Game Thread: New York Jets vs Washington Redskins

Maxman

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just that one play Eric-it's been happening all year-every single week we see the Jets not even TRY to convert a 3rd and long-they never even throw it past the sticks-it's either a draw or a screen for nothing

Can you honestly say that you'd really trust Sanchez in trying to convert a 3rd and 20 back in throwing out of our own end zone?

I agree. I said the same thing earlier. They don't trust Sanchez to make the right decision in those situations, because he's clearly shown that he'll throw into triple coverage on 3rd and 20...

if that's the case then bench him-what are we paying Brunnell a million dollars for? Let's see him earn some of it

Oh, I don't doubt that there was a 0.01% chance of a first down on that play barring a penalty, but there's a difference between in all likelihood not being able to pull it off, to calling a play that absolutely guarantees you won't

You understand that not getting the first down isn't the worst thing that can happen there, right?

if that's the case then bench him-what are we paying Brunnell a million dollars for? Let's see him earn some of it

Because Brunnell is somehow any better? Also, it's such a low conversion percentage to try and do something dumb and risky on 3rd and 20 for any QB. Sure, run something for Mcknight or LT because they are playmakers, but even a top QB won't convert that down and distance with regularity.

Oh, I don't doubt that there was a 0.01% chance of a first down on that play barring a penalty, but there's a difference between in all likelihood not being able to pull it off, to calling a play that absolutely guarantees you won't. It just repeats a 6-year long issue, that play-calls completely disregard the team's personnel.

They're protecting against a negative play. Like the INT we saw deep in our own territory against Buffalo. Or, like the INT we saw deep in our territory against Denver. Just to look at the last two weeks.

Archived