NFL Combine at Indy

sg3

if he's been on a lose-weight-fast program it will have sapped his strength and possibly his speed. in other words he still has to run to be that early 1st, just weighing in, isn't enough.

especially when he's got the exact same height/weight as Sanu and Randle.

Hey Bit,

What happened to Levy Adock? Why he get snubbed? Are you still thinking he may get picked in the second?

Thanks in advance.

thanks for the updates, bit

is Draftdaddy live in Indy?

the only trip i go to is Mobile. If I were to expand it would be to E/W Shrine or NFLPA type games.

the scouting combine is basically media sitting in a media area watching on TV. they don't get to watch the workouts live. the medical reports are actually the most important part and those obviously aren't in public either. They have been talking about letting fans in and making more of a show... but overall it's all second hand info and we all have the best seat in the house on NFLN.

that being said I spent most of the day watching Wales/England 6 nations rugby. Cause that's an actual sporting event and the combine is not.

Adcock's stock took a nose dive after he missed the senior bowl. hes looking more like a 7th than a 2nd at this point.

Thought he pulled out of senior bowl due to injury...i'd still like the Jets to draft on the third day...could play RT or G...you still think he could be a player?

Thought he pulled out of senior bowl due to injury...i'd still like the Jets to draft on the third day...could play RT or G...you still think he could be a player?

knee injury might linger.

ya know who is a good sleeper RT? Brandon Mosely, Auburn. Also missed Senior Bowl but Had a great workout today.

Any news on Sanu? A ton of talk about big fast WRs, why not Sanu? Britt has been pretty good on the field.

Assmop is an old hacker from Burlington Vermont that talks sh*t, knows nothing, and has an erectile dysfunction problem.

He and Tom Shane enjoy each others company

Somebody actually enjoys Tom Shane's company? I call bullsh*t!

BTW wha'ts Nick Perry's height? He's 274 and ran a 4.64...one of the more productive pass rushers in this draft too...workout numbers matching the hype...what's not to like?

6"3" 271 That's over 20# heavier then his program weight. This guy seems to have had an excellent combine.

10 yard split at 1.57. IMO that's an important # for a pass rusher

10'4" broad jump

I've suddenly become interested

he's a plugger but undersized for the 3-4.

Mentally I don't see him anywhere near undersized, and physically he's as strong as anyone in this draft IMO. Martin has been terrific at getting leverage for as long as I can remember him in college. He's been the pride and joy of Michigan fans over this recent period of embarrassment they've been going through...I think he's a Broderick Bunkley type as far as his game goes...short but enormously powerful/stout when he's on...I think his motor and the fact that he won't fly into the first makes him more likable than Bunkley as a prospect.

That said, every year I fall for some undersized DT prospect who plays with leverage and toughness that makes me think "undersized NT here we come." Colby Whitlock...Adrian Something from Louisville I liked...Martin this year...

Mentally I don't see him anywhere near undersized,

he's 6'1" 304 those aren't ideal 3-4 NT (or 5 tech) numbers. Could he play in the system? Yes... but it would be a drastically different scouting report for a 3-4 team. the limitation would arm length. He's better as a gap shooter than a gap clogger. Kelly Gregg (undrafted) or Kyle Williams might be a good comparison. I like the Bunkley comparison as well (also not a 3-4 player). Basically you want to get Martin 1 on 1 where he can beat a guard or a center.

meanwhile look at who they took last year: Mo wilkerson and kenrick Ellis - tons of size. I don't think the Jets FO would value a Mike Martin.

post combine Jets mock

1 - Fletcher Cox DL Miss St.

2 - Harrison Smith S Notre Dame

3 - Mychal Kendricks, LB Cal

4 - Danny Coal, WR Va Tech

5 - Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

5*- Amini Silatolu, OT Midwestern State

6 - Coty Sensabaugh, DB Clemson

6*- Mitchell Schwartz, OT, Cal

7 - Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin

7*- Shea McClellin OLB Boise St

post combine Jets mock

thank gawd U aint selecting, another white safety LOL, and we are in capable hands of our GM......oh wait

post combine Jets mock

Would be awesome if McClellin and Schwartz slipped that far but I think McClellin's a round 2-4 guy and Schwartz a 3-5 guy. Kendricks is a little short but I kind of like him, haven't made up my mind yet. First two rounds are rock solid.

post combine Jets mock

I'm a ND fan and I want nothing to do with Smith, he's also not worth a 2nd round pick and do we really want another white safety named Smith? Toon, McClellin and Schwartz will be gone by the 4th round. I also don't want Coale that early if at all, he's a late round pick even with everyone hoping they get the next Welker.

Would be awesome if McClellin and Schwartz slipped that far but I think McClellin's a round 2-4 guy and Schwartz a 3-5 guy. Kendricks is a little short but I kind of like him, haven't made up my mind yet. First two rounds are rock solid.

After reading a bit more on McClellin, you're exactly right....he'll go earlier 3rd round sounds about right

Schwartz I think I'm right there with him....but we'll see

I drafted Cox to make Bitonti happy...lol

Archived