Norv Turner & AJ Smith to be fired at the end of the season

Sperm Edwards

I actually agree. Norv is a horrid head coach, but no one can question his offenses. Hire him.

Completely agree. There's a lot of coaches that have no right being a head coach, but they are great when it comes to being a coordinator and controlling only what's on their plate and not what is on everyone's else plate ala Wade Philips.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure told me.

Lol once a troll I guess....I'm not trying to **** with you or mock you or do whatever it is you think I'm doing...Simply put nothing in that borefest/whinefest you vomited out before had any basis in reality or fact. Why I'm bothering I don't know, since I know this will go absolutely nowhere.

Lol once a troll I guess....I'm not trying to **** with you or mock you or do whatever it is you think I'm doing...Simply put nothing in that borefest/whinefest you vomited out before had any basis in reality or fact. Why I'm bothering I don't know, since I know this will go absolutely nowhere.

Good to see you still contradict yourself regularly.

I was trying to talk about football with you. Obviously even after months of not bothering, its a lost cause. Carry on with the whole self-important obtuse nonsense that has become your signature here. Just be mindful of what kind of posts you call vomit... given the irony.

Good to see you still contradict yourself regularly.

I was trying to talk about football with you. Obviously even after months of not bothering, its a lost cause. Carry on with the whole self-important obtuse nonsense that has become your signature here. Just be mindful of what kind of posts you call vomit... given the irony.

THOSE WERE THE FACTS!

That wasn't football, it was drivel.

Norv is probably one of the top 2 or 3 offensive coordinators in the NFL. He is not an HC type however. If he just has the title OC, it is very hard to stop his offenses....would be a great addition to our coaching staff.

THOSE WERE THE FACTS!

That wasn't football, it was drivel.

Like most of what you contribute. Whatever. Mellow out pot head... Honestly I thought you were implying something stupid with your original post, I was wrong. Easy mistake to make.

Norv is probably one of the top 2 or 3 offensive coordinators in the NFL. He is not an HC type however. If he just has the title OC, it is very hard to stop his offenses....would be a great addition to our coaching staff.

Is he?

Norv ran a great offense in Dallas because he had all-world talent to work with - Aikman (Hall of Famer,) Emmitt Smith (HoFer, all-time leading rusher,) Michael Irvin (HoFer,) Jay Novacek (only a matter of time,) Darryl Johnston and maybe the best O-line ever assembled.

My sister could run a successful offense if you handed her that kind of talent.

Is he?

Norv ran a great offense in Dallas because he had all-world talent to work with - Aikman (Hall of Famer,) Emmitt Smith (HoFer, all-time leading rusher,) Michael Irvin (HoFer,) Jay Novacek (only a matter of time,) Darryl Johnston and maybe the best O-line ever assembled.

We can debate that all day. What I am saying is he is good at offense and designing the plays. Personally he would be an improvement over Shotty.

Is he?

The Chargers were #3 in scoring in 2004, #5 in 2005, and #1 in the NFL in 2006.

Turner arrived in 2007.

From some of the comments here you'd think he made a no-talent, bottom-ranked offense into an NFL powerhouse.

Guy is seriously overrated, and frankly he's a loser.

Turner arrived in 2007.

From some of the comments here you'd think he made a no-talent, bottom-ranked offense into an NFL powerhouse.

The Chargers have had a good offense ever since the light bulb turned on in Drew Brees brain. Turner also arrived in the middle of LT's prime.

Turner arrived in 2007.

Do people remember the lousy offenses he ran in Washington and Oakland? I swear this guy's got to have some serious dirt on somebody to still be coaching in this league.

Turner arrived in 2007.

One could argue that he has taken a top rated offense and totally ruined it. But why let facts cloud the issue.

Ugh...there was no implication...I'm just a Smith fan...have been for a long time.

All around garbage post from a guy who I forgot i used to think was a garbage poster. Not one single thing you just said reflects a single word or belief of mine.

Out of curiousity, why are you a Smith fan? Look at all the talent that dude has let walk out the door.

Further - anyone that fires Marty Schottenheimer because he couldnt win in the post season and hires Norv Turner - is an absolute moron and shouldnt have a job.

Turner arrived in 2007.

If Norv is the #1 available candidate, the #2 candidate is Aaron Rodgers' QB coach. You're going to run into the same chicken-or-egg résumé issue wherever you look.

If Norv is the #1 available candidate, the #2 candidate is Aaron Rodgers' QB coach. You're going to run into the same chicken-or-egg résumé issue wherever you look.

In that case, then Brian Schottenheimer made Drew Brees right before he made Philip Rivers. Then Norv Turner slowly ruined Rivers over time.

Out of curiousity, why are you a Smith fan? Look at all the talent that dude has let walk out the door.

Further - anyone that fires Marty Schottenheimer because he couldnt win in the post season and hires Norv Turner - is an absolute moron and shouldnt have a job.

Just a big fan of what he did for the Chargers of the 2000's. Those teams were absolutely loaded. Alot of things besides a championship came together for that franchise last decade.

I'm sure things will turn around when they hire Schitty away after this or next year. I'd guess next unless Sanchez actually does blow up in the last 4 games of the season and the team wins the SB or something ridiculous. #nonsense

Like most of what you contribute. Whatever. Mellow out pot head... Honestly I thought you were implying something stupid with your original post, I was wrong. Easy mistake to make.

One of these days we should take one of those famous reading comprehension classes together, ya miserable ape.

Norv looked pretty smart last night....

Jacksonville just sold their team, fired their coach and apart from MJD... has no football players.

That being said... Norv led the Chargers to do what a good team should do, embarrass the inferior team. Wish we did that more often, rather than winning in the final 2 minutes against scrubs... or losing in the final 2 minutes.

Jacksonville just sold their team, fired their coach and apart from MJD... has no football players.

That being said... Norv led the Chargers to do what a good team should do, embarrass the inferior team. Wish we did that more often, rather than winning in the final 2 minutes against scrubs... or losing in the final 2 minutes.

Jacksonville has a pretty solid defense and play well at home (beat the Ravens there on MNF). The Chargers were on a 6 game skid losing to some god awful teams.

The difference in this game - Rivers didnt turn the ball over. Shocking, I know.

The real mystery here is, how the **** did Jax get 2 MNF games? lol

I hope this thread isn't incinuating that the Jets should bring on Norv Turner. Might as well keep Shotty

Yeah but 20 years ago he made an offense with Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, the top OL of the 90's, and Troy Aikman good! THEN 14-15 years after that he got a mediocre season out of Alex Smith! What could go wrong?

Jacksonville has a pretty solid defense and play well at home (beat the Ravens there on MNF). The Chargers were on a 6 game skid losing to some god awful teams.

The difference in this game - Rivers didnt turn the ball over. Shocking, I know.

The real mystery here is, how the **** did Jax get 2 MNF games? lol

The difference in this game, Malcolm Floyd was back to take advantage of Gates and VJax getting all the defensive attention... oh, and Jax having no football players.

The difference in this game, Malcolm Floyd was back to take advantage of Gates and VJax getting all the defensive attention... oh, and Jax having no football players.

Jax has no talent...but they typically play good D at home. Rivers had his best day of the year and didnt turn the ball over. I dont think the pressence of Malcom Floyd was the reason why.

Archived