LT on Sanchez- not lazy, pampered, needs weapons on offense, hates Santonip

Matt39

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have to put yourself in Holmes' shoes. He is one of the best receivers in the league and there's games where he has no more than two catches. I would honestly be upset too if I was Holmes.

The only thing that can cure this circus is winning. Nothing else. That is the ONLY thing that can cure this mess unless you guys want to bring Mangini back.

He could have also helped end the rift as well...being a HOF'er and all

He chose to sit back and watch.....seems like he didn't like players taking shots at him out the door in SD, now he's doing the same here

STFU already, LT

Guys who at saying he should shut his mouth or should have done something to fix the situation need to actually watch the interview. LT said it was a problem most of the season, the players held it in check in the locker room for a while but it just got too big. Watching the interview objectively will probably change your opinion.

Once it gets too big to keep under wraps, some guys spoke anonymously, and LT came out and put his name to his opinion and gave his opinion.

You guys have to put yourself in Holmes' shoes. He is one of the best receivers in the league and there's games where he has no more than two catches. I would honestly be upset too if I was Holmes.

The only thing that can cure this circus is winning. Nothing else. That is the ONLY thing that can cure this mess unless you guys want to bring Mangini back.

Over rated, probably not even in the top 10-15 wrs in the league. Take away 1 circus catch in the Super Bowl and his career is markedly different.

Guys who at saying he should shut his mouth or should have done something to fix the situation need to actually watch the interview.

Just watched it,,,,too much "them" when talking about the Jets

He must know he's not coming back, and started hammering franchise

LT knows he won't be playing with the JETS next year so he's saying what he's saying now. 1. Sanchez aint going no where 2. Santonio aint going no where because of his cap 3. How is Rex going to want to take him back after this interview? I think it is a bitch move by LT. He's letting out dirty laundry at the end of his career and he knows he's out. Hall of Famer or not, still a bitch move, somethings you just dont say or let out and he's no better then McElroy and Santonio. There are alot of things you can say about a team but you keep it in house where you could freaking work it out on the inside, not through interviews and to the media.

Are people even thinking this "get rid of Holmes" thing through?

If you're going to dump Holmes, then you might as well cut ties with Sanchez too and just start over on offense.

How the hell is it even a remotely good idea to surround Sanchez with two new starting receivers in a make or break year?

Are people even thinking this "get rid of Holmes" thing through?

If you're going to dump Holmes, then you might as well cut ties with Sanchez too and just start over on offense.

How the hell is it even a remotely good idea to surround Sanchez with two new starting receivers in a make or break year?

Honestly, I feel this, not the cap situation, is why tone will unfortunately be back. Not every rookie WR is going to explode onto the scene like A.J. Green did this year. However I would be stunned if we dont draft a young, big, WR (Jeffery, Floyd, Toon) in the early rounds of the draft. Perhaps the 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even 1st depending on which pass rushers are still available.

Totally ******* agree.

JIF is full of wrong on this one. The best thing for the Jets is for this all to get flushed out into the open. He did the franchise a favor... Rex needs to focus on his team, not his press time. He's a ******* boob.

Yes...easier to fix if it is all on Rex as well.

Holmes is nowhere near one of the best in the league except for in his own head, and that's part of the problem. There is absolutely another way to cure this mess, get this POS and anyone like him off of the team and then Rex regaining control of his team. If winning cured all, the Steelers wouldn't have been so quick to give him to the Jets for peanuts.

Pretty much said Santonio needs to go. Sanchez isnt lazy, limited talent on offense. Sanchez and Santonio hate eachother....but this is what Rex wanted as a lockerroom. Should have never switched the identity of the Jets. Rex adds pressure with proclomations.

I thought Tanny pulled the trigger for Santonio with the 5th rounder. And as for switching the identity, the Jets were losers with the previous one. C'mon, take your pick. Herm Edwards or the Mangina. Atleast we're going out in style! lol.

