Kris Jenkins take on the game

Klecko73isGod

Can't blame that loss on Baxter. He is a rookie and there are other lineman who could have made the line calls. Mangold is missed, Sanchez should have that o line living at his house for the rest of the season so they know everything that has to do with protecting him and the RBs.

They did one sprint pass with a one man route to the sprint. The offensive play calling was horrendous. You play to your strengths, Shotty clearly has some issues with making adjustments in real time.

Failure by the offensive coaching staff. Who in their right mind puts Vlad in the game. He doesn't have a shadow cause he can't even block the sun man geeeeezzzus.

Can't say I disagree.

Funny how much you see the Shotty references yet we keep bringing the idiot back . I think this shows us first hand how the players really feel. Some current players can hint at it but they cant just come out and say Shotty sucks giant a$$ now can they ? A move needs to be made now. But like I said in another post Shotty once again has his built in excuse .

Funny how much you see the Shotty references yet we keep bringing the idiot back . I think this shows us first hand how the players really feel. Some current players can hint at it but they cant just come out and say Shotty sucks giant a$$ now can they ? A move needs to be made now. But like I said in another post Shotty once again has his built in excuse .

Any chance we can up Moore's salary and make him acting OC? How about cavanaugh or callahan? Somebody please.

Can't say I disagree.

And what exactly are our strengths right now ?

That is a serious question. You can't run the ball with this OL, you can't give Sanchez the time he needs to make a pass, they can't pick up any blitzes right now.

There isn't a damn thing the Jets have done well offensively this year.

wow. and not one word on Sanchez sucking, hmmmmmm. Shotty has been the problem since day 1. his passing game is structured around the old ball coach spurrier who does not believe in pass protection. the routes are always bunched together. ah, who cares.

And what exactly are our strengths right now ?

That is a serious question. You can't run the ball with this OL, you can't give Sanchez the time he needs to make a pass, they can't pick up any blitzes right now.

There isn't a damn thing the Jets have done well offensively this year.

Like Big Jenk said, and to his credit JiF was screaming it in the chatroom all night long, we should have gone max protect and worked their corners on the edges. We could have come back if Schotty wasn't so braindead. We were only down 10 at the half. They did one sprint with Mason and it went for about 30. The Ravens corners are weak and can be exploited. We made only one attempt to exploit them all night. That's on the OC.

Like Big Jenk said, and to his credit JiF was screaming it in the chatroom all night long, we should have gone max protect and worked their corners on the edges. We could have come back if Schotty wasn't so braindead. We were only down 10 at the half. They did one sprint with Mason and it went for about 30. The Ravens corners are weak and can be exploited. We made only one attempt to exploit them all night. That's on the OC.

That's on the OC, the qb and the oline. It's on the QB because he couldn't see the matchup with his eyes and find the mismatch while at the same time the oline obviously couldn't give him any time to see the field. And it'd certainly on the OC because he couldn't adjust the gameplan to get away from the defenses strengths. He played right into what the defense does well.

That's on the OC, the qb and the oline. It's on the QB because he couldn't see the matchup with his eyes and find the mismatch while at the same time the oline obviously couldn't give him any time to see the field. And it'd certainly on the OC because he couldn't adjust the gameplan to get away from the defenses strengths. He played right into what the defense does well.

I personally counted 8 straight first down runs right into the teeth of the Ravens D - not smart.

Joe McKnight has become a beastly special teams player - he returns kicks, is an outstanding gunner, we even used him as a blitzer and he actually got pressure which helped lead to the David Harris INT. Why can't we give him a few carries, especially considering Shonn Greene has been so completely ineffective?

Hogwash. The way to beat the Ravens is to run up the gut on them and attempt passes to covered receivers 2+ yards short of the first down marker on 3rd down.

I personally counted 8 straight first down runs right into the teeth of the Ravens D - not smart.

Joe McKnight has become a beastly special teams player - he returns kicks, is an outstanding gunner, we even used him as a blitzer and he actually got pressure which helped lead to the David Harris INT. Why can't we give him a few carries, especially considering Shonn Greene has been so completely ineffective?

Not to mention they didn't try the no huddle at all. I didn't get watch most of the game, cause I didn't wanna destroy my TV and piss off my wife, but it sounds like we were extremely conservative on offense and didn't do anything to make up for our lack of oline.

Agreed about McKnight, I think he's starting to come into his own with this team, and deserve more playing time on offense. Considering the slump this offense is in, some kind of change might spark this offense. It's better than doing the same sh*t we've been doing the past two weeks.

Sperm, you would be a better OC than schitty.

I don't know about that. But I could get a roulette wheel with 38 plays on it and spin away on 1st-3rd downs and it would work better than pissing away our first downs by ramming Greene & LT up the gut behind a 3rd-string center and 2 guards playing below average.

I don't know about that. But I could get a roulette wheel with 38 plays on it and spin away on 1st-3rd downs and it would work better than pissing away our first downs by ramming Greene & LT up the gut behind a 3rd-string center and 2 guards playing below average.

Not to mention we once again couldn't exploit an injury-riddled secondary for the second straight week. There is nothing our offense did right this week.

In Shott Talk ....That'll fool em

In Schottenheimer's defense, which I have no desire to come to, just because a receiver is running a planned route short of the marker doesn't mean Sanchez has to first look to that particular receiver. Yet he does.

Where Schottenheimer is to blame in this regard is he clearly sees this on film after the game and seemingly does little or nothing about it. I do not believe for a second that Schottenheimer says to only throw to the guy underneath if he isn't blanketed and Sanchez repeatedly disregards this order.

No worries, you play the Pats next week. Pats have no pass rush, no linebackers now that Mayo is gone for a month, one safety and the softest secondary in the league. Sanchez will look like Ryan Fitzpatrick out there.

No worries, you play the Pats next week. Pats have no pass rush, no linebackers now that Mayo is gone for a month, one safety and the softest secondary in the league. Sanchez will look like Ryan Fitzpatrick out there.

Therefore we will spend the game running Greene straight into Wilfork and Haynesworth on first downs until NE has a lead of at least 2-3 scores.

Can't say I disagree.

I've been saying forever now that Schotty's real problem is developing a feel for the game and not knowing when to go away from the script.

He's painfully slow with adjustments and sometimes they never come.

A "feel for the game" is not something you develop ... you either have the skill or not and he clearly does not.

He's got to go, although I concede there is no way Rex does it in the middle of the season.

Only way Pats can even sniff a victory is if Hernandez is playing....I mean, I would assume someone on the Jets would be smart enough to cover Welker like a blanket.

Seriously though....no do run. Send a collective telepathic message to Schotty.....do not run. Screens, bombs, whatever....Pats passing defense couldn't cover my dead Grandmother (rest her soul).

I just dont understand who the Jets can protect with. Its near impossible to run up the field when your QB has all of 2 seconds to escape being hit because the blocking is poor. Matt Mulligan stinks. Vlad Ducasse stinks. Dustin Keller stinks. They never even try the guy they claimed from GB. Who else can they bring in? There isn't anyone. Those little WR screens are a bad idea especially when the Jets escaped one before the big pick that got batted about 10 yards, and the Ravens sat on it, but this is just a difficult situation. You cant win when the offensive line is this bad and even with Mangold back you can make an argument that the Jets will look to replace 3 players from it next season. Wayne Hunter has destroyed the line. The Jets cant even run right anymore. They are starting to shift to running behind the left tackle now. Its terrible. Right now the Jets are in a mode where they have to just get Sanchez out games alive.

The guy had all week to prepare for what everyone knew was going to be a full blown blitz frenzy against the Jets sh*tty oline. Everyone knew it and its why I was saying we had no chance in hell...but he did NOTHING!!! Literally nothing to counter what they were brining.

Their CB have problems defending down field. You CAN NOT shrink the field against the Ravens, it plays right into their hands and thats exactly what Schitty did. He's awful. Max protect, let Holmes, Mason, Plax work the sidelines (which was working when they did) and let Keller roam the middle of the field when he's not blocking. Its simple, easy, and but apparently running right at Ngata over and over again makes more sense to Schitty.

OMG - that game is going to be a disgrace. 47-6. (6 because the Pats D sucks)

I just dont understand who the Jets can protect with. Its near impossible to run up the field when your QB has all of 2 seconds to escape being hit because the blocking is poor. Matt Mulligan stinks. Vlad Ducasse stinks. Dustin Keller stinks. They never even try the guy they claimed from GB. Who else can they bring in? There isn't anyone. Those little WR screens are a bad idea especially when the Jets escaped one before the big pick that got batted about 10 yards, and the Ravens sat on it, but this is just a difficult situation. You cant win when the offensive line is this bad and even with Mangold back you can make an argument that the Jets will look to replace 3 players from it next season. Wayne Hunter has destroyed the line. The Jets cant even run right anymore. They are starting to shift to running behind the left tackle now. Its terrible. Right now the Jets are in a mode where they have to just get Sanchez out games alive.

