Watching Woodhead dance and juke his way for 5+ yards....

Steveg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

No, we cut him for a guy with infinitely more talent. Woodhead isn't close to being fast enough to have been able to block that punt Sunday night and I know I'm not the only one who remembers him blowing contain on two kickoffs against Ted Ginn and costing us a ******* game! McKnight's already about 100 times the special teams player Woodhead is and has a 100-yard game under his belt as a featured back which is something Woodhead will likely never do.

Many good ones ... but this is my favorite

Danny's winning ballgames for the Bolts ....

and Joe's working hard too

0211_Didnotknow_Article.jpg

do you know how hard it is not to quote yourself when you nailed it and got slapped around years ago?  It's hard.  In case you didn't know.  The flip side is when you totally blow it and nobody bumps that thread.  Which is nice too.  I love it when that happens.

Let the rest of us do it for you bro ... lots of good material here

Third down back has to block better...I get it...good dude...plays fast...still needs to block better.

Then don't use him as a blocker. Dump offs, draws and quick plays.

It would help Geno out a lot. There's no go to guy when he's in trouble.

Not saying it has to be woodhead. Just any back that style.

Danny Woodhead just didn't workout here for whatever reason. Like many say about Braylon Edwards can we just move on.

Nobody says Braylon didn't work out. Braylon's not a Jet because he's a turd who can't realize his talent, and many here project onto him a greater skillset than he actually has in order to make it sound all warm and fuzzy when they suggest Braylon is the answer to all the passing game woes.

Woodhead was a hard-working playe who showed promise, he was put on the practice squad because Tanny was in self-preservation mode forcing the team to waste roster spots on his sh*tty draft picks. In this case, Joe McKnight.

He is just another Brett Ratliff.

Joking aside, there are lots of players the jets have let go of under rex/tanny that are producing around the league. 

There sure are.

Philosophically flawed front office. Once players show up for camp, it stops mattering what round they were drafted in. Best players play. That is how you build a perpetually competitive team, we see New ENgland and Baltimore built within this model. Draft picks are not given extra-long leashes like they were here under Tanny.

Normally, he's actually very good in pass protection.

I've watched the Chargers often this year...I like the fact he knows his assignment and makes the effort to block...just that once or twice a game he's physically overwhelmed...decent player....I can see why the Jets and Pats thought they could find better.

There sure are.

Philosophically flawed front office. Once players show up for camp, it stops mattering what round they were drafted in. Best players play. That is how you build a perpetually competitive team, we see New ENgland and Baltimore built within this model. Draft picks are not given extra-long leashes like they were here under Tanny.

It appears Idzik has the same philosophy though.

I've watched the Chargers often this year...I like the fact he knows his assignment and makes the effort to block...just that once or twice a game he's physically overwhelmed...decent player....I can see why the Jets and Pats thought they could find better.

Technically, the Jets DUMPED Woodhead, assuming they could find better, but didn't, while the Patriots KEPT Woodhead until they found better in Vereen.

The behaviors of a winner vs. a loser.

Technically, the Jets DUMPED Woodhead, assuming they could find better, but didn't, while the Patriots KEPT Woodhead until they found better in Vereen.

The behaviors of a winner vs. a loser.

Agreed.

Funny how the Jets always chose the path of hope versus the path of verify.  Hopefully, Idzik changes the path and builds a better future.

How so?

I can't think of an example of Idzik favoring his draft picks over UDFA's tbh.

Walls is better than Milliner. Cumberland was better than Winslow. Is Simms better than Geno? Idk, maybe. More will shake out as the season goes on.

• 1 month later...

Archived