Flynn is in

BroadwayJ667

If you sign Flynn you are getting him to be the QB. Not the backup. You'd have to cut or restructure Sanchez and hand him the clipboard.

Which is why I think it now becomes pretty much impossible that the Jets sign Flynn. A few weeks ago I thought there was a real possibility for the Jets to sign Flynn at a decent price and put him into a competition with Sanchez, but this week probably just eliminated that. There's a lot of teams in need of QB out there, and after this week, I'm sure at least one of them will be willing to offer more, be it money, opportunity or both, than the Jets.

I know what I am saying, you sign him to a deal, at a mid level contract, if Sanchez isn't cutting it the job is Flynns

You're not getting it. Some other team will pay him starting QB money and make him the starter. If you want him you're going to have to pay him more than mid-level.

I know what I am saying, you sign him to a deal, at a mid level contract, if Sanchez isn't cutting it the job is Flynns

I think it would be great, and it's the idea I've been mentioning since I saw Flynn was going to be a FA this offseason, but I think Flynn getting the start today and having a big game hurts that possibility, as it increases the chances that he'll get some big money and a starting job somewhere. I mean let's be honest, if the likes of Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb can get handed big money and starting jobs, Flynn certainly has a decent shot to now.

I think it would be great, and it's the idea I've been mentioning since I saw Flynn was going to be a FA this offseason, but I think Flynn getting the start today and having a big game hurts that possibility, as it increases the chances that he'll get some big money and a starting job somewhere. I mean let's be honest, if the likes of Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb can get handed big money and starting jobs, Flynn certainly has a decent shot to now.

Cassel almosT stepped in for Brady and won the East. He showed slightly more than Flynn...just a tad though.

Which is why the chance of him being a Jet probably just went down the toilet. I don't see the Jets offering him a top dollar contract and promising him a starting job and without that, they're not getting him.

He is going to be franchised and traded. It won't be his decision where to go.

he will command #1 money

not sure the jets can cut sanchez, sigh him, and fix about 5 rosters spots

jets may be shopping in a low rent area with all the big deals coming due in 2013

translation

1 more year of the bimbo

He is going to be franchised and traded. It won't be his decision where to go.

Before today I would say there wouldn't be a chance in hell of that happening, but that probably just all changed, so you're probably right. Although that may depend on who else the Packers have as FAs. Obviously Flynn has no future on the team, so they'll only do that if they actually have the luxury of not worrying about losing anyone else.

The Jets are bringing in a QB. It's a given. Only question is who, and if it's competition for Pick 6 and reasonable capwise, or a complete and total replacement.

Barring a trade for Manning, I doubt there's any player the Jets will bring in that will have them send Sanchez packing. Assuming they don't spend a top pick on a QB (which I doubt they will), there's just not much out there. Flynn was the guy I've been saying for weeks now I wanted to see the Jets bring in to compete, but like I said earlier, I think this game he just played probably ruled out any chance of the Jets getting him, unless they're willing to make a big time commitment. Outside of that, while there are some guys that could be brought in to compete, none of them are overly impressive and therefore enough for them to cut Sanchez and take the risk on the off chance he gets his sh*t together. My guess is we'll be looking at a mid-round pick and some journeyman type to come in and just going with an open competition.

Manning or bust, Rex won't let go off his little chimichanga unless manning is available

Manning is definitely a real possibility at this point, especially with the Colts locking up the #1 pick. It's certainly the only thing that would get the Jets to get rid of Sanchez, but even if not, I still think they'll bring in some other options, just none that will be anything particularly impressive.

Matt Flynn is a free agent after the season. You want a QB of the future, go sign this guy. If Sanchez can't get it done through the first six weeks of next season, you have your guy.

Go get Flynn

I suggested Flynn a couple months ago. Everyone called me dumb. I think I'm just ahead of the curve.

You can't sign players to contracts simply because you as a fan want them to sign for that amount.

In a league where teams are so desperate for striking gold at QB that Matt Cassel gets a $63M contract and Kevin Kolb gets a $65M contract, Matt Flynn is not getting a mid-level one after throwing for 480 yards and 6 TD's in his most recent game.

I doubt Flynn is going to sign for less than $11-12M/year.

Can Jordy Nelson come with him?

Is McCarthey coming with Flynn?

Exactly, Is Flynn really this good or is it just great coaching/system and the fact that they have a great group of receivers that has been together for several years.

Archived