Justin Tuck's Facemask

Maxman

A bit of a strange question but does anyone know how to buy a facemask like Tuck wears?

07.1s066.giants1--300x300.jpg

My son wants one for high school football and was told he can wear it but says he can't find anyone that sells it. Does anyone know where to get it online?

Thanks.

A bit of a strange question but does anyone know how to buy a facemask like Tuck wears?

My son wants one for high school football and was told he can wear it but says he can't find anyone that sells it. Does anyone know where to get it online?

Thanks.

He was actually asked this in an interview. He said it was custom-made, I believe.

I don't see a reason for any high school or college player to be wearing this, such limited visibility it seems. The only reason he's wearing it is to protect his injured neck from getting ringed all the time. If he didn't have the injury he wouldn't be wearing it. But it is high school and looks are important lol, so you're right, they probably will start making them.

I don't see a reason for any high school or college player to be wearing this, such limited visibility it seems. The only reason he's wearing it is to protect his injured neck from getting ringed all the time. If he didn't have the injury he wouldn't be wearing it. But it is high school and looks are important lol, so you're right, they probably will start making them.

Have you played organized ball? Its not an issue. As a lineman, it provides much needed protection in the trenches and doesn't really adversely affect your play.

My son plays the line, so the visibility isn't as much of an issue. But they will probably make even a modified version. Think about it, facemasks are bought by the team, so they are pretty standard. When you go to sporting good stores they have gloves for every position. Now they are kind enough to combine OL and DL into on pair of gloves, lol. But if they come out with a face mask that the kids want, the schools are going to start buying them...

I am going to email the company as per Joe's link above...

Have you played organized ball? Its not an issue. As a lineman, it provides much needed protection in the trenches and doesn't really adversely affect your play.

Agreed for lineman I think it would be fine. My son said if someone puts his hand on my face and I am wearing that, he is going to break his finger. Seems like good incentive to avoid hands to the face!

High school and college, albeit as a wr/cb in high school and WR/S in college, so my opinion might not be worth as much as a lineman's. However, there's clearly a reason tuck has only chosen to use it as a last resort and why there's only two players in the entire national football league using it.

Agreed for lineman I think it would be fine. My son said if someone puts his hand on my face and I am wearing that, he is going to break his finger. Seems like good incentive to avoid hands to the face!

From pop to college... all the coaches teach "a man puts his fingers on your mask... you grab his wrist and shake your head left to right and watch all his fingers break". So a little space is good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Maxman,

I was just looking for these too, and I found them at http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com. The site says they're backordered, but I called the company and they told me they're getting a shipment in on Monday (2/5/12) so I should get mine by Wednesday or Thursday. If you're still looking, they have them to fit on the Schutt Ion 4D and DNA Pro +. Hope that helps!

Funny, I remember in High School Deion was like the first guy to come out wearing this face-mask and running to the sports store to get it special ordered. At the time I was literally the coolest kid on the field. What? I was. :)

64774.jpg

Dickerson was the first to popularize that mask.

Thanks.

Too funny. Baby Crusher and I have been looking for it everywhere. If you find it we need it in white.

My son wants one cause He's sixteen and thinks it's cool. Vision isn;t an issue for Baby Crusher we have taught him to play by sense of smell.

Too funny. Baby Crusher and I have been looking for it everywhere. If you find it we need it in white.

Go back and check page one...a few posters put out links. Really think this will be the normal facemask for lineman pretty soon.

Go back and check page one...a few posters put out links. Really think this will be the normal facemask for lineman pretty soon.

Cool./ He actually brought his Algebra grade from a C to a B+ so I promised the tard I would find him one. Problem is he has a Revo Speed Heltmet and Im pretty sure the mask is made by Schutt.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived