Jim Rome Interview: Aaron Maybin

JustInFudge

Anyone hear it? Dont have a transcript or anything but definitely a great interview. I'll recap the best I can. I was listening in the car.

Asked him if Rex just tells him to go in and get a sack: I wish it was that easy. Rex just told me that sacks seal games. Something something...

Asked him what was the locker room like when the team was 5-5 with SB expectations: He said thats the one thing about this team. There was no panic. Everyone believes in the player next to them and believes in the system. They had played well in spurts but just havent played consistent. The team feels like they are hitting their stride with the season coming to a close. But the lockerroom, players and coaches never got down but instead stayed positive and focused on getting back on track.

Handling the NY Media: Its totally different than playing in Buffalo. Tons of media outlets make it intense.

Comparing his success with the Jets vs. time with the Bills: Said he has no regrets about what he did in Buffalo. Gave them his heart and soul. He just wasnt put in a position to succeed. The coaching staff here believes in him and asks him to play to his strengths. Doesnt know why the coaching staff in Bufallo didnt, thats a question for them...but it wasnt from a lack of effort. Challenged Jim to find a player or coach to say he doesnt give Football everything he's got. He's too passionate about the game and pleasing the fans and the organization not to give it his heart and soul.

Asked about Penn State: Said as a father his heart goes out to the victims but being someone not too far removed and knowing players on the team, he wanted to reach out to them first and make sure they were doing ok with everything going on.

Overall, he's a very sharp articulate kid. Hope he's a Jet for awhile.

Overall, he's a very sharp articulate kid.

At this point I find it more encouraging when they're idiots. At least that way you can disregard the possibility that he strung a dozen words together and tricked Rex into giving him a job. Like Sanchez.

I got a couple chuckles out of his Carl Lewis stance yesterday... guy looks like he's shot out of a cannon, often finds himself 5-10 yards behind the QB, yet still manages to get to passer. It's almost silly.

He's the Tim Tebow of LBs.

I got a couple chuckles out of his Carl Lewis stance yesterday... guy looks like he's shot out of a cannon, often finds himself 5-10 yards behind the QB, yet still manages to get to passer. It's almost silly.

He's the Tim Tebow of LBs.

I was fascinated by that yesterday. I was hard to tell what kind of stance that was....but he is shot out of a cannon...it is crazy.

I heard the interview also and while it was good he sounds like a retard when he speaks. um is every other word and he stutters over his words, not saying he has a speech impediment but he just can't talk.

I am thrilled he is here and that he is playing well but I don't want to hear him speak anymore.

I was fascinated by that yesterday. I was hard to tell what kind of stance that was....but he is shot out of a cannon...it is crazy.

he's like one of those toy cars that you yank the serated cord through then place on the ground.. goes like a bat out of hell hitting anything in it's way.

I heard the interview also and while it was good he sounds like a retard when he speaks. um is every other word and he stutters over his words, not saying he has a speech impediment but he just can't talk.

I am thrilled he is here and that he is playing well but I don't want to hear him speak anymore.

That might not be him. You can never judge a persons intelligence based on their speech. Some people can't talk in interviews, in-front of people, etc.

Jif calls him sharp and articulate and you call him a retard... Did you both hear the same interview?

At this point I find it more encouraging when they're idiots. At least that way you can disregard the possibility that he strung a dozen words together and tricked Rex into giving him a job. Like Sanchez.

....and all this time I figured you just thought everyone was an idiot. Does this count as personal growth?

Don't know what jif heard, I know what I did.

http://www.jimrome.c...unglehighlights

WTF are you talking about? It was an interview, over the phone...not a state of the union address. He's being asked very pointed questions and he's thinking on the spot. His answers are cleary calculated.

Save a few ummm's, he's very articulate and speaks pretty well.

Archived