The Colts

Gainzo

Your defense is terrible, your WR's are terrible, your running backs are terrible... The only position besides QB I would call a strength is TE... You succeed cause you have a top 5 QB of all time, so yeah.. Unless Hoyer is anohter elite qb, I don't see how you frighten anyone...

The Pats have no pass rush to speak of, the DB's look suprisingly bad (since they improved as the year wore on last year),the lb's are still trying to get comfortable with the 4-3 and the safeties....well, they scare me. So yah, right now the defense is terrible. However, to call the wide outs terrible is foolish and to call the rb's terrible is kind of dumb too. When called upon, they churn the yards out.

All that said, anyone that can predict that Hoyer is any good is just making a prediction based on....hope? There is absolutely no evidence to support that Hoyer is any good at the NFL level. This is not to say he won't be. It's just that nobody could possibly know.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pats have no pass rush to speak of, the DB's look suprisingly bad (since they improved as the year wore on last year),the lb's are still trying to get comfortable with the 4-3 and the safeties....well, they scare me. So yah, right now the defense is terrible. However, to call the wide outs terrible is foolish and to call the rb's terrible is kind of dumb too. When called upon, they churn the yards out.

All that said, anyone that can predict that Hoyer is any good is just making a prediction based on....hope? There is absolutely no evidence to support that Hoyer is any good at the NFL level. This is not to say he won't be. It's just that nobody could possibly know.

eh.. the wide outs are Welker and a bunch of filler. Maybe not terrible but not a scary group. The tight ends are the real threat in that offense.

However, to call the wide outs terrible is foolish

The WR's might not be terrible per se, but they're certainly not scaring anyone if it's some JAG QB throwing them the ball.

to call the rb's terrible is kind of dumb too. When called upon, they churn the yards out.

It couldn't be Brady's presence that allows them to churn out said yards, could it?

Good luck with Green-Ellis and Woodhead if the defense doesn't have to worry about getting carved up by the opposing QB.

The Pats WR's have the easiest job in the NFL. They have a great system and the best QB in the league. All they have to do is execute, which is easy to do playing for BB with Brady throwing to you and you dont run routes over 10 yards.

Branch was worthless on another team, Welker was worhtless on another team...the only WR that was worth a damn when he wasnt on the Pats was OchoCinco. Your RB's suck. Ellis would be nothing on any other team, Woodhead couldnt even make the Jets roster, and the rookies are unknowns so I wont commment. None of these player would be relevant in the NFL if they were on any other team. The TE's are really good.

You're defense is awful. Plain and simple.

CTM is right, the Pats are not a great team. They have a once in generation player in a QB driven league who can carry a team like very few have ever been able to do. Take him out of his game and the Pats arent even really all that competitive. Unfortunately for Jets fans, there are few teams besides the Jets who can do that to Brady.

I'd love to see your WR's with Kerry Collins at QB, or how well your RB's churn out yards without the threat of an elite passing attack.. The team stinks outside Brady, Gronk and Hernandez.. Lucky for you an elite QB goes along way towards winning a lot of football games in this league

eh.. the wide outs are Welker and a bunch of filler. Maybe not terrible but not a scary group. The tight ends are the real threat in that offense.

They are terrible... as jifard simmons said, both Branch and Welker were terrible players on other teams and Stinko hasn't been a great player in years

Somebody tinkled on some Jets fans' wheaties this morning, I see. So sorry, the Jets RB's are the bomb! Plaxico's zero recption day was an abberation - the Jets have the best wide outs ever! Keller is superior to both Gronkowski AND Hernandez.

The Pats running backs works well in the Pats system and that's all you can ask for. The wide out work well in the Pats system and that is all you ask for. Hernandez (who is more a wide-out than a TE) and Gronkowki work well in the Pats system and that is all you can ask for. Tom Brady works really well in the Pats system....you know the rest.

I laugh when people call Brady a system QB. Every team has a system. Every team has a QB that works in that system. Some are better suited for some "systems" than others. The Jets were a pound and ground. Not sure what they are now. I suspect the addition of Burress may have changed the philosophy a bit. I think they finally figured out that Tomlinson is a better weapon as a receiver out of the backfield. The dude is a screen play machine. Call me nuts, but seems to me that the shorter passing game - screens, slants, etc....are becoming a bigger part of the Jets offense. Wonder where they got the idea for that? :)

Who the heck are you responding to, Garb?

