NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning

F.Chowds

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You did, when you said it read like "The Globe". The article isn't "dramatic", it's what the players think. They think he's lazy, entitled, babied, a poor leader, that he doesn't get his players lined up properly, that he doesn't get his playmakers the ball, that he's not improving at all, and that he's shown what he's capable of at this point... That's just the players, not the "source". Even the GM says "his growth isn't where it needs to be", which in GM speak is pretty scathing since you'd never hear him say, "he's a huge disappointment". I'm not sure why a new offensive coordinator would change any of those opinions. It sounds like wishful thinking.

haha you're funny. you saying I called him a hack doesn't mean I called him a hack.

anyway... here are a couple of the overly dramatic parts I'm referring to. These are NOT player quotes:

"A season torn by discord and dysfunction"

"The doubts crept in long before Sanchez stood in front of his locker on a Wednesday two weeks ago."

"The Jets already were in free-fall when he tried to brush aside the undercurrent of a season gone wrong"

It reads like the latest episode of Desperate Housewives. IMO, overly dramatic. For all we know TJ Conley could have been the one doing the bashing.

I wish that were true. I think if the hunt for Manning fails they're going to bring in a token veteran and hand the job back to Sanchez again at least for next year. But that's just a gut feeling.

Agreed. Sanchez is going to get next year. After that, according to Jason, we save 6M by cutting him in 2013, so I'd fully expect that to be the case after Sanchez in all likelihood, does little to demonstrate he can be a successful QB for this team. The OC swap was always the inevitable step one, and while I've wanted Sanchez gone for a while, I've known the reality that it's wishful thinking. Now, we're finally in position to move on from this bust... 5th overall pick, and we're still trying to hide him... Wow.

I wish that were true. I think if the hunt for Manning fails they're going to bring in a token veteran and hand the job back to Sanchez again at least for next year. But that's just a gut feeling.

Yeah, if the Manning hunt fails then they'll bring in a vet to push Sanchez.

The Jets are a collection of bad people. That's a problem. They backbite all the time. They annonymously ripped Chad, Favre and now Sanchez.

haha you're funny. you saying I called him a hack doesn't mean I called him a hack.

You said that his article reads like a supermarket tabloid. That's pretty much the definition of hack. Argue the minutia all you want...

For all we know TJ Conley could have been the one doing the bashing.

You don't even realize this is calling him a hack too... A real journalist wouldn't base the article on TJ Conley, nor would he call TJ Conley "one prominent player". And hell, even if it is TJ Conley, I don't see anything in Sanchez's play to say that Conley is wrong. But, it's not Conley.

Dismissing this article is just being a Sanchez apologist, plain and simple.

You said that his article reads like a supermarket tabloid. That's pretty much the definition of hack. Argue the minutia all you want...

I'm also saying Robert Deniro sucked in Little Fockers.. doesn't mean I think he's a crappy actor.

Manish Mehta has been the BEST Jets beat writer since he took the job over. He never has an "agenda" or tries to be sensationalistic-he calls them like he sees them and from what I've seen, heard, read and experienced myself from him changes my idea OF him as a journalist. he would never make something like this up...if you think he has, then go to Twitter and ask him yourself and he'll send you a personal message with his answer.

Yeah, if the Manning hunt fails then they'll bring in a vet to push Sanchez.

The Jets are a collection of bad people. That's a problem. They backbite all the time. They annonymously ripped Chad, Favre and now Sanchez.

This is the core problem, IMO. They bring together a bunch of me-first hoods who confirm what dirtbags they are by running "anonymously" to the press trashing their teammates. The Jets are filled with gutless punks, with a coach that is all talk. As far as Sanchez, it is hard to believe that the guy does not work hard given his history, but who knows? The whole bunch is a dysfunctional mess devoid of any leadership. ESPN has Damien Woddy on this morning, being supportive of the "anonymous" sources trashing the guy. Heck, at least McElroy put his name on his comments. They might have been inappropriate, but they were not gutless like the rest of these clowns. What a mess.

Manish Mehta has been the BEST Jets beat writer since he took the job over. He never has an "agenda" or tries to be sensationalistic-he calls them like he sees them and from what I've seen, heard, read and experienced myself from him changes my idea OF him as a journalist. he would never make something like this up...if you think he has, then go to Twitter and ask him yourself and he'll send you a personal message with his answer.

I dont think the guy made any of it up I just want to know the sources before passing judgement. If Sanchez is not working hard then his a$$ should follow Santonio right out the freaking door as far as Im concerned.

