Rob Turner to I.R.

Maxman

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15645775

Sept. 26, 2011 8:19 p.m. - by Lisa Zimmerman - Report says Turner headed to injured reserve

OL Rob Turner is being put on injured reserve, according to a source. Turner broke his right ankle during the first preseason game, against Houston. The team had originally hoped Turner might be able to play again during the 2011 season. Jets RapidReports

Gotta say, Tannenbaum really deserves some serious criticism for this. He rested the entire depth of the line on Turner's shoulders, and in turn that's been a disaster. Taking the risk with these projects has just been depressing to watch. Granted, Hunter and Turner were both projects once upon a time, but that's a dangerous precedent to be concrete about when you'd already lost Woody and Ducasse clearly wasn't ready to play.

I think baker may be coming up from the PS

can I daydream about damien woody "coming through that door" ? could he even be a remote possibility ?

That's what we all think, but Baker is basically what Cumberland was last year. A project pass catching TE/H-back. He's certainly not a necessary part. He wasn't even on the practice squad a week or two ago. I see Woody on television and he looks fat and out of shape. I think that even if he wanted to come back it would probably be a long time before he was ready.

That's what we all think, but Baker is basically what Cumberland was last year. A project pass catching TE/H-back. He's certainly not a necessary part. He wasn't even on the practice squad a week or two ago. I see Woody on television and he looks fat and out of shape. I think that even if he wanted to come back it would probably be a long time before he was ready.

oh, he's doing TV now ?

rats

Well one spot was filled by Josh Baker. I would imagine they are planning on signing an oline man off another team's PS or something. Gotta be. The only oline man ready is Vlad.

Right, but why put Turner on the IR? It seems like they could do that with Logan Payne and all they'd be out is a potential special teamer who isn't ready to play in any event. I'm worried this means that Turner's rehab is not going well.

helmet.gif

Lisa Zimmerman is reporting that the New York Jets will be placing offensive lineman Robert Turner on injured reserve, which means he is done for the season.  This is a huge blow to the Jets who were initially hoping that Turner could come back by mid-season.

Expect the Jets to sign a a veteran lineman or possibly two as the team is in desperate need of line help/depth, especially after Sunday’s performance.

di</img>di</img>

RgjtJ7Ep3eo

View the full article

Right, but why put Turner on the IR? It seems like they could do that with Logan Payne and all they'd be out is a potential special teamer who isn't ready to play in any event. I'm worried this means that Turner's rehab is not going well.

Good point. An offensive lineman is more important than WR at this point. We need the depth. Maybe you're right, his rehab isn't going well.

Could be that the Jets have enough confidence in Baxter for the time being, too.

i admire your optimism. we're well on our way down sh*t creek with this line. call faneca and woody as ridiculous as that sounds big upgrade. where is the puke emoticon? i have to go cry now

i admire your optimism. we're well on our way down sh*t creek with this line. call faneca and woody as ridiculous as that sounds big upgrade. where is the puke emoticon? i have to go cry now

Not optimism so much as trying to rationalize the move. Prior to Baxter's first start, they felt the need to carry Turner. After it, they felt they could shut down Turner's season. Doesn't seem like a huge leap to think they liked what they saw. I did. I expected the worst, and Baxter was far from the worst things that happened in that game.

Gotta say, Tannenbaum really deserves some serious criticism for this. He rested the entire depth of the line on Turner's shoulders, and in turn that's been a disaster. Taking the risk with these projects has just been depressing to watch. Granted, Hunter and Turner were both projects once upon a time, but that's a dangerous precedent to be concrete about when you'd already lost Woody and Ducasse clearly wasn't ready to play.

Agreed. A good team has 53 pro-bowl caliber players. Tannenbaum has failed.

never exactly looked "in shape" to begin with

damien-woody-jets-e3e90236bd11fef8_large.jpg

agree it's a pipe dream but that's what jets fans do best

http://www.cbssports...s/post/15645775

Sept. 26, 2011 8:19 p.m. - by Lisa Zimmerman - Report says Turner headed to injured reserve

OL Rob Turner is being put on injured reserve, according to a source. Turner broke his right ankle during the first preseason game, against Houston. The team had originally hoped Turner might be able to play again during the 2011 season. Jets RapidReports

Sign Baby Crusher.

Sucks, but Turner wasn't really an option at T.

I agree with Rutgers criticism of Tanny and Slat's take that the rational reason is that they're satisfied with Baxter.

I agree with Rutgers as well but when you look at Tanny do you really think hes making personnel decisions or is he told what to do and makes it happen ? Hes not really a football guy so Im sure he leans heavily on the coaching staff to advise him. Its not like hes Mike Holmgren style of GM hes more the financial end .

Honestly I don't know how the Jets run things but If I were to take a guess I think the above statement would hold true.

The way this team was handled in the offseason on Offense was poor at best ...... Putting the WR debate aside, Our O-Line is in a shambles and nearing total disaster if another guy comes up lame, lets face it we've been pretty lucky in the O-Line dept. with minimal injury for as long as I can remember , our back field is a 2 back situation where we never give McKnight the chance to ever touch a football and Powell Is inactive every week . Its like Rex just hands to reigns to Shotty and only activates bare minimum on offense so he can have 900 DB's out there on defense. Every year Shotty has been here its very rare you see anyone but the starters touch the football and its very rare you see more than 2 backs incorporated into the offense it just seems to make us all the more predictable.

We left 10 mil on the table (not sure on this just going on what I heard) this off season lets hope that was an emergency fund for issues just like we have now. I figured that money would come in handy if we had any WR isses or O-Line issues especially after the poor pre season Vlad had .

I agree with Rutgers as well but when you look at Tanny do you really think hes making personnel decisions or is he told what to do and makes it happen ? Hes not really a football guy so Im sure he leans heavily on the coaching staff to advise him. Its not like hes Mike Holmgren style of GM hes more the financial end .

Honestly I don't know how the Jets run things but If I were to take a guess I think the above statement would hold true.

The way this team was handled in the offseason on Offense was poor at best ...... Putting the WR debate aside, Our O-Line is in a shambles and nearing total disaster if another guy comes up lame, lets face it we've been pretty lucky in the O-Line dept. with minimal injury for as long as I can remember , our back field is a 2 back situation where we never give McKnight the chance to ever touch a football and Powell Is inactive every week . Its like Rex just hands to reigns to Shotty and only activates bare minimum on offense so he can have 900 DB's out there on defense. Every year Shotty has been here its very rare you see anyone but the starters touch the football and its very rare you see more than 2 backs incorporated into the offense it just seems to make us all the more predictable.

We left 10 mil on the table (not sure on this just going on what I heard) this off season lets hope that was an emergency fund for issues just like we have now. I figured that money would come in handy if we had any WR isses or O-Line issues especially after the poor pre season Vlad had .

We were in for a world of hurt going into the pre-season. For awhile, there was even talk we could lose 2 of the 3 (Holmes, Cro, Edwards). All things considered, they did a fine job.

As to your point about offensive linemen, well, almost every team that loses 3 o-lineman is screwed. Quality depth isn't easy to come by in this league. That's not a Jets problem, it's an NFL problem.

Swear with all the whining around here you would think we had a losing record.. or hadn't won multiple playoff games in each of the last 2 years.

Overreact much? They didn't handle FA well on offense? Who the hell did you want them to get? It's not like they past on Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas. The shambles on the offensive line is the result of guys playing worse than last year. They aren't old washed up guys like Faneca either. You don't spend $10M on midseason replacements. I would guess that whatever money is left is paid to current players up front to reduce their cap hits for 2012 and leave us flexiblility.

Archived