The Pats are a collection of mediocre talent with an all-century QB. Only Pats Homerific Homers would debate that. Brady is simply that good. Why the hell do you think the Pats lose by 2 TDs when he plays poorly?

The whole Pats game plan is premised on Brady being perfect. When he's not, you lose. It's as simple as that.

Somebody tinkled on some Jets fans' wheaties this morning, I see. So sorry, the Jets RB's are the bomb! Plaxico's zero recption day was an abberation - the Jets have the best wide outs ever! Keller is superior to both Gronkowski AND Hernandez.

The Pats running backs works well in the Pats system and that's all you can ask for. The wide out work well in the Pats system and that is all you ask for. Hernandez (who is more a wide-out than a TE) and Gronkowki work well in the Pats system and that is all you can ask for. Tom Brady works really well in the Pats system....you know the rest.

I laugh when people call Brady a system QB. Every team has a system. Every team has a QB that works in that system. Some are better suited for some "systems" than others. The Jets were a pound and ground. Not sure what they are now. I suspect the addition of Burress may have changed the philosophy a bit. I think they finally figured out that Tomlinson is a better weapon as a receiver out of the backfield. The dude is a screen play machine. Call me nuts, but seems to me that the shorter passing game - screens, slants, etc....are becoming a bigger part of the Jets offense. Wonder where they got the idea for that? :)

Who called Brady a system qb?

also, I love the bit where you insinuate that the Patriots invented the short passing game. Good stuff.

Who called Brady a system qb?

also, I love the bit where you insinuate that the Patriots invented the short passing game. Good stuff.

Never insinuated that the Pats invented anything, I'm insinuating that the Jets have incorporated some of their play calling.

The Pats are a collection of mediocre talent with an all-century QB. Only Pats Homerific Homers would debate that. Brady is simply that good. Why the hell do you think the Pats lose by 2 TDs when he plays poorly?

The whole Pats game plan is premised on Brady being perfect. When he's not, you lose. It's as simple as that.

Believe what you want, Jets fan.

Never insinuated that the Pats invented anything, I'm justinsinuating that the Jets have incorporated some of that philosphy.

The Jets and every other team in the league throw short passes. I'm not sure what your point is. The three tight end sets they have been throwing out of this year is something that you could say was probably NE inspired.

Does it matter who she's responding to? She is one of the least-informed trolls I've ever encountered. She has about as much a clue about football as DLJ.

Can't even comprehend how miserable she is.

Ummmm, the Jets WR's are pretty awesome. Holmes is a top 10 WR. Plaxico at one time was a top 10 WR. Both have been outstanding on multiple teams. They have both caught game winning SB catches. Mason has been one of the most consistent WR's in the league on 2 different run first teams for the past decade. And nobody is questioning the talent of your TE's...in fact, everyone has said they are very very good, which they are. What we are saying is everyone else on your offense is sh*t without Brady.

I laugh when people call Brady a system QB.

Not a single person in this thread has called Brady anything less than a once in a generation player. The whole debate is about if you remove him, the Pats are awful...which they are. Thats how good Brady is.

Call me nuts, but seems to me that the shorter passing game - screens, slants, etc....are becoming a bigger part of the Jets offense. Wonder where they got the idea for that?

You're nuts or you havent watched the Jets. Nothing we run is anything like the Pats.

Does it matter who she's responding to? She is one of the least-informed trolls I've ever encountered. She has about as much a clue about football as DLJ.

Can't even comprehend how miserable she is.

I'm sorry if somehow DLJ and I insult your superior football IQ. It's posters like you that have made this board the great place it is today. Must be why so many of the former posters have left. It's just too good now.

So, how do you know sooooo much? Countless hours watching games? Nope, wait! Pop Warner? Flag football with your buddies on Saturday afternoon? Hmmm....Madden!

I have as suggestion, dick, if my football acumen bothers you so much, put me on ignore. Save yourself the "misery."

The Pats are the greatest team ever assembled by man

You are all wise, and your football knowledge is unparalleled. You played what position in high school? Your really seem to know the nuances of the game.