The few times, they went full max protect and let the WR's work the sidelines, it was working...then they'd go right back into playing between the hash marks...and the Ravens ate their lunch.

The guy had all week to prepare for what everyone knew was going to be a full blown blitz frenzy against the Jets sh*tty oline. Everyone knew it and its why I was saying we had no chance in hell...but he did NOTHING!!! Literally nothing to counter what they were brining.

Their CB have problems defending down field. You CAN NOT shrink the field against the Ravens, it plays right into their hands and thats exactly what Schitty did. He's awful. Max protect, let Holmes, Mason, Plax work the sidelines (which was working when they did) and let Keller roam the middle of the field when he's not blocking. Its simple, easy, and but apparently running right at Ngata over and over again makes more sense to Schitty.

OMG - that game is going to be a disgrace. 47-6. (6 because the Pats D sucks)

You know the Pats are hurting in their secondary too. So we'll probably avoid throwing deep at all and check down to Mason and LT for a majority of the game. Schitty will be sure to get Greene some catches also. Don't question the Schitty.

If the Jets tank this year, and it looks like they will, I don't see a solution to the RT problem. Not to mention that Moore is playing like hell. Schotty will be the fall guy and get fired.

Does anyone else think that Callahan has some responsibility for this mess to? Those guys were confused out there as to what their blocking assignments were

I'm actually being serious for once. No reverse jinx mumbo jumbo. The Pats defense is the worst defense I have ever seen the Pats have. Mayo is out with a sprained MCL - who's 'gonna step up? Gary Guyton? Bwaaahhhh!! Spikes can't cover. Tracy White the special teams guy? C'mon. We have one safety worth anything and he's playing with one arm. The rest are worse than garbage. They are the maggots that cover the garbage. The corners are - I think calling them JAGS would be a compliment.

So, it's up to Brady to carry the team, which has been the case the past few years. Which means even if the Pats make the playoffs - big IF with their putrid D - it's one and done again. Easily.

So, b*tch and moan all you want. A lot of your problems are fixable. The Pats defense is what it is. A heaping pile of dog pooh.

I 'gotta confess though. After watching yesterdays game against Oakland, the season just got less stressful for me. I have no expectations for this team. No expectations, no stress.

If the Jets tank this year, and it looks like they will, I don't see a solution to the RT problem. Not to mention that Moore is playing like hell. Schotty will be the fall guy and get fired.

Does anyone else think that Callahan has some responsibility for this mess to? Those guys were confused out there as to what their blocking assignments were

Callahan is definitely responsible for the line. Tannenbaum is responsible for assuming that Callahan is enough to augment "projects" and UDFA's and Day 3 draft picks enough to make them suitable depth on the O-line. Plain and simple, an NFL offense is directly a product of the offensive line... and the Jets have gradually neglected theirs since drafting Brick and Mangold. Its is VERY difficult to draft a bust on the O-line... and yet, somehow we managed to do just that with Ducasse.

We invested money in outside receivers, and neglected the part where you give your QB enough time to get the ball to them.

Can't say I disagree.

when I was watching last night, I had a similar thought. the Ravens were dictating. You don't just take what the defense gives you. You make them adjust. He could have gotten their linebackers off the field more. He knew they were weak at corner but he really did not attack there. I realize the pass rush was tough but it might not have been if he had spread the offense or gone no huddle.

The few times, they went full max protect and let the WR's work the sidelines, it was working...then they'd go right back into playing between the hash marks...and the Ravens ate their lunch.

The sad part of this is that I went back and rewatched the Raiders game. In the first half, Green ran primarily off tackle and was @ 9 carries for 51 yards.

As I was watching this game last night I became furious that we kept trying to run the ball up the middle. It made it easier to crowd the line of scrimmage which entirely played into the hands of the ravens pass rush. I was screaming for multiple receiver spreads. Spread the field out. Don't even give ed reed the chance to line up outside the DE. Make them cover.

We are so busy trying to be tricksy that we refuse to lay to our strengths. There is a reason that the no huddle and two minute offense are the only times when the jets move the ball.

Archived