Predictions for game (week one)

Maxman

Jets are down 13-10 at the half, Braylon Edwards leads team onto the field in the second half, leads the team in down field blocking in the 3rd and 4th quarters, Jets win 1,427 - 10. DLJ offers sex to Visa. Visa implodes.

Other expectations:

Sanchez finishes with a 57% completion percentage, 3 passing TDs - 1 INT - 275 yards.

Keller catches 2 of the 3 TDs. They are his only receptions, he slips and falls the 4 other times he is targeted.

Plaxico scores the other TD.

Holmes has 8 catches for 90 yards.

Defense has more INTs than sacks.

McKnight does something that makes you all love him.

Rex gets a goddamn snack.

7-6.

Nick Folk is pumped for a last second field goal attempt from the 15yd line. He wants so badly to get back at the team that cut him loose in 2009. He wants to prove to them he doesnt choke, he doesnt suck. Revenge is racing through his mind like a drug through his veins.... He steps back, lines up the uprights, and buries the ball deep in the net.... just a mere blink of an eye after the referee blew the whistle for a Dallas timeout. Metlife Stadium comes to life, as Jets fans hit new levels of sound as they boo Jason Garrett, cursing the NFL and the rules committee for not banning the use of a timeout to ice a kicker. The man on the field in the fluorescent green jacket and orange gloves signals to the referee that NBC has returned from commercial. Al Michaels resets the scene for us. The referee blows the whistle, the play clock begins its countdown.... 10...9...8...7... the ball is snapped..... the ball is down, the kick is on its way...............................

Funny thing is if you look at it, a lot of the stuff you predicted weren't all that far off. Certainly not exact, but pretty close all things considered. Although I don't think I saw Keller fall down once all last night, so that was nice.

I don't know. Jury's still out on whether Rex in fact did eat a GD snack. I'm guessing he did but you can't be sure.

Good call. Hey, you didn't know what it was, but you had a feeling McKnight would make something happen. Good call.

I got the Jets 27 offensive points down correctly, but I had no idea Romo would be able to find that type of success against our defense.

I was pretty on target with the WRs that caught TDs and the type of game Holmes would have too... I can almost guarantee that Rex got a snack too.

Archived