Too bad to hear all these stories coming out now. I think the guy it really paints in a bad light isnt Sanchez or Holmes, its Rex. This just validates everything the anti-Rex people say about how you cant be a long term successful coach using this style and its pretty clear Rex lost that locker room, no different than what happened with Herm in 2005. You knew during the year that the we are all the greatest ever schtick whenever there was a criticism made was bad and I think that needs to end, but guys are going to go after Rex in the media and I dont think its deserved yet. He has to change and allow his young guys to become leaders on and off the field, but he does have a bit of a track record. You dont do the 2 AFC title games by accident. For Tannenbaum I think he miscalculated the WR situation. I think the players resented the amount of money Holmes was paid and did not like that it helped lead to the departure of Braylon and Jerricho. In hindsight the Jets neded to keep one of those two players for the locker room.

I agree it reflects worst on Rex and hes the biggest culprit, but I disagree with you on the coaching style is the root of it.

The buggest problem is Rex being completely negligent in coaching the entire team. He completely abandoned the O to Schitty and had no idea what the game plans were or the plays called. Its poetic justice that things blew up in his face for failing to act like a real HC.

The D had to deal with having the worst starting Safety tandem in NFL and there were multiple games where Smith was burned to lose games or give up killer TDs or yardage. But we havent heard anything of the D feauding with each other. You had Cro giving up big plays, but we dont hear of the D players going afte him.

LaDainian Tomlinson on Showtime tonight: Jets locker room "is as bad as I’ve ever been around, honestly."

Yes and why is the Jets locker room "as bad as LT has ever been around"?

Rex has created this. Not Sanchez. Face it guys, you want to bash Sanchez for every ****en thing that happens. But that's just wrong. Rex is to blame along with the Front office. They have created this situation. And its up to them to fix it fast. Everyone here for the most part wants to say oh rex is the best we have blah blah....get over it people. This is the ****en NFL. Not a soap opera. Rex has created a ****en soap opera whether you like it or not that's the reality.

What is going on in the locker room starts with the head coach and if anyone played they will tell you the same thing.

This is ALL ON REX.

This is the LT I hate. The whiny little bitch who cried about everything in San Diego. Now he's on his way out and he's going to make these comments? Some leader he is. Why the **** didnt he step up during the season? He's going to say this all now when he probably will never be in that locker room again?

**** LT.

Ahh I see so LT comes out and talks the truth about that cancer Santonio and this is the LT you hate but what Santoonio did was just freakin fine ? Funny how he also said we have no talent on offense. Like ive said before and will say again the Jets have ignored the offensive skill positions for way to many years now and it needs to stop

Yes and why is the Jets locker room "as bad as LT has ever been around"?

Rex has created this. Not Sanchez. Face it guys, you want to bash Sanchez for every ****en thing that happens. But that's just wrong. Rex is to blame along with the Front office. They have created this situation. And its up to them to fix it fast. Everyone here for the most part wants to say oh rex is the best we have blah blah....get over it people. This is the ****en NFL. Not a soap opera. Rex has created a ****en soap opera whether you like it or not that's the reality.

What is going on in the locker room starts with the head coach and if anyone played they will tell you the same thing.

This is ALL ON REX.

You are correct here. This is not the first time that the Jets have had this particular problem with a WR like this (although the magnitude and transgressions are worse this time).

Keyshawn did the same thing under the "leadership" of Rich Kotite. Once Parcells came in, KJ towed the line and was thought of as more a team player.

You are correct here. This is not the first time that the Jets have had this particular problem with a WR like this (although the magnitude and transgressions are worse this time).

Keyshawn did the same thing under the "leadership" of Rich Kotite. Once Parcells came in, KJ towed the line and was thought of as more a team player.

Exactly bro!

Yes. And it was a bitch move.

What I find funny is that you will go to any length to support claims you have made about this team and its players. Whats staring you right in the face has no relevance and its obvious and ridiculous

Every single move the Jets made this offseason on every single level of the offense was Dumb beyond belief..... INCLUDING, not addressing the glaring Issues on the O-Line, signing 3 jokes at the WR positon while losing 2 solid contributors Braylon and a respected leader in Cotchery, and keeping an offensive coordinator who might very well be that coach who got NO RESPECT and lost the players long before fat a$$ Rex did.

This team has turned into a joke almost overnight and this is the kind of sh*t that happens when you have a piss poor GM and a head Coach whos worried more about being the players friend than dealing with the true issues of this team. I mean how many times did we have to look at an offense that continiously made the most findamental mistakes while never getting them corrected ?? How many 12 man in the huddle penalties, how many wrong routes run, how many inncorrect substitutions, how many times the QB waiting for the play to come in in critical situations ?

When Rex took over this team, he took over a team that still had the residual effect of discipline and character that Eric Mangini built. Its been getting worse and worse each year with personnel moves made and I can only hope something clicks in Rex's head before it gets much much worse. Is there another Parcells out there to bring this team back to respectability if Rex really has no clue and blowsthis thing up ? Whats next Randy Moss and Terrell Owens ??????

The Jets should Fire Mike Tannenbaum right now IMO and Hire Charlie Casserly to get this team back in order before it totally blows up.

Exactly bro!

Keyshawn Johnson was Drafted by Bill Parcells after Kotite was gone. He was a great player that was a very big part of the ball control offense Parcells and Weiss built. Keyshawn was traded under Al Groh while Parcells was acting GM at the request of Groh which IMO was the single most stupidest thing they ever did. It forced Chrebet to move from his comfortable Slot spot to WR and Key was never really replaced with anything. By taking Key out of the offense it disrupted the entire unit. Putting Chrebet in a position of Wide out and taking him out of the slot hurt 2 positions not just the one left vacant by Key. Chrebet was the BEST slot receiver in football but was reduced to ordinary by moving to Wide out.

Dude when you have a clown for a QB you need a receiver that can make circus catches.

your just as dilusional as JIF . I cant believe with all this sh*t coming out you cant se this goes a hell of alot further than the QB. When you play the QB position and have 2 idiots at WR a Pussy for a TE and an O-Line that cant protect you and still throw 26 TD's and run for 6 more I would say thats pretty impressive. Getting blindsided and fumbling the football happened at an alarming rate but at some point a QB has to try and make something happen and when a QB tries to take the entire offense on his back it usually results in mistakes. Trust me crush Sanchez has been nearly ruined by this coach and this organization not surrounding him with any talent to speak of on offense and by giving Brian Shottenheimer full control of his development

Ahh I see so LT comes out and talks the truth about that cancer Santonio and this is the LT you hate but what Santoonio did was just freakin fine ? Funny how he also said we have no talent on offense. Like ive said before and will say again the Jets have ignored the offensive skill positions for way to many years now and it needs to stop

He also said that there is no doubt that Santonio is an incredible player/talent. And I'm not pissed at LT for what he said about Holmes, I'm pissed at him for sh*tting all over the team on his way out. Not just Santonio, Rex, MIkey T, and then he proceeeded to take a shot at the entire offense by saying there is no talent? **** that guy, he's a little whiny bitch and I'm pissed he ever played a down on this team. He's a coward who pulled the same sh*t in San Diego. Throw everyone under the bus on your way out of town.

Sorry, zero respect for that little whiny bitch.

He also said that there is no doubt that Santonio is an incredible player/talent. And I'm not pissed at LT for what he said about Holmes, I'm pissed at him for sh*tting all over the team on his way out. Not just Santonio, Rex, MIkey T, and then he proceeeded to take a shot at the entire offense by saying there is no talent? **** that guy, he's a little whiny bitch and I'm pissed he ever played a down on this team. He's a coward who pulled the same sh*t in San Diego. Throw everyone under the bus on your way out of town.

Well, he was right about the Chargers. Rivers isnt that good. And he's the best player in Chargers history so its hard to argue.

your just as dilusional as JIF . I cant believe with all this sh*t coming out you cant se this goes a hell of alot further than the QB. When you play the QB position and have 2 idiots at WR a Pussy for a TE and an O-Line that cant protect you and still throw 26 TD's and run for 6 more I would say thats pretty impressive. Getting blindsided and fumbling the football happened at an alarming rate but at some point a QB has to try and make something happen and when a QB tries to take the entire offense on his back it usually results in mistakes. Trust me crush Sanchez has been nearly ruined by this coach and this organization not surrounding him with any talent to speak of on offense and by giving Brian Shottenheimer full control of his development

I trust you. I was high on the kid after the first year and cautiously optimistic after the second. I understand the entire team digressed but at the same time he did nothing this year to make me feel like he is going to get better. Maybe the coaches ruined him? Maybe he was mask by a very good team last couple year and never really that good? Nonetheless I do not think he is ever going to be an elite franchise QB and we have seen his best. Say what you will but most of his TD passes and completions came on wide open plays designed by the horrible OC. When coverage was tight due to his terrible recievers inability to get seperation his accuracy sucked dog balls.

