Draft Predictions Thread

JustInFudge

As the draft is quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to make a thread where we all make predictions. They can be about a certain team drafting a certain player or position, a draft day trade, a player who is considered a reach, a player who is going to slide...whatever really...and feel free to add predictions throughout the weeks proceeding the draft as they pop into our draftnik minds!

For example:

- The Jets will trade picks to move up in the draft for a mid round player ala Kerley and Greene.

- The Jets will draft an offensive lineman in the 2nd round.

- A team will draft Tannenhill within the top 10 (side note: he will be an utter bust)

- A team will draft Brock Osweiler in the 2nd round.

- Quintion Coples will be the first pass rusher taken in the daft.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! We have a forum where people actually talk Football and you two just reduced it to the main forum bull sh*t.

Appreciate it.

I believe the phrase is "move it along"

But to be honest the Jets are in no mans land, so I have no idea. If he falls to us, I'd take Decastro in a heartbeat.

I believe the phrase is "move it along"

But to be honest the Jets are in no mans land, so I have no idea. If he falls to us, I'd take Decastro in a heartbeat.

I didnt mean just the Jets...the draft in general. Any predictions.

lol you got whored in this one so far Jif..

I predict at 16 the Jets will take someone from the SEC (Barron/Ingram/Upshaw/TRich)

also,

- A team will draft Tannenhill within the top 10 - this is a lock to happen

Yes I have been whored because T0mGayne is the devil and has ruined this great site.

I like the SEC call being an SEC fan. I think the only 2 players the Jets have drafted from the SEC in the Ryan era are Connor and McElroy...and in the Tanny era Eric Ainge too. Not to many SEC picks for the Jets. BIG mistake ;-)

Thanks for contributing.

- The Jets will trade picks to move up in the draft for a mid round player ala Kerley and Greene.

- The Jets will draft an offensive lineman in the 2nd round.

- A team will draft Tannenhill within the top 10 (side note: he will be an utter bust)

- A team will draft Brock Osweiler in the 2nd round.

- Quintion Coples will be the first pass rusher taken in the daft.

Actually agreed with all of this, except maybe the OL one. 2nd is arguably the best value round for OL this year with Schwartz, Brooks, Silatolu, and Osemele all would be interesting, and I might be forgetting others. Don't want to make this one official but I think that player will be Bruce Irvin.

Others:

- Colts take Luck.

- Redskins take Griffin III.

- Poe goes top 10.

- Jets walk away with Barron or Floyd in the first. Sleeper pick: Vinny Curry

- Gilmore is gone by 14.

- Riley Reiff goes later than expected.

- Jonathan Martin goes higher in the first than it seems is expected. He's the 2nd best LT prospect in this draft.

- Texans take Brandon Thomopson.

- Patriots or Ravens beat out Jets for Ingram.

- Miles Burris, not Melvin Ingram, is the next Adalius Thomas. Just saying that for the hell of it I guess.

- Jets will move around for DB Josh Bush Wake Forest, a guy Pauline has been really high on all offseason. He's visited like da aliens yo. Think Dwight Lowery but actually a safety. This is especially true if they miss out/pass on Barron.

- Jets will take two LB prospects. They will have people thinking 4-3 defense, but there's some interesting (possibly) hybrid system players like DeMario Davis, Bruce Irvin, and Zac Brown that have gotten serious looks by the Jets (all three have visited IIRC). We all love the 2009 and 2010 defense but moving forward speed and the ability to move well in space is going to be at a premium for defensive players (if it's not already?).

- Ryan Lindley is the best hidden QB in the class until draft day, and will go in the 3rd at the latest.

- Jets will take two or more WRs.

Actually agreed with all of this, except maybe the OL one. 2nd is arguably the best value round for OL this year with Schwartz, Brooks, Silatolu, and Osemele all would be interesting, and I might be forgetting others. Don't want to make this one official but I think that player will be Bruce Irvin.

Others:

- Colts take Luck.

- Redskins take Griffin III.

- Poe goes top 10.

- Jets walk away with Barron or Floyd in the first. Sleeper pick: Vinny Curry

- Gilmore is gone by 14.

- Riley Reiff goes later than expected.

- Jonathan Martin goes higher in the first than it seems is expected. He's the 2nd best LT prospect in this draft.

- Texans take Brandon Thomopson.

- Patriots or Ravens beat out Jets for Ingram.

- Miles Burris, not Melvin Ingram, is the next Adalius Thomas. Just saying that for the hell of it I guess.

- Jets will move around for DB Josh Bush Wake Forest, a guy Pauline has been really high on all offseason. He's visited like da aliens yo. Think Dwight Lowery but actually a safety. This is especially true if they miss out/pass on Barron.

- Jets will take two LB prospects. They will have people thinking 4-3 defense, but there's some interesting (possibly) hybrid system players like DeMario Davis, Bruce Irvin, and Zac Brown that have gotten serious looks by the Jets (all three have visited IIRC). We all love the 2009 and 2010 defense but moving forward speed and the ability to move well in space is going to be at a premium for defensive players (if it's not already?).

- Ryan Lindley is the best hidden QB in the class until draft day, and will go in the 3rd at the latest.

- Jets will take two or more WRs.

Awesome! The Ingram vs. Burris is more of a career prediction but I like it. haha

With your Gilmore going before 14 is that going to be before Janorice Jenkins?

lol you got whored in this one so far Jif..

I predict at 16 the Jets will take someone from the SEC (Barron/Ingram/Upshaw/TRich)

also,

- A team will draft Tannenhill within the top 10 - this is a lock to happen

+1 on this. Bit was most vocal about this, and definitely agree with it.

Jets trade at least once, don't draft a S in the 1st two rounds, pick one RB, 3 WRs, 2OL and only one OLB.

There's at least 5 trades in the first 2 rounds.

Tannenhill will be drafted in the top 10 (big reach)

Poe will be drafted between 10 and 15.

Colts take Luck.

Redskins take Griffin III.

Cleveland takes TRich.

More DL are drafted in the 1st then anyother position.

Pats trade down at some point.

4 WR are drafted in the 1st.

A lot of teams reach on TEs

TRich is the only RB drafted in the 1st

Some Jet fans will act like a$$hole after our pick.

Part of this site will want Mr T fired after our first pick another part will be making plans to see the pick in the HOF.

Jets trade at least once, don't draft a S in the 1st two rounds, pick one RB, 3 WRs, 2OL and only one OLB.

There's at least 5 trades in the first 2 rounds.

Tannenhill will be drafted in the top 10 (big reach)

Poe will be drafted between 10 and 15.

Colts take Luck.

Redskins take Griffin III.

Cleveland takes TRich.

More DL are drafted in the 1st then anyother position.

Pats trade down at some point.

4 WR are drafted in the 1st.

A lot of teams reach on TEs

TRich is the only RB drafted in the 1st

Some Jet fans will act like a$$hole after our pick.

Part of this site will want Mr T fired after our first pick another part will be making plans to see the pick in the HOF.

Interesting one. Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Hill?

Yea and I think Fleener is going in the first as well even though he's not worth it. Teams are going to try to find the next great WR and TE this year and less on RBs. The TE suck this year though.

Yeah horrible...I like Fleener but still don't think he's anywhere near a healthy Gronkowski in college.

Yea and I think Fleener is going in the first as well even though he's not worth it. Teams are going to try to find the next great WR and TE this year and less on RBs. The TE suck this year though.

I can see Fleener going in the first.

Prediction: Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd will be off the board when the Jets pick at 16.

Here's my amazing psychic predictions:

1. The Jets will spend a 4th on Brandon Weeden and cut Greg McElroy.

2. The first round shapes up like this:

1. Colts--Andrew Luck: Duh

2. Redskins--RGIII: Poor bastard. Shanahans Jr and Sr can't wait to f*ck him up.

3. Vikings--Morris Claiborne: If they ever hope to beat the Packers and Lions, yadda yadda.

4. Rams--Matt Kalil: Browns, all set with Joe Thomas, trade back with the Rams, who jump back up for the stud LT.

5. Bucs--Justin Blackmon: Teams with Mike Williams to give Freeman two nasty targets.

6. Browns--Trent Richardson: They get the horse and pray for a QB.

7. Jags--Melvin Ingram: Jags suck.

8. Panthers--Quentin Coples: Try to replace Peppers.

9. Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill: They passed on Flynn for a reason. Maybe it's because Philbin likes Tannehill's tools better?

10. Bills--Michael Floyd: They're going to use the Giants blueprint and load up on pass rush and receivers.

11. Chiefs--Dontari Poe: They're going to maul. Pioli and Crennel know it all starts on the nose.

12. Seahawks-- Mark Barron: Pairs with Earl Thomas to give Pete some serious safety goodness.

13. Cardinals-- Courtney Upshaw: Natural fit in Steelers West.

14. Dallas Cowboys--David DeCastro: They need DBs in the worst, but take the G to stick next to Tyron Smