Incarcerated Bob Interview

Maxman

Gotcha. Well, I'm ok with a team that is a consistent playoff contender. You gotta be in it to win it. Get hot at the right time like the last 2 SB winners and you never know.

I don't think it's that simple. The Giants not only got hot, they got healthy at the right time and QB play trumps all based on how the league is constructed. Fact is, the Jets playing at their best is not close to the Giants playing at their best right now. At least on offense, and offense > defense now.

I don't think it's that simple. The Giants not only got hot, they got healthy at the right time and QB play trumps all based on how the league is constructed. Fact is, the Jets playing at their best is not close to the Giants playing at their best right now. At least on offense, and offense > defense now.

I dont want high jack this interview thread...but I just disagree. The Jets have shown you first hand what a defense can do in the post season. Not saying this isnt an offensive league but I think you're disrespecting what they've been able to do.

I dont want high jack this interview thread...but I just disagree. The Jets have shown you first hand what a defense can do in the post season. Not saying this isnt an offensive league but I think you're disrespecting what they've been able to do.

You see, and I agree we've seen what defense can do in the post season. Problem is, no defense is perfect, and the Jets, like any other will slip at times. The Jets, just like the Ravens and the 49ers last year, couldn't overcome other mistakes. The other teams are good too, and will make plays. At present, we haven't been close to good enough to overcome a lack of perfection on D and ST, and the constant 3-and-outs actually make the D and ST worse.

Sanchez has whined to FO about Tebow and is crying as we speak, got my popcorn ready

No offense, but if someone is leaking that Sanchez is "whining" about Tebow - how does that help them "shop" him for a third round pick or better?

Meh. I get what you're saying overall as a general rule, but the Giants are not really that good of a football team at all. They have nothing but blind luck to thank for the fact that they were in the playoffs to begin with and horrid officiating and muffed punts for the fact that they played in the Super Bowl. While I agree it's QB play that reigns supreme, and the Jets (or any team lacking an answer at QB) are far less likely to pull it off come playoff time than a team who has an answer there, this past year is probably the worst possible example of that. I've never seen a Super Bowl between two less deserving teams in my entire life. Both teams should have been sitting at home based on the way they played two weeks earlier, and the winning QBs were plain awful.

All of that said, the Jets shouldn't bet on being able to win it all despite sh*tty QB play just because it manages to happen once a decade or so in the NFL.

Meh. I get what you're saying overall as a general rule, but the Giants are not really that good of a football team at all. They have nothing but blind luck to thank for the fact that they were in the playoffs to begin with and horrid officiating and muffed punts for the fact that they played in the Super Bowl. While I agree it's QB play that reigns supreme, and the Jets (or any team lacking an answer at QB) are far less likely to pull it off come playoff time than a team who has an answer there, this past year is probably the worst possible example of that. I've never seen a Super Bowl between two less deserving teams in my entire life. Both teams should have been sitting at home based on the way they played two weeks earlier, and the winning QBs were plain awful.

All of that said, the Jets shouldn't bet on being able to win it all despite sh*tty QB play just because it manages to happen once a decade or so in the NFL.

See, the irony is, I think think last year was a great example of it. The better teams may not have won, but the better QBs overcame the other sh*t and won the game. It's hard to beat 3 playoff teams without much of a QB. It just seems to keep happening, even if the teams are 'deserving' or not.

Did a year of jail time and sounds like an a$$hole. He's probably an a$$hole.

Before we question him, we should make sure we have explored everything that the local police department may have done wrong. Due diligence, lol.

See, the irony is, I think think last year was a great example of it. The better teams may not have won, but the better QBs overcame the other sh*t and won the game. It's hard to beat 3 playoff teams without much of a QB. It just seems to keep happening, even if the teams are 'deserving' or not.

I guess I just disagree with the premise those QBs overcame anything, regardless of if their teams won. Tom Brady was the #1 reason the Pats should have lost to the Ravens, he was absolutely awful, and the Giants wouldn't have stood a chance if not for two muffed punts and the Giants being handed the ball back after they fumbled the game away. Eli and his offense didn't do a damn thing the entire game outside of those 3 drives. Let's put it this way, if the Jets were in either of their places, and Sanchez had the exact same game as either of their QBs, but they didn't have the game gift-wrapped to them at the end like those two teams did and instead lost, Sanchez would be getting absolutely torn apart for his performance (and rightfully so). When you consider how the postseason went for the likes of Rodgers and Brees, I'd say this past year was more the exception than the rule.

