Revis And Mangold Talk To The Media At The Pro Bowl

b&bjetsfan

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/10571/revis-lets-stop-destroying-ourselves

Darrelle Revis, in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl, said the Jets' locker-room issues will be resolved once the team gets back to work for off-season training. Revis, who refused to speak with reporters the day after the season ended, intimated that the turmoil hurt the team.

"We'll start with OTAs, everybody getting back in the building, happy to see everybody and let's get back to work," Revis told ESPN at an AFC practice, commenting for the first time on the discord. "Let's get to not destroying ourselves, let's try to destroy the other teams by game planning and doing what we need to do."

Nick Mangold, speaking to ESPN at the same AFC practice, gave embattled QB Mark Sanchez a vote of confidence, calling the Peyton Manning speculation "one big, crazy idea."

Asked if the team would be receptive to acquiring Manning, Mangold said: "You can say that about ... What if Tom Brady came out? What if Dan Marino in his prime came out? I think everybody would want them. But Mark's my guy. He's the guy I'm going to battle with."

Darrelle Revis says the Jets’ toughest opponent is the Jets.

After enduring a season ultimately destroyed by locker room turmoil, the cornerback said yesterday the team needs to start over with its animosity focused outward.

“Let’s get to not destroying ourselves, let’s try to destroy other teams by game planning and doing what we need to do,” Revis told ESPN at the Pro Bowl.

Speaking after AFC practice in Hawaii, Revis said the Jets and coach Rex Ryan didn’t react quickly enough to the us-against-us mentality.

“There was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, that I think if we had addressed it [at] the time being, then everything would have been cool, we could have moved on,” Revis told NFL Network. “But obviously we didn’t and the season kind of spiraled late.”

After the season we talked, and basically he didn’t know a lot of things that were going on behind the scenes,” Revis said of Ryan. “There was just so much stuff, and I’m not going to get into it because some of the stuff is really deep.

“He didn’t know a lot of the things, and he wanted people to say things to him, but obviously it didn’t come out. It came out on the field and so forth.”

Revis said the team needs to address that strife the first time it meets to prepare for 2012.

“When we come in there for OTAs, have a player meeting,” Revis told NFLN. “The leaders need to step up, talk to everybody in the building, and just say, ‘Hey, man, look. This is our goal this year, this is what we need to accomplish, let’s not get into the bickering or the frustration because it brings a team down.’

“We failed, we failed. I mean, we were here, expectations were high, and then it just trickled down to us not making the playoffs.”

Revis said he remains confident in quarterback Mark Sanchez, despite clashes with receiver Santonio Holmes and unnamed players reportedly questioning his work habits.

“We have a lot of confidence in him, ‘’ Revis said. “We just need to get the right guys around him and just build around the guy.”

who came up with this crazy concept ?

Someone hanging around with the AFC and NFC pro bowl rosters who thinks that all we need to do is add players like these and Sanchez will be serviceable.

Ask the Cardinals if having 2 star receivers automatically means their highly-drafted USC QB will be any good.

Someone hanging around with the AFC and NFC pro bowl rosters who thinks that all we need to do is add players like these and Sanchez will be serviceable.

Ask the Cardinals if having 2 star receivers automatically means their highly-drafted USC QB will be any good.

Dont need to I never thought Leinart would amount to much anyway and he didnt. He might have had a chance if he had his head screwed on straight from the beginning but I get the feeling he thought everything was going to just come to him rather than work for it.

Ask yourself why Kurt Warner Struggled with other teams after the Rams and came back to greatness once he got to play with that talented bunch in Arizona

Dont need to I never thought Leinart would amount to much anyway and he didnt. He might have had a chance if he had his head screwed on straight from the beginning but I get the feeling he thought everything was going to just come to him rather than work for it.

Ask yourself why Kurt Warner Struggled with other teams after the Rams and came back to greatness once he got to play with that talented bunch in Arizona

He was injured. Giants also averaged 5 ppg more with him than with Collins the prior season. He also had the lowest int %age in the league and the previously 4-12 Giants were 5-4 when he was benched for Eli. That, and Rowen wasn't half the OC that Dumbenheimer is.

brooklyn is right

we need to fire Ryan and everybody and start all over.... after all, the Jets finished 8-8 in second place after two seasons under Ryan in which they won 4 postseason games and went to two AFC Championship games....

8-8 for God Sakes --- NO Jet team has ever had a record as BAD as that --- Fire Him Now

Politically correct answer. What's he going to say, "Kid is a pansy but with the right guys around him we can still underachieve?"

Yup. Seriously. Weeks later, and the best player on the team comes out with nothing more than, "we're confident in our QB".

Just once I'd like to hear someone on the Jets give something specific that they believe Sanchez does well. I'd at least have to think about that.

Yup. Seriously. Weeks later, and the best player on the team comes out with nothing more than, "we're confident in our QB".

Just once I'd like to hear someone on the Jets give something specific that they believe Sanchez does well. I'd at least have to think about that.

look good shirtless in white pants?

Just a guess....the beginning of this fall out came after the Pittsburgh game last year where Revis was openly frustrated that guys didn't care that they got their butts kicked in the title game, which I'd assume was never addressed by Rex and company.

you want to be up there with the big boys on offense ? You have to add talent like they do. It amazes me Jet fans think the Jets offense actully has talent at the skill positions. Then when we dont play consistently it all gets dumped on the QB.

what we are is a JAG offense letting a young QB waste away. Even when some of the players admit the offense lacks talent thats still not good enough its still Sanchez fault.

if we can get better than borderline imbeciles at WR maybe Sanchez can be a hell of a lot more serviceable maybe he can be damn good and not feel like he has to do it all himself which I think is the case and one of the main reasons hes making mistakes. hes pushing too hard to make plays which usually leads to turnovers.

Archived