I starting to sense a mutiny

Ranger

Blame Rex ... He set the culture here.

Too much talking from everyone.

I like Rex, and I think he's a great defensive coordinator, but being an assistant and being the head guy require different skill sets, and I have to admit, I'm starting to question whether or not he has what it takes to be a great head coach in this league.

As an assistant or a coordinator, you can be a player's friend.

As a head coach, sometimes you have to be "the bad guy" to motivate and run a disciplined ship.

I'm starting to get the impression that the inmates are running the asylum and the head guy is letting it happen.

Not good.

I like Rex, and I think he's a great defensive coordinator, but being an assistant and being the head guy require different skill sets, and I have to admit, I'm starting to question whether or not he has what it takes to be a great head coach in this league.

As a head coach, sometimes you have to be "the bad guy" to motivate and run a disciplined ship.

I'm starting to get the impression that the inmates are running the asylum and the head guy is letting it happen.

Not good.

I generally agree with your points, but give the man a chance. It's an impression, but this is the first trouble in the lockers in the three seasons. Rhodes got shipped. Mason got shipped. I think what Holmes said is getting a little blown out of proportion, but if Moore feels that way, then maybe not. Holmes was wrong to yap to the media.

What Moore did is just as bad. He is fostering the sense of a divide and his unit is undeniably among the major problems. What a "Mangini-guy" would have said is: I support all my teammates. None of us are satisfied with our performance so far. We have to give more effort and correct our mistakes and the points will come. Then when everybody woke up they would forget about it.

I generally agree with your points, but give the man a chance. It's an impression, but this is the first trouble in the lockers in the three seasons. Rhodes got shipped. Mason got shipped. I think what Holmes said is getting a little blown out of proportion, but if Moore feels that way, then maybe not. Holmes was wrong to yap to the media.

What Moore did is just as bad. He is fostering the sense of a divide and his unit is undeniably among the major problems. What a "Mangini-guy" would have said is: I support all my teammates. None of us are satisfied with our performance so far. We have to give more effort and correct our mistakes and the points will come. Then when everybody woke up they would forget about it.

Moore is a Herm Edwards guy. It didn't make the papers, but later in the interview he showed the little refrigerator in his locker, where he keeps his emergency Fig Newtons.

this is the media being douches. there are cliques in every locker room, and players bitching about coaches. just ask me, I played semi-pro baseball

the difference here is the douches found 2 birds (out of 45) who will sing, and they are playing them off of each other

I'm new here but hear me out. This is my plan to save the Jets season:

1. Through some quantum leap, become Mike Tannenbaum.

2. Invent a time machine and go back to the end of the AFC Championship loss to the Steelers last year.

3. Position yourself in the locker room so that you can hear Holmes basically blaming the loss on Schotty. (Which might be a decent criticism, but he should be a team player and keep his mouth shut even after a big loss.)

4. Go talk to Rex and say something like "Hey, I know we were talking about keeping Holmes and dumping Edwards, but Braylon seems to have a real rapport with Sanchez, and I think we could keep him, Jericho and maybe pick up someone like Plax in the off season. That way we keep two receivers that Mark's been with for two years and we give him a nice big target who's cheaper than Holmes and maybe learned something while he was out of football. I think I can do it under the salary cap and it'll keep divisive angry pot-heads like Holmes off our team. Plus, we never have to look at that stupid first-down point and drop schtick that he does when he should be running back to the huddle and thinking about the next play. What do you say big guy?"

Thoughts Jets Nation? I say this would net us about 5 wins and a happier locker room.

2. Invent a time machine and go back to the end of the AFC Championship loss to the Steelers last year.

3. Position yourself in the locker room so that you can hear Holmes basically blaming the loss on Schotty. (Which might be a decent criticism, but he should be a team player and keep his mouth shut even after a big loss.)

4. Go talk to Rex and say something like "Hey, I know we were talking about keeping Holmes and dumping Edwards, but Braylon seems to have a real rapport with Sanchez, and I think we could keep him, Jericho and maybe pick up someone like Plax in the off season. That way we keep two receivers that Mark's been with for two years and we give him a nice big target who's cheaper than Holmes and maybe learned something while he was out of football. I think I can do it under the salary cap and it'll keep divisive angry pot-heads like Holmes off our team. Plus, we never have to look at that stupid first-down point and drop schtick that he does when he should be running back to the huddle and thinking about the next play. What do you say big guy?"

Thoughts Jets Nation? I say this would net us about 5 wins and a happier locker room.

moot point

Not good.

Agreed. Back to Back AFCG's in his first 2 seasons with a rookie/sh*tty Qb. I'd say he's off to a horrible start and probably isnt cut out for the job. Players seem to genuinely hate him and really dont give him their best effort.

Its probably time to clean house.

Agreed. Back to Back AFCG's in his first 2 seasons with a rookie/sh*tty Qb. I'd say he's off to a horrible start and probably isnt cut out for the job. Players seem to genuinely hate him and really dont give him their best effort.

nice

My thoughts? As long as you truck in fallacies about Cotchery and Edwards, you'll be a superstar around here.

Didn't say that.

My only point is that the type of culture that Rex Ryan perpetuates, this "Be Yourself, and say what's on your mind all the time" bullsh!+ is USUALLY not a good trait for a football team long term, especially if you have a subset of players with a history of character issues on yur roster.

A team that talks as much as the Jets talk are more apt to divide in times of adversity, especially in a city like New York, where as some have already said, the media thrives on controversy and does everything they can to help create it.

But Rex is a smart guy, and I think he is learning on the fly because there is no doubt that while he is still brash, he HAS toned things down slightly this year.

I think the OLine should pull a Code Red on Holmes in the lockerroom

why not they already seem to have been giving sanchez a code red. how about the ******* o-line protects him and opens up some ******* lanes for the running game. i'm glad hplmes called their stupid asses out. they are a bhig reason the offense has sucked so badly. **** them if they are pissed they got called out. maybe they shoudl do their ****ign jobs and they wouldn't have to worry about getting butt hurt when they get called out for sucking

Archived