At least in Brady's case you can argue that his regular season play helped get them where they were to begin with, given it got them the #1 seed and the bye. As far as the Giants go, champions or not, if they don't improve from where they were last season they probably won't even make the playoffs. Like I said, none of this is to say that you should have any expectations to do anything in the postseason with crappy QB play, because it's not very likely to happen. It is certainly the Jets #1 issue right now, particularly considering last season's second worst QB is now backed up by last season's worst.

If he makes a living off of this, good for him.

This.

He's a jabbering idiot... but its the mindless sheep that wait on his every word, even if all they do is criticize him, that empower his idiocy into fame and ultimately fortune.

Not so much those QBs overcame, but their opponents QB's couldn't.

That's a fair point, although much more so in the case of Smith than of Flacco, who essentially threw the game-winning touchdown. Of course, had that happened, Brady's horrendous play would have been the #1 reason on everyone's list that the Pats lost, so it still comes back to the QBs. I guess my point more than anything is the Jets certainly need much improved QB play if they want to get anywhere, and having a goal of last year's championship game performances likely won't do the trick in most years, unless the opposing QB just so happens to be even more awful. And seeing as how the one worse QB than the Jets starting QB is now a Jet too, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

one point he made that I agree with is that his record is better than Florios or Cimini's or whoever. Alot of reporters say alot of crap but they don't all get called out on it like Bob does.

Cimini once said that Jerricho Cotchery wouldn't be a household name.

I guess I just disagree with the premise those QBs overcame anything, regardless of if their teams won. Tom Brady was the #1 reason the Pats should have lost to the Ravens, he was absolutely awful, and the Giants wouldn't have stood a chance if not for two muffed punts and the Giants being handed the ball back after they fumbled the game away. Eli and his offense didn't do a damn thing the entire game outside of those 3 drives. Let's put it this way, if the Jets were in either of their places, and Sanchez had the exact same game as either of their QBs, but they didn't have the game gift-wrapped to them at the end like those two teams did and instead lost, Sanchez would be getting absolutely torn apart for his performance (and rightfully so). When you consider how the postseason went for the likes of Rodgers and Brees, I'd say this past year was more the exception than the rule.

At least in Brady's case you can argue that his regular season play helped get them where they were to begin with, given it got them the #1 seed and the bye. As far as the Giants go, champions or not, if they don't improve from where they were last season they probably won't even make the playoffs. Like I said, none of this is to say that you should have any expectations to do anything in the postseason with crappy QB play, because it's not very likely to happen. It is certainly the Jets #1 issue right now, particularly considering last season's second worst QB is now backed up by last season's worst.

You guys keep pin pointing the QB's weather things go good or bad and you never point at the defenses. The reason why Brady played bad in some playoff games and even guys like Manning have had a lot of bad playoff games is because they usually run into solid defenses in the playoffs. The reason why the Giants won both SB's was because their defense was able to step up and shut down the best QB in the NFL 2 times. The only QB's in this years playoff run that played consistently good and made few mistakes was Eli Manning and Alex Smith . Great defenses almost always shut down great QB's its been happening for years and will continue to happen Sure Manning won the SB but his team had the benifit of a lot of luck both down the stretch and in the playoffs and that always plays a part in a SB run.

Defense played the biggest part in this years playoffs, not the QB's, and thats how its always been and always will be.

Incarcerated Boob.

From the outside looking in: there is no way that the Jets coaching staff/FO can be so out there that they will get rid of Sanchez and have Tebow as their starter. I understand ground and pound....and I beleive that Tebow will see plenty of snaps in a newer, brighter version of the wildcat...but to actually shop Sanchez in favor of Tebow as the full time starter? No one is that freakin; stupid.

Tebow has great intangibles. His option/wildcat/whatever skills are terrific. He even throws a good ball from time to time. He's a great leader. Sanchez is a better quaterback.

That;s what happens when ladies don;t get their brassiere properly fitted.

Archived