The Tim Tebow Trade is a horrible move. Here's why.

villain_the_foe

Cromartie was completely right about the Jets not needing Tebow.

Why did we extend Sanchez, why are we paying Sanchez that type of money simply to sit him a few plays in order to give Tebow some packaged plays?

I like Sanchez, but I've also been one of the first people to say that Sanchez needs to have competition for the starting job. Tebow just does not fit the bill for that competition. Tebow cannot throw the football with consistent accuracy and this was something that many Jet fans got on Sanchez about, yet Sanchez is MUCH better at it than Tebow as well as other mechanics a QB should possess.

WTF was the point of getting this guy then? He's only going to take away snaps from Sanchez WITHOUT actually competing for the Job. This isnt Tebow's job to win, its Sanchez job to lose. Thats always been the reason why we said to get a QB who can compete. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. We didnt get a value QB, we got a one dimensional QB who's going to create a stir with Jet fans as soon as Sanchez throws a Pick 6.

I've said this before and I said it again, no matter what anyone says about Sanchez, one thing that cannot be denied is that the New York Jets does not know how to develop a QB.

Jason Campbell should have been the QB signed a week ago. Instead he's picked up by this bears. This is f'ing pathetic and im getting tired of these stupid moves. The risk here completely outweighs the reward, on top of the fact that 5 million has to be paid back to Denver for some type of bonus money reason.

Smith and Kurley took away snaps from Sanchez....did the sky fall?

Those guys didnt come with hype or followers, both knew their role and knew they had no chance to become a starting QB. Everything about Tebow is the opposite. Also the jets didn't trade 2 picks plus 5mill for those guys.

Please explain the risk. Thanks,

The risk is having a QB who isnt a QB which I believe is true with Tebow. He's not a QB. Another risk is having the fans persuade the organization to put in Tebow if Sanchez struggles. This isnt how you deal with your QB situation. Another risk is that outside of packaged plays there's no value that tebow brings to the team. So thats a waste of a 4th and 6th round pick.

I was joking when I said it earlier, but maybe it's true...

When our OL failed this year, Sanchez was an incomplete or sack 90% of the time. Tebow's 'heroics' came out of similar scrambles, no? If our crappy OL was better than last years' Bronco OL, mabye the FO thinks that with Tebow a greater percentage of broken plays will execute?

I guess everyone forgot what Tebow did to the Jets' stout defense last season.

No he didnt, the Jets defense shut Tebow down for the entire game. One play a LB as well as Smith takes the wrong angle and all of a sudden "tebow did it to the jets". The Jets completely shut that offense down. The problem was our offense couldnt score points and take advantage.

They're two completely different position players. So long as there is distinct focus on the Sanchez maturation process - I will be able to see this as a good option to pick up additional yards and points - after I'm over being embarrassed about it.

Smith and Kurley took away snaps from Sanchez....did the sky fall?

No, because Kerley and Smith played other roles on this team like Punt returner, WR etc. Tebow was acquired for draft picks. They're going to have to provide playing time for him and its going to be more than the 1 or 2 Wildcat plays every couple of games like Smith and Kerley did.

Not the same situation here.

No he didnt, the Jets defense shut Tebow down for the entire game. One play a LB as well as Smith takes the wrong angle and all of a sudden "tebow did it to the jets". The Jets completely shut that offense down. The problem was our offense couldnt score points and take advantage.

But tebow has a high 4th qtr qb rating!!

The risk is having a QB who isnt a QB which I believe is true with Tebow. He's not a QB. Another risk is having the fans persuade the organization to put in Tebow if Sanchez struggles. This isnt how you deal with your QB situation. Another risk is that outside of packaged plays there's no value that tebow brings to the team. So thats a waste of a 4th and 6th round pick.

How's that a risk? He isn't coming in to be our new QB. Fans calling for Tebow, okay thats a risk I'll give you that. Those packaged plays are going to be good when we need TDs or a big play.

He engineered a game winning drive. It wasn't just "one play"

How's that a risk? He isn't coming in to be our new QB. Fans calling for Tebow, okay thats a risk I'll give you that. Those packaged plays are going to be good when we need TDs or a big play.

Its a risk because it serves nothing we actually need. This isnt Miami. It undermines Sanchez without actually getting someone who can produce if Sanchez in fact doesnt work out. This is nothing more than Tebowsanity, and I can present other risk in detail but it wont matter because one can say "How is that a risk".

Cool. Tebow isnt a QB and he's terrible. I dont want him.

Tebow isnt a QB and he's terrible. I dont want him.

it's like signing a better version of Brad Smith. Maybe that will help you come to grips with why it's a _GOOD_ move.

I also think it lights a fire under Sanchez, there's no other use of a 4th rd pick that does that.

Not a single one of those are a risk.

he's harder to tackle and a better thrower.

He is just bigger. Smith was not small, but he could also break a play and take it to the house. A lot of Tebows yardage comes when the defense is spread out and he cannot find a receiver. I think lineman and LBs will make short work of him. And by the way, are you sure he is a better thrower? The real question is: why do we need Tebow?

He engineered a game winning drive. It wasn't just "one play"

He not only engineered the 95 yard game winning drive,but he took a 1-5 Denver team to the playoffs and a first round win against Pitt. I dont know how he does it but he does win. He was well worth a 4th round daft pick if they don't owe Denver 5 mil.

He produced when it mattered against the Jet defense. I'm not saying he's an amazing QB, I realize he's a lot worse than Sanchez in that regard. But what we're trading for on the field is a player to run the wildcat, confuse defenses, score in the Redzone, and help our running game. That's why we're trading for Tebow (obviously ticket sales and headlines play a part in it). Not because he's a QB.

If people are frustrated with Mark Sanchez throwing the ball, it will be NOTHING compared to how they react to Tebow's first 7 for 14, 84 yard game, especially if the Jets lose.

What I don't get is why the Jets create controversy around their own so-called franchise QB. You go out of your way to say you're still behind Mark Sanchez, you give him a contract extension to make it look good, and then you go out and (try to) trade for a guy who (certain) people will be screaming to have the starting job after Sanchez throws his first incomplete pass. It'll be a season long theme/quarterback controversy that just doesn't need to be there. It could start as early as the preseason, if Sanchez has a lousy first half and Tebow lights up some second string defense in the 3rd & 4th quarters.

I mean, whatever you think about Sanchez and/or Tebow, why do the Jets bring this kind of adversity on themselves? I mean, every football franchise makes questionable moves, but really, they have NO idea what they're doing now?

He not only engineered the 95 yard game winning drive,but he took a 1-5 Denver team to the playoffs and a first round win against Pitt. I dont know how he does it but he does win. He was well worth a 4th round daft pick if they don't owe Denver 5 mil.

Exactly I really don't understand why people are saying Tebow is so bad. Also, am I the only who wonders why 5 million dollars is stopping the trade from happening? If it's not affecting the cap whats the hold up?

cause whether you think Brad Smith is better or not, he's gone. They never replaced that production. This also lights a fire under Sanchez. It's a win win.

I hope you are right. I don't think Sanchez can have a fire lit under him. I think he will mope when things look bad.

Archived