Haley as Passing Coordinator and Sparano the Running Co?

TNJet

So I've read that in Dallas Haley called pass plays while Tony called the runs. Is this a recipe for success? If they are any good at all why does it take 2 to execute? Thats a new one for me, the double OC, yet in 2006 I believe Romo and CO. had a pretty good offense, correct? Thoughts?

Keep telling yourself that while the organization pursues two recently fired HCs to fill the holes just made.

I will keep telling myself that and smile while doing it.

Just because they failed at head coaches means NOTHING when it comes to being Coordinators. Totally different animal.

Keep telling yourself that while the organization pursues two recently fired HCs to fill the holes just made.

Dick Lebeau was once a recently fired HC too, you know.

Being a fired HC doesn't make one an awful coordinator.

Is haley even confirmed yet? I haven't seen anything about how today went or if hes actually coming at all.

JennyVrentasJenny Vrentas

Todd Haley's interview with Jets went well today, but no commitments have been made on either side, source said. #nyj

6 minutes ago

Mort just said on ESPN that if Marty Schott gets the job in Tampa, Haley may be his OC

That sucks. I really want Haley to sign to make me feel better about the Sparano hiring. I don't hate it without Haley, but that may just be a residual from the No More Schotty Buzz!

I hope this guy signs soon.

If Haley (or a similar experienced OC who can handle QBs) isn't hired here this off-season, you can start digging the graves for this regime.

+1

Though Tom Clements now makes complete sense as the passing guy with Sparano around so I am less hung up on Haley. Maye they're waiting for the Packers to lose to the Giants or something.

+1

Though Tom Clements now makes complete sense as the passing guy with Sparano around so I am less hung up on Haley than maybe I should be.

That guy is going to get his own OC gig, IMO. No way would a guy like that risk his reputation working with Sanchez and at the mercy of a hyper-conservative OC.

That guy is going to get his own OC gig, IMO. No way would a guy like that risk his reputation working with Sanchez and at the mercy of a hyper-conservative OC.

Make him the passing game coordinator then...split the duties...Haley could/should get an OC gig out there himself.

Make him the passing game coordinator then...split the duties...Haley could/should get an OC gig out there himself.

I think the fact that Haley left the building without a deal is an absolutely horrible sign. IMO, he's the kind of guy that Tannenbaum could con into taking that job--a retread with a decent track record, but whose image needs some rehabilitation. If you're Clements, you don't leave filet mignon to work with ground chuck. It's career suicide.

I think the fact that Haley left the building without a deal is an absolutely horrible sign. IMO, he's the kind of guy that Tannenbaum could con into taking that job--a retread with a decent track record, but whose image needs some rehabilitation. If you're Clements, you don't leave filet mignon to work with ground chuck. It's career suicide.

Iunno man this is a high profile job with just as many negatives as positives. As an offensive coach you know there's going to be a good D under Ryan...you know that at worst it's only one year of Sanchez...the offense around the QB only needs some tinkering...Clements has had small success as an OC in this division...He could do worse for himself.

How many more exciting jobs are out there? This job is nothing but opportunity for anyone who gets it.

Iunno man this is a high profile job with just as many negatives as positives. As an offensive coach you know there's going to be a good D under Ryan...you know that at worst it's only one year of Sanchez...the offense around the QB only needs some tinkering...Clements has had small success as an OC in this division...He could do worse for himself.

How many more exciting jobs are out there? This job is nothing but opportunity for anyone who gets it.

I just don't know if he'd want to come here, work under Sparano and try to reanimate Sanchez's career. Seems thankless. Given the choice, he'd be better off going to Tampa or Miami where he'd get to work with Freeman or whoever Miami drafts.

I just don't know if he'd want to come here, work under Sparano and try to reanimate Sanchez's career. Seems thankless. Given the choice, he'd be better off going to Tampa or Miami where he'd get to work with Freeman or whoever Miami drafts.

Sure the weather is nice, but I don't think Freeman or even Mystery Miami QB are all that much better than Sanchez. All are pretty garbage actually...

Archived