To all the Haters...63.2%!

Latinlawyer

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe mark sanchez is sick of lesbians but he doesn't say mean things

wtf does this have to do with anything? Youve always got some slick sh*t to say to me even when I dont even start with you. I would totally snap on your a$$ if it didnt mean my banishment.

63.2%

63.2 %

63.2%

That is Mark Sanchez's current Completion percentage.

I like that he is completing more passes...hopefully this will continue through the season!

SANCHIZE!

LL

While everyone's talked about completion percentage his whole career, it's the 7.6 ypa number that I like to see.

He'll be an average at best QB if he keeps playing like he did yesterday.

People complain about the Ints, lamenting that he could throw 20 pics. But extrapolation goes both ways. He's also on pace to throw for over 4000 yard and 32 TDs

People complain about the Ints, lamenting that he could throw 20 pics. But extrapolation goes both ways. He's also on pace to throw for over 4000 yard and 32 TDs

While I highly doubt that will happen. It is all we have right now. I am liking Sanchez as our guy. He has steadily improved every year. His slide is a hing of beauty (getting the last yard he could and drawing a penalty) he's illusive and seems to step up and thrive when the pressures on. How many great QB's re there with all the numbers in the world but wilt in the face of pressure out there? I would rather have a guy who doesn't break all the records, but finds a way to win. That's what I see in Sanchez. Somethings he does make me cringe, but he is a winner.

wtf does this have to do with anything? Youve always got some slick sh*t to say to me even when I dont even start with you. I would totally snap on your a$$ if it didnt mean my banishment.

Thank you for handling it that way....his post was uncalled for.

maybe mark sanchez is sick of lesbians but he doesn't say mean things

Black on black crime is destroying the community

Um, let's see. What could my point be in a thread about how Sanchez's completion percentage makes him elite?

Yawn... Do better.

My take on the thread was that Sanchez has shown improvement in an area most fans wanted to see it.

To be honest I think you and some of the other broken records around here need to do better - bringing up Pennington at the drop of a hat still? Let it go.

You read my mind. But you'll surely hear from everyone that the 24 INTs is absolutely a completely reasonable assumption to judge him based on as of today, but those TD and yardage numbers are obviously completely nonsensical and he deserves no credit for them, nor his vastly improved completion percentage.

I wasn't totally happy about the Sanchez selection when he was drafted. Mostly due to his inexperience, being vertically challanged for a QB and perhaps the fact he was from USC

Since then the kid has shown quite a bit. He's tough, a hard worker, and has improved every year. Right now considering he has been knocked down over 20 times in 2 games IMO he is playing great. Yes, the picks have to stop, and he still needs to improve, but the OL has to keep him upright .

The Pennington shot is silly

Um, let's see. What could my point be in a thread about how Sanchez's completion percentage makes him elite?

Yawn... Do better.

Elite? Hardly, but the point is that that it's that very completion percentage that half this board was incessantly whining about all offseason long. To some of the old school Penny-lovers its the most important stat ever, that is you know, except for now that Sanchez has improved his. More than anything, it's proving the difference between those who might actually have legitimate concerns about the guy, and those who are just looking for the best excuse to sh*t all over him, and simply moving on once one of them no longer works.

No improvement. Book is closed on this 24 year old QB. He is what he is, and thats all he is....a 4,000/30+/63% passer. He sucks. Never mind his 678% winning percentage.

Chad Pennington had a good completion percentage too.

Ha! Now you're just trolling. And I like it.

I wasn't totally happy about the Sanchez selection when he was drafted. Mostly due to his inexperience, being vertically challanged for a QB and perhaps the fact he was from USC

Since then the kid has shown quite a bit. He's tough, a hard worker, and has improved every year. Right now considering he has been knocked down over 20 times in 2 games IMO he is playing great. Yes, the picks have to stop, and he still needs to improve, but the OL has to keep him upright .

The Pennington shot is silly

I hated him coming out of college. He was the 1 guy I didnt want, kinda like Vernon Gholston. He's won me over though. Maybe its because he's dead smexy, but I like the competitor in him. I'll take an average QB who plays his best in big moments over a lights our regular season guy who chokes in the clutch, anyday.

You read my mind. But you'll surely hear from everyone that the 24 INTs is absolutely a completely reasonable assumption to judge him based on as of today, but those TD and yardage numbers are obviously completely nonsensical and he deserves no credit for them, nor his vastly improved completion percentage.

No one's saying that but you.

If anything the only argument I'm seeing is praising the "pace" he's on for 4000 yards and 32 TD's while ignoring that he's also on pace for 40 interceptions + fumbles. And that's with playing against two garbage secondaries. Before we get goosebumps over stats against Rob Ryan's Dallas defense, that pussy Alexa Smith had just as good of a game statistically-speaking.

I like that we won. I like that we usually do win with him at the helm. And I still think Sanchez has a long way to go in 3 major areas:

1. staring down his receivers (and in doing so not seeing who else is open)

2. consistency with accurate passing (clearly he threads the needle sometimes but too often he's throwing behind receivers or too high or too low when said receiver is open enough to allow a pass in stride right where he wants it).

3. being more careful with the ball in general.

I also think all 3 of these things are items that can and will improve with time and experience, as it did with many QBs. Why this is treated as a controversy is beyond me.

The kid is what 24? Has been in the big league now 3 years, only played at USC for what 16 games? The kid has won 4 (FOUR) road playoff games (4-2), helped the team get to 2 AFCCG's, and some still complian about him. He is improving. and Interceptions are part of being a QB in the NFL. Some are just nit-picking Sanchez apart. This is ridiculous. And to be honest, I don't care about pure statistics. What I care about is the W in the win column. As a Jet fan since I saw Broadway Joe in his last year with the Jets, our team has had some of the worst ways you can possibly lose games. Finally, after many years, we have a team that can be an NFL powerhouse and true contender for many years to come, and some still complain. For us to win a SB, it will take all aspects of football, all out team effort to make that happen. We have the QB, the offense, special teams, and defense to go all the way. We are not a one dimensional team. I think some want Sanchez to throw for 300 plus yards every game, that is not going to happen now. Maybe a year or two down the road it will, but won't be today. Sanchez is our future QB, and when its said and done, will be a very good QB, with the possibility to be great.

We are 2-0 which is exactly where we SHOULD be. And if we are going to take the next step as a TEAM, like I see the Jets doing, we must beat the Raiders, Ravens and PATS the next three games. And for that to happen, it will take a team effort, not just Sanchez attempting 50 passes per game.

IMO, our Jets are the most complete team in the NFL TODAY. Lets see if I am right, lets see if our team is ready to become the best, winning the next three will show us 100% if this team (including Sanchez) are progressing in that direction.

Something tells me we are.

I hated him coming out of college. He was the 1 guy I didnt want, kinda like Vernon Gholston. He's won me over though. Maybe its because he's dead smexy, but I like the competitor in him. I'll take an average QB who plays his best in big moments over a lights our regular season guy who chokes in the clutch, anyday.

This, this, a million times this. It's the one reason it's going to take more than what we've seen so far for me to give up on the kid. The Jets haven't had a QB in near 40 years that could do a damn thing when it mattered most (with the exception of a few glimpses from Vinny T), so I'm not ready to give up on the one who's shown he can do that better than he can do anything else.

Chad Pennington had a good completion percentage too.

Yes, but you criticized Sanchez for his poor completion percentage in the past and now that he has improved on that, you dismiss it with the Chad analogy.

Great job in moving the Goal Posts.

Archived