I don' know Smash. I just don't feel it's possible to surround him with enough talent and good enough coaches to make him a franchise caliber championship QB. I might be wrong but i think in the end you are gonna just end up blaming the Jets for ruining him after they bench him following game 6 of next season and then finally cut him after the season.

You mean little respect for the truth ?>

I've never seen a Jets team as fractured as this team is right now, and there's a lot of blame to go around. I see 5 parts of what is supposed to be a whole entity.

1-Woody Johnson

2-Mike Tannenbaum

3-Rex Ryan

4-Schottenheimer and now Sparano

5-Mike Westhoff

it seems that all 5 of these cracked parts operate independently when they are all supposed to be working as one...as I've said I've never seen a Jets team in disarray like I see the New York Jets going into Rex Ryan's 4th year of "leadership". I think if things don't get turned around, and fast that this could very well be Rex's and SHOULD be Tannenbaum's last year here.

I know some have said I've gone off the deep end and that I should come in off the ledge (hi Jon E) but my record here on the boards speaks for itself. I love the Jets and always support them. I just am very concerned with what I am seeing going on-and none of it is good. NOTHING good has happened-even the Schottenheimer firing has me baffled. Why hire Tony Sparano? It's like they didn't even put any thought into it-just like everything else that has happened with the offense since Rex was hired. Look at the one major signing that Rex told Tannenbaum to make: Santonio Holmes...the other is the courtship of Mark Sanchez and his being Rex's guy...

I think we need a head coach who will be the leader of all three phases of the game AND has a bigger interest in what players are drafted and signed-it can't be only cornerbacks that the GM concentrates on like the past 2 summers

What I find funny is that you will go to any length to support claims you have made about this team and its players. Whats staring you right in the face has no relevance and its obvious and ridiculous

Sorry, I dont compute. This doesnt make any sense to me.

Every single move the Jets made this offseason on every single level of the offense was Dumb beyond belief..... INCLUDING, not addressing the glaring Issues on the O-Line, signing 3 jokes at the WR positon while losing 2 solid contributors Braylon and a respected leader in Cotchery, and keeping an offensive coordinator who might very well be that coach who got NO RESPECT and lost the players long before fat a$$ Rex did.

They F'ed up the OL - they should have signed someone after Turner went down the for year. I dont think anyone saw Hunter sucking like he did. He was outstanding in Woody's absence last year but they should have signed some depth. I have no problem with every thing else they did.

This team has turned into a joke almost overnight and this is the kind of sh*t that happens when you have a piss poor GM and a head Coach whos worried more about being the players friend than dealing with the true issues of this team. I mean how many times did we have to look at an offense that continiously made the most findamental mistakes while never getting them corrected ?? How many 12 man in the huddle penalties, how many wrong routes run, how many inncorrect substitutions, how many times the QB waiting for the play to come in in critical situations ?

Lots and they made a coaching change because of it.

When Rex took over this team, he took over a team that still had the residual effect of discipline and character that Eric Mangini built. Its been getting worse and worse each year with personnel moves made and I can only hope something clicks in Rex's head before it gets much much worse. Is there another Parcells out there to bring this team back to respectability if Rex really has no clue and blowsthis thing up ? Whats next Randy Moss and Terrell Owens ??????

OMG - you want Mangini back? Rex is fine. He had a .500 season because his QB threw games away like a moron. Hard to win when you QB has 9 turnovers in 3 games when you're trying to secure a playoff spot. Rex is a damn good coach and has very competitive team despite having horrific play at the most important position. For as sh*tty as an offseason and as sh*tty of a coach you make him out to be, this team had a shot at the division and a controlled their own destiny for the playoffs. Sorry, bad teams dont put themselves in that position.

The Jets should Fire Mike Tannenbaum right now IMO and Hire Charlie Casserly to get this team back in order before it totally blows up.

They should hire you. You have the greatest Football mind ever!

Archived