Sanchez was booed during introductions?

Steveg

Top 5? How about Top 10, which a Schitty offense has never been. Or how about Top 15, which it only has been once in 6 years?

Have you looked at this offensive roster and said, you know, this is really a bottom half of the NFL every year?

Schitty Led Offense:

2006 -- 25th

2007 -- 26th

2008 -- 16th

2009 -- 20th

2010 -- 11th

2011-- 24th

Yes 100%, i have.. I don't know how you could reasonably expect any better.. You know I think Chad is awful, so that takes 2006/2007 right off the books. I was excited about Favre mainly cause it ousted Chad... The talent level was very low at skill positions. 2009 Sanchez was a rookie who i didn't even want starting

The only year I thought we had a decent talent was 2010, but again, Sanchez is sooo inexperianced I absolutely would not have bet on him to make a leap

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his Y/A fell from 7.1 to 5.8 post injury, 7.1 puts him dead in the middle of that stat and Peyton Manning was 7.2..

we also had terrible receivers compared to what we have now, Coles was at the end of the line and Cotch was never that good

but wait !!!! They were top five in the NFL and Better than Green Bays when Chad was here ....How is that possible ?? Oh I get it when Favre was here they were Hurt my mistake carry on.

but wait !!!! They were top five in the NFL and Better than Green Bays when Chad was here ....How is that possible ?? Oh I get it when Favre was here they were Hurt my mistake carry on.

no coles was a good reciever, he was done in 2007 cause Chad nearly killed him about 20 times with his floaters

You don't need to "set the world on fire". You need to have an offense that wins games. 29+ points does that. Our offense was good enough to win, and we would have, had Favre not gotten hurt.

Not sure but I think I remember the first half of that year we scored a lot of defensive and special teams touchdowns along with short fields as a resut of those units.

Not sure but I think I remember the first half of that year we scored a lot of defensive and special teams touchdowns along with short fields as a resut of those units.

I'm guessing in your comparative analysis, you've also factored out short fields, defensive, and special teams turnovers from all the other teams in the league that year, as well as the Jets teams in years prior and after, under Schotty.

He was booed because he deserved it.

This is something new?

Jets fans are bad because they didnt cheer?

Didnt you guys watch the Denver or N.E. games???

Did you watch the Bills game??

Turns out the pre-emptive boos were justified.

What........they were supposed to give the little stinker a standing "O" ?

Hers a unique concept for those who think its wrong to boo little Marky.

Good players get cheers, lousy ones get booed.

He was booed because he deserved it.

This is something new?

Jets fans are bad because they didnt cheer?

Didnt you guys watch the Denver or N.E. games???

Did you watch the Bills game??

Turns out the pre-emptive boos were justified.

What........they were supposed to give the little stinker a standing "O" ?

Hers a unique concept for those who think its wrong to boo little Marky.

Good players get cheers, lousy ones get booed.

yes it is new, he got booed DURING INTRODUCTIONS because of internet message boards and talk radio making him the fall guy, and fans ignoring the horrific off season and blindly expecting 13-3

I've been to many NY sports games, and getting booed during intro's is rare, I can't even think of 1 time it happened

sure you get weak applause, timid cheers, or mostly silence and a few snarky comments

but booing ?

rare

I'm guessing in your comparative analysis, you've also factored out short fields, defensive, and special teams turnovers from all the other teams in the league that year, as well as the Jets teams in years prior and after, under Schotty.

No did my post imply that? I am just going on memory of that season. In 2008 it was largely speculated that our QB pretty much ran whatever he wanted no matter what Schotty called.

No matter what the debate or where any of us feel the probllem lies, the fact remains that barring a post season birth with a good showing by the offense, Schotty wil be gone before Sanchez.

yes it is new, he got booed DURING INTRODUCTIONS because of internet message boards and talk radio making him the fall guy, and fans ignoring the horrific off season and blindly expecting 13-3

I've been to many NY sports games, and getting booed during intro's is rare, I can't even think of 1 time it happened

sure you get weak applause, timid cheers, or mostly silence and a few snarky comments

but booing ?

rare

Not as rare as you decribe it.

As a long time Jets season ticket holder I remember Richard Todd being booed during intros on more than one occasion.

FWIW, MS validated the boos by his "post boo" performance.

No, the burden of proof is on the people who want to take the rash action of dumping our 3rd year QB like its nothing with out exploring all options first.

Rash? Not sure I agree. Last two years he put up terrible numbers and our team was still good enough to make it and lose two AFC championship games in spite of him. Now the team takes a step back and Sanchez is incapable of taking over and winning against a team with a winning record. Except Dallas whom if we played again would smoke us if you ask me. We have already wasted two championship caliber teams with this pretty boy Jag, Every player on our D is aging. We need to win NOW. Sanchez is NOT a championship QB right now. Yes he may be one day, but i would say the chances are about as good as Crusher coming down with self induced anorexia.

Rash? Not sure I agree. Last two years he put up terrible numbers and our team was still good enough to make it and lose two AFC championship games in spite of him. Now the team takes a step back and Sanchez is incapable of taking over and winning against a team with a winning record. Except Dallas whom if we played again would smoke us if you ask me. We have already wasted two championship caliber teams with this pretty boy Jag, Every player on our D is aging. We need to win NOW. Sanchez is NOT a championship QB right now. Yes he may be one day, but i would say the chances are about as good as Crusher coming down with self induced anorexia.

Well stated. Pretty boy Jag right on the money. Now stop making yourself vommit like that.

Spoiled Jets fans. So, you catch a few breaks, sign some beastly FA's, some good defensive coaching....get to two conference championship games two years in a row.....and all of a sudden expectations are through the roof! Funny, 'coulda sworn Pats fans get accused of this yearly. :winking0001:

Spoiled Jets fans. So, you catch a few breaks, sign some beastly FA's, some good defensive coaching....get to two conference championship games two years in a row.....and all of a sudden expectations are through the roof! Funny, 'coulda sworn Pats fans get accused of this yearly. :winking0001:

yeah but Rex promised!! not nice to break promises.

Farve wasn't very impressive in early 2008, but he was great during the 5 game stretch before he got hurt. That said, Schotty's offense was obviously holding him back, even with changing it a little to fit what Farve wanted. I mean, he had two years when he never threw for 300 yards in a single game; his first year in GB in 1992 and his year with Schotty & the Jets.

Not as rare as you decribe it.

As a long time Jets season ticket holder I remember Richard Todd being booed during intros on more than one occasion.

FWIW, MS validated the boos by his "post boo" performance.

todd succeeded namath, right ?

thanks for making my point for me, lol

Archived