Sanchez-Romo

Obrien2Toon

Sometimes during games Sanchez plays no better than Clemens would have. Whats an enigma about Mark is he turns around minutes later with an awesome throw for 6. Dude is a steady head case thats always up and down.

Clemens + clutch throws - h0t womin = Sanchez ?

For the record the correct equation is :

Romo + brains + moles = Sanchez - Jessica Simpson!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Sanchez is the last player on earth that can complain about the running game not taking the heat off.

Im not saying that he should, im saying that the person who calls the offensive plays (sh*tty) needs to grow a brain.

But again, I can see what you guys are saying about sanchez. All im saying is that he had a pretty good game yesterday which ended in a win.

In a way you did.

You were talking as if from one season to another there was no improvement, after only one game. Give him a chance, it's not as if he was a complete disaster yesterday.

And it's not as if he was a complete disaster last year either.

He has not demonstrated any discernible improvement. Why is this so absurd? He hasn't. This does not mean he is incapable of improving. This does not mean he won't improve someday. This does not mean he won't show great improvement later this season (or even later this month). It means what it means: he has not shown improvement and it's dumb luck an interception was dropped and he didn't throw the game away as Romo just did 30 seconds earlier.

And I do think its kind of an oxymoron to say that someone who's a "big game player" has lost back to back AFCG's.

To an extent. However, I don't think it was Sanchez calling running plays to Thomas Jones when Shonn Greene got hurt in Indy, while Rex couldn't stop Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie from abusing Lowery, Coleman and Eric Smith... same deal last year when our defense just stood there and let Big Ben do what he wanted, can't put it on Sanchez imo.

Don't take this as me "defending" him. I just think, despite meh stats, he's a gamer and we can win with him. As long as the rest of the team doesn't come in flat. Worst thing about this team right now is that only 1/3 of the units seems to get hot at a time. Take yesterday... defense stunk it up, Sanchez/Schotty came out and was worse... Westhoff's guys lit the fire... the fire needs to be lit at kickoff... slow starting and flat play is not a characteristic of a champion.

To an extent. However, I don't think it was Sanchez calling running plays to Thomas Jones when Shonn Greene got hurt in Indy, while Rex couldn't stop Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie from abusing Lowery, Coleman and Eric Smith... same deal last year when our defense just stood there and let Big Ben do what he wanted, can't put it on Sanchez imo.

Don't take this as me "defending" him. I just think, despite meh stats, he's a gamer and we can win with him. As long as the rest of the team doesn't come in flat. Worst thing about this team right now is that only 1/3 of the units seems to get hot at a time. Take yesterday... defense stunk it up, Sanchez/Schotty came out and was worse... Westhoff's guys lit the fire... the fire needs to be lit at kickoff... slow starting and flat play is not a characteristic of a champion.

This is kind of my point though, we're not defending but there sure are a lot of caveats as to why he's better than what the stats say. Not that I disagree with any of them, it just starting to become redundant.

But I do agree, I think he is a gamer. Not a terribly good Qb, not as terribly bad as he was, but he's a player/winner. Him and Rex both are. Thats why the Jets win games that they have no business winning. The SOJs I grew up watching, would never win a game like that.

Great points. Sanchez is 6 yrs younger than Romo and has 4 playoff victories while Romo has 1. Perfect comparison.

Especially apt for Brees who is 8 years older and Rodgers who is 4 yrs older. It sucks Sanchez cant be as good as guys with so much more NFL experience

Plus Brees was so great in San diego that they drafted philip Rivers. He had a terrible start to his NFL career and only played well the last season he was there. Sanchez has been improving steadily. Let's acknowledge that and give him a break.

What makes it awesome is I still remember the exact moment I lost faith in Pennington. Raiders playoff game my green goggles turned to Black.

Oh man, +100000000

It was a flick of a switch. He went from the next Joe Montana to -well- Chad Pennington. It was very sad.

Pennington sucks, but hey...he raised his level of play vs. the Colts and the Chargers and got a couple of road playoff wins, so he must be good. You can technically say it, and thats scary that the same thing is being said about Sanchez. I say that, but I do agree they are totally opposite.

Pennington won one road playoff game. The 41-0 win over the Colts was a home game.

Not to mention that Reggie tongue created more points then Pennington did in the San Diego win. LOL

Actually that was the Pittsburgh loss, so let's not even get into that. I wanted to punch every Penningtologist in the face when they went on about how Chad was blameless when that sh*tstain lead the Jets O to 3 points in the entire game while the defense and ST contributed 7 a piece.

Ha! I dont know how I missed that post, but its seems Dom was on his way to my point with just a few words that took me 5 posts to explain.

lol

And as I said to Dom, Penny has never had a winning playoff record for longer than 6 days in his entire NFL career. I get your point, but just saying, still not cool to be comparing any QB to that all-time choke artist. Chadwick makes Romo look like Captain Clutch.

Actually that was the Pittsburgh loss, so let's not even get into that. I wanted to punch every Penningtologist in the face when they went on about how Chad was blameless when that sh*tstain lead the Jets O to 3 points in the entire game while the defense and ST contributed 7 a piece.

Doesn't change the fact that Pennington shrunk in big games like a fat mans penis in an ice bath. Pics available if needed.

And as I said to Dom, Penny has never had a winning playoff record for longer than 6 days in his entire NFL career. I get your point, but just saying, still not cool to be comparing any QB to that all-time choke artist. Chadwick makes Romo look like Captain Clutch.

It's different. Pennington wasn't good enough to play against good defenses, simple as that. Romo's physically good enough, but mentally he's like an egg back there.

Pennington won one road playoff game. The 41-0 win over the Colts was a home game.

When has Sacnehz ever had a home playoff game? When has Sanchez ever put up 41pts?

See what I mean?

Exactly.

Sanchez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pennington.

I think we can all agree on this. I mean, Lets Go Jets doesn't post here.

Absolutely, I was just pointing out how we are really starting to creep into the old day conversations.

Again, I'm not comparing the 2. There is no comparison. I was just pointing out how we are tip toeing the line of the old days. Thats all.

I hate Pennington. Always have. Its been well documented. And while I dont think Mark is a very good QB, he's definitely a lot better than Chadwick and I really really like him as a player. Its hard not to root for the kid. He's says all the right things, shines when the spotlight is on, he's really become a leader and he's smoking hot.

It's different. Pennington wasn't good enough to play against good defenses, simple as that. Romo's physically good enough, but mentally he's like an egg back there.

The difference is, Pennington was both of those things. Sure he was a complete joke physically, but he was just as horrible mentally when the pressure was on. I mean, he played like a scared bitch every week, but when his team ever actually expected him to do anything he just curled up in a ball and sobbed.

When has Sacnehz ever had a home playoff game? When has Sanchez ever put up 41pts?

See what I mean?

I gotcha, but this one is too easy. If any team ever backed into a division title it was that one. Even with the playoff win, they still won fewer games that year than Sanchez has won every single year of his career.

See what I mean?

Absolutely, I was just pointing out how we are really starting to creep into the old day conversations.

Again, I'm not comparing the 2. There is no comparison. I was just pointing out how we are tip toeing the line of the old days. Thats all.

I hate Pennington. Always have. Its been well documented. And while I dont think Mark is a very good QB, he's definitely a lot better than Chadwick and I really really like him as a player. Its hard not to root for the kid. He's says all the right things, shines when the spotlight is on, he's really become a leader and he's smoking hot.

I get what you're saying, and I'm certainly not one to go screaming about 4 road playoff wins, so I get it. It's just that, comparison or not, it makes me sick to my stomach to see Chadwick's name in even the same post as Sanchez's.

I gotcha, but this one is too easy. If any team ever backed into a division title it was that one. Even with the playoff win, they still won fewer games that year than Sanchez has won every single year of his career.

And Sanchez backed in his first year too...remember? Peyton getting benched at half time, losing to Atlanta, Rex on the podium declaring us out and about to cry untill he heard chants of someone losing so the Jets could get in (cant remember which team), etc.

I get what you're saying, and I'm certainly not one to go screaming about 4 road playoff wins, so I get it. It's just that, comparison or not, it makes me sick to my stomach to see Chadwick's name in even the same post as Sanchez's.

