***The OFFICIAL JN N.Y. Jets at Denver Broncos Game Thread***

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez needs to do better than this. Yet another embarrassing first half for him.... it's getting harder each week to believe he's the franchise QB.

It's kind of like when last Christmas, the presents from my parents and from Santa were in the same wrapping paper. I know it was probably just a coincidence, but it's incidents like this that makes it harder each year to believe in Santa Claus.

Sanchez isnt going to make it two more weeks. Fake spike? At midfield and no time left? This is awful coaching and terrible quarterbacking. Rex has to be thinking Brunell right now even though he knows he cant make that move just yet.

Never going to happen. If the Jets had any other QB on the roster worth sh*t that would be one thing, but there is absolutely zero potential benefit to starting Brunell. If McElroy hadn't gotten IRed, I could see the Jets maybe giving him a game or two after they were eliminated from playoff contention, but under the current circumstances, there's no point in making any sort of move. It's guaranteed not to accomplish anything.

Not as good as Chad used to do for us, plus Chad probably had a higher yard average, which is frightening and drop dead hilarious at the same time

Chad could run an offense. No question. Sanchez looks like he's she'll shocked... Like how David Carr got ruined

3rd string running backs. Keller sucks. Santonio cant catch. This offense has been decimated. AND SCHOTTY SUX TODAY!!! You dont play screens and dump offs with your 3rd string! PASS THE ******* BALL! We have no weapons!! Santonio / Plx <<<< Edwards/Cothery/Smith/Santonio We will win becuz Sanchez carries us. Plus he's 14-17 and will end with nice numbers. We will squeak by a winon a short week. and again Sanchez will overcome a dismal running game to win.

He has a glaring flaw. First half sux! We will win by double digits. He will have a real QB statline and this Tebow = Sanchez crap will be dead. What seems lie a crap game will bode well in his move back to the top ten where he belongs!!!

They are sitting ALL OVER those slants. We better watch it or they'll jump one and take it back.

Agreed.

Just take a shot once in awhile. Even if you don't hit it the defense has to respect it.

I reallly think Sanchez misses Braylon more than any of us could have thought.

Once again it looks like the offense was introduced at a tailgate party.

Every playcall takes for FREAKING EVER.

There is no sense of uregency at any time, certainly not in the 2 minute.

And while the Jets take almost no chances on offense, on a crtical 3rd down Schittybrearks out the dark deep depths of the playbook called a direct snap to McKnight, who probably hasn't handled a direct snp all year in practice.

This offensively is a disgrace. There is still a good chance they'll win, but Goddamn do I want Schitty canned already.

schotty's calling a sh*tty game. I blame the media, but also blame the flimpsy weapons we have, a shell of last years offense, when Sanchez went to Foxboro and put three TDs on Brady to bounce them, after beating Peyton Manning and losing to Pitt. despite a 103. rat.effort by Sanchez.

Something to read before half. This and we will be 6-4 tomorrow

• Sanchez-24-16-0
  • 4-2 postseason ( in his third year)
  • Walked into Cincy as a rookie and put a 139 qb rat. on Palmer, outplayed Rivers in SD, then put a 93 rat against Maning in Indy ...as a rookie!
  • Next year beat Peyton again in Indy, went to Foxboro, where we have been swallowed for a decade, has a 127.0 day opposite Brady, outplaying him, sprinkling 3 TDs on them, then loses in Pitt despite a 102 rating. Most QBs will not accomplish any of that. He is 24!
  • While we are on the "it" - he's 4th in comebacks right now and 5th in game wining drives.
  • In the 24 years of Jets QB service before Sanchez, between the big four of that span: (Obrien, Esiason, Testes, Penny), they have a total of 34 4th quarter comebacks and 42 game winning drives.* In 2 ½ years, Sanchez has 7 FQC and 9 GWD! To further illustrate that, Brady has 24 FQC lifetime.

• Sanchez certainly didnt hurt them in the postseason. He has a 94.3 playoff rating (60% comp). He has 9 TD to 3 INTs. He is 5th ALL-TIME in playoff passer rating.
  • Sanchez last 10 regular season games, minus that Mangold-less debacle, (where he threw for 30% comp and a 30 QB rating, certainly not indicitive and not consistent with the rest, and therefore, is only accurate to remove)look like this:
  • 61.7 comp % - 94.4 passer rat = this would have him at # 8. Luckily, though, it will wash away by year's end and he WILL be there.
  • He also has 19 TDs and 9 INTs during that time (last 11 games)

• THEY SAY HE CAN'T CARRY THE TEAM. NO? Week 1 vs. Dallas, on a night when they ran for 42 yards! Forty-two yards, he outdueled Romo with 26 of 44-335 yards and 2 TDs.
  • Next week handled Jax with 32 points, despite only 70 yards rushing.

• Completed over 70% twice this year.
  • Lost three, 20-something year old targets that were all productive, replaced with one
  • Sanchez has 9 rushing TDs (3 this year.)
  • He makes all the throws. above average arm. Anyone remember Pennington? or the Jets version of Bret Farve?
  • Smart, likable, says the right things, vocal, energetic, healthy, young, strong arm, mobile, still maturing after only one year of USC, and steadily progressing.
  • ...and that's just off the top of my head.
  • Oh, to be fair- starts games too slow and makes one dumb throw a game.
  • Again, he will be top ten by season's end and will stay there. That much I stake my sparkling reputation on. Then it will be undeniable.
  • Joe Namath had a losing record, a dismal 50% comp. rate.
  • * stats from http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog//

Archived