Osmosis - if you have the privledge of being a fan of BB and Brady - you become just as brilliant as them.

Thought that we were talking about the Colts...but this has turned into a Pats discussion which is fine with me. And to be honest, the Pats are also a one dimensional team, by that I mean....QB is All World...Special Teams are NOT special, Defense Blows. That is my definition of a one dimensional team.

The Pats are the greatest team ever assembled by man

You are all wise, and your football knowledge is unparalleled. You played what position in high school? Your really seem to know the nuances of the game.

I played the midi in my high school field hockey team. Want to hear my expert opinion on the nuances of that game? LOL!

You all get so angry when I have an opinion that does not concur with yours. And, I have never, ever said that I am some kind of analytical expert on football....I'm just pointing out that some folks - like opitumum jacka@@ - allude to being "experts" and completely disregard anyone's else's point of view.

I have my opinions. You all have your opinions. I can't help it if mine are better. ;)

I played the midi in my high school field hockey team. Want to hear my expert opinion on the nuances of that game? LOL!

You all get so angry when I have an opinion that does not concur with yours. And, I have never, ever said that I am some kind of analytical expert on football....I'm just pointing out that some folks - like opitumum jacka@@ - allude to being "experts."

I have my opinions. You all have your opinions. I can't help it if mine are better. ;)

The Pats without Brady is like the A-Team without Hannibal.. a bunch of rejects incapable of forming a coherent plan.

That said, who cares what the filthy Ape says? Just bash him in the nuts with your field hockey stick and call it a day...

So you have no real knowledge of football whatsoever except for whatever your opinions are.

Gotcha....You sound like some sports editor I know of that works for the 3rd largest publication in the US

LOL! 'gotta fulfill the misery quota. Just like DLJ fulfills the Black quota and Optimum a@@h*le fulfills the blowhard quota.

I'm sorry if somehow DLJ and I insult your superior football IQ. It's posters like you that have made this board the great place it is today. Must be why so many of the former posters have left. It's just too good now.

So, how do you know sooooo much? Countless hours watching games? Nope, wait! Pop Warner? Flag football with your buddies on Saturday afternoon? Hmmm....Madden!

I have as suggestion, dick, if my football acumen bothers you so much, put me on ignore. Save yourself the "misery."

The troll making comments about "people like me" ruining JN is laughable. Yeah, the level-headed fans that don't over-react to every bit of trivial news or troll trash talk, we really effed this place up.

I'm not putting you on ignore you miserable wretch, i enjoy pointing out how under-informed your opinions are as you talk trash about our team, and even laud your own team which most of us know more about than you. Giving counter points to you trolling nonsense is well within the boundaries of JN rules.

That said, you have called me a dick and an a$$hole in this thread - both personal attacks - they banned serphynx for less the other day. Just sayin Max.... Nobody's gonna miss shim.

Why does this dude continue to take shots at me like I give a flying **** about him or his opinion of me.

It's a football website, and the only thing I say about you is you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to football. Nothing personal, you are entitled to your opinions... I just think they are off base and funny, so I clown on you.

It's a football website, and the only thing I say about you is you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to football. Nothing personal, you are entitled to your opinions... I just think they are off base and funny, so I clown on you.

And again IDGAF about you or YOUR OPINION. Kick rocks blowhard.

let's not have any attacks here

now back to the Colts, I really think they'll be great with Andrew Luck being mentored by Peyton Manning

edit: but I just remembered by the time Luck is here I don't know if Reggie Wayne will still be a legit #1 so they better draft a new WR

If the Patriots lost Brady they would be in the same situation as the Colts. Is the backup for NE going to throw for almost 900 yrds. in 2 games.to overcome their garbage defense? Doubt it. The Chargers gave them that game, it was pathetic to watch. The Jets on the other hand wouldnt fall as hard as those teams cause they are built with a strong defense & running game. As far as Brunell, no way hes done, he has no arm left & cant move. That would be a disaster. Put in the kid McElroy, hes young, energetic, could scramble, and a winner. Hes from a bigtime program & is the same type of QB as Sanchez, not gonna pile 400yrds on you but can manage a game with quick slants & the run. You cannot replace a Brady, Manning, Rodgers or Brees. Sorry to say, Sanchez you can.

Archived