You and me both. Its just the samilarities of the old days conversations are abundant.

And Sanchez backed in his first year too...remember? Peyton getting benched at half time, losing to Atlanta, Rex on the podium declaring us out and about to cry untill he heard chants of someone losing so the Jets could get in (cant remember which team), etc.

You and me both. Its just the samilarities of the old days conversations are abundant.

As long as we are not arguing over a QB who can't throw a football more than 20 feet in the air I'm fine with it.

I understand Sanchez isn't a superstar and probably never will be but the suggestion that he has shown no improvement whatsoever is ludicrous. He made reads and throws Sunday night he would not have made last year.

As long as we are not arguing over a QB who can't throw a football more than 20 feet in the air I'm fine with it.

I understand Sanchez isn't a superstar and probably never will be but the suggestion that he has shown no improvement whatsoever is ludicrous. He made reads and throws Sunday night he would not have made last year.

He looked the same guy to me...but no biggie. I still think he can improve...and i was never in the business of saying he's made no improvements. I more so wanted to point out to my fellow Chad haters that our conversations about Sanchez are borderline the Chadwick days.

He looked the same guy to me...but no biggie. I still think he can improve...and i was never in the business of saying he's made no improvements. I more so wanted to point out to my fellow Chad haters that our conversations about Sanchez are borderline the Chadwick days.

It's a fair point, but as long as Sanchez plays his best, and not his worst football, when the Jets need it most, I find it at least a little more forgiveable. While he still needs to make a whole lot of improvement, the truth is this team is still capable of winning a championship with Sanchez, the same could never be said for the noodle. I mean hell, I'm pretty sure Sanchez put up more points against the Steelers in the second half of the AFC Championship than Chad has in his entire career combined (and I'm not kidding about that either, I'm pretty sure that's true).

Didn't even realize Sanchez converted 6 3rd downs on Sun. Say what you want about the kid, but that's pretty beast.

He also failed to gain a 1st down on 5 of the 12 Jets possessions, including one in which he completed a 1-yd pass on a 3rd-and-2.

A 3rd year QB also can't make the mistakes that he did on the play where he nearly fumbled away any chance of a comeback.

He also failed to gain a 1st down on 5 of the 12 Jets possessions, including one in which he completed a 1-yd pass on a 3rd-and-2.

A 3rd year QB also can't make the mistakes that he did on the play where he nearly fumbled away any chance of a comeback.

So what your saying is he DID get a first down 7 outta 12 times? 1 yd pass on 3rd and 2. no half credit? hate to have you for a Math teacher.

I think every QB has fumbled away chances to win. Difference is Mark looks way better doing it.

Oh I'm not making any excuses, thought he was mediocre beyond belief and I'm hoping that's attributable to Ware. Even still, that's a number that really doesn't need a ton of context behind it. Even if you're ******* up on 1st that often, it's still impressive if you're making up for it on the make-or-break down equally as often at that volume.

So what your saying is he DID get a first down 7 outta 12 times? 1 yd pass on 3rd and 2. no half credit? hate to have you for a Math teacher.

I think every QB has fumbled away chances to win. Difference is Mark looks way better doing it.

I'm saying that on over 40% of their drives, Sanchez failed to move the sticks even once before Dallas regained possession... he may have done a decent job at sustaining drives once they got going, but 3-and-outs were plentiful, especially early in the game.

And I'm not talking about the fact that he fumbled, but that he fumbled on a play in which he clearly saw Dallas sending at least 6 and instead of doing something to counter it, chose to turn his back and run laterally with the ball out there for the taking. Horrific play.

I'm saying that on over 40% of their drives, Sanchez failed to move the sticks even once before Dallas regained possession... he may have done a decent job at sustaining drives once they got going, but 3-and-outs were plentiful, especially early in the game.

And I'm not talking about the fact that he fumbled, but that he fumbled on a play in which he clearly saw Dallas sending at least 6 and instead of doing something to counter it, chose to turn his back and run laterally with the ball out there for the taking. Horrific play.

The Pic bothered me more because it was his chance to be "ThatQB" and take the game over. Maybe in year 4?

Archived