after all .

Suck it.

I personally do care about the health of Peyton Manning aka the best QB to ever play the game

I care because I don't want to face him in the playoffs. It's about time we get a break and get to dodge a contender in Manning. Everyone knows the gauntlet called the AFC is what has kept us from our superbowl the last 2 years. By the time we have gotten to the CC game we are pretty much spent from going through teh Pats, Colts etc. then have to beat the steelers at home? Good riddance to Peyton and the Colts. Now today everyone gets to see what I've known for the last decade, the colts are a 3 win team without Peyton. He made their average players good.

Archived