From what I have heard (which is the same thing all of you have heard BTW) was that Sanchez was a hard worker so why now all of a sudden has this become an issue ? The only reason I was giving Sanchez a pass was because of the complements he was getting from the organization and that he has the physical tools and seemed to be very clutch which is a very good quality for a groud and pound team to have in a QB since points will not be flowing in like teams that pass constantly like the saints or pats. Ground and pound teams control the clock, play lights out defense, limit turnovers, and beat teams physically to take over games in the 4th quarter they are not known for throwing 50 passes a game that being said Sanchez should not even be in the same zip code in stats as some of the other QB's in the league so all we really need him to do is limit the turnovers and play clutch in the 4th quarter in close games.

Well, Nick, which is it? Is the story false, as you say, or are there players who need to man up and put their name to it?

Huge contradiction here.

Id ask Manish the same question. This is from his chat last week:

Along with the work ethic stuff he mentioned, Shein also commented last night that McElroy has a better grasp of the playbook than Sanchez. Where can he possibly be getting that ?

by Oz in CT January 4 at 2:28 PM

Again, I didn't see the report. However, I can say with certainty that Sanchez has a great work ethic and a firm handle on the playbook.

by Manish Mehta January 4 at 2:29 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets

So last week Sanchez had a great work ethic and now this week he is Lazy?

HAhahahahahhaahhaa....You even question one of the leaders of the team

I'm not questioning him, you simpleton. He's defending a teammate, and that's great.

But, his response is 2 sentences. In the 1st, he calls the report false. In the 2nd he says that people who made those comments need to man up.

To further explain this to you, If the report is false, there would be no one for mangold to call to man up to these comments.

This is the problem with un named sources. If the article was written by Cimini, I would just discount it as BS.

Mehta has, in the past, not gone for the sensational BS article. So the article disturbs me.

Then Mangold comes out and calls it BS. Mangold doesn’t usually get involved with the locker room BS publicly. Usually only to goof on someone.

I have to assume there are locker room sources for the article. Are they Holmes and Plax? I don’t know.

Still is a very disturbing article

Id ask Manish the same question. This is from his chat last week:

Along with the work ethic stuff he mentioned, Shein also commented last night that McElroy has a better grasp of the playbook than Sanchez. Where can he possibly be getting that ?

by Oz in CT January 4 at 2:28 PM

Again, I didn't see the report. However, I can say with certainty that Sanchez has a great work ethic and a firm handle on the playbook.

by Manish Mehta January 4 at 2:29 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets

So last week Sanchez had a great work ethic and now this week he is Lazy?

The difference, and this is an important one, is he discussed his own opinion of Sanchez's work ethic. Now he's writing about some teammates opinions. There's an important difference.

Anyway, I've never personally attacked Sanchez's work ethic, because I don't have a clue. Neither do any of us. But, a lot of the other complaints about him in this article ring true too. The work ethic one is just more easily debatable.

I'm not questioning him, you simpleton. He's defending a teammate, and that's great.

But, his response is 2 sentences. In the 1st, he calls the report false. In the 2nd he says that people who made those comments need to man up.

To further explain this to you, If the report is false, there would be no one for mangold to call to man up to these comments.

Maybe Mangold wants the players who said this to step forward because they are full of sh*t ? Maybe this team has a lot more problems in the locker room than we think ? Maybe mangold wants them to step up so the team can ask them to GTFO ? who knows . Only the guys in the locker room know and I would not doubt for one second if one of the guys bitching is Santonio Holmes

What difference does it make?

It doesn't. Riley or Conley aren't important enough to complain. Hunter and Greene aren't good enough. Scott and Cro yak all the time, so who cares what they say? Burress and Holmes are ghetto thugs who're just jealous of Mark's swag. Right down the line.

The difference, and this is an important one, is he discussed his own opinion of Sanchez's work ethic. Now he's writing about some teammates opinions. There's an important difference.

Anyway, I've never personally attacked Sanchez's work ethic, because I don't have a clue. Neither do any of us. But, a lot of the other complaints about him in this article ring true too. The work ethic one is just more easily debatable.

I think a lot of it is irrefutable, the lack of progression, acting like a baby, being babied by rex.. all 100% true imo

I think it hard for him to respond that he can say with "certainty that Sanchez has a great work ethic and a firm handle on the playbook." to a poster last week in his chat and then turn around and write an article saying that he is lazy and overwhelmed by the playbook a week later.

I guess Mehta doesn't have a pulse on the team

Why in the hell would Peyton want to play with teammates like this?

Yes, why would he want to play with guys who are publicly lobbying for him to come here because he would make them an instant contender and is everything their current QB is not?

Every team in the league has guys "like this"... all it takes is a bad situation for them to start chirping.

My god. This is what you get when you draft a little cali homo model who's more worried about showing off his tan toned body in the Cali sun, you know, suns out, guns out - than he is at being a great QB.

God I hate this kid. May he never step foot on the field in Green and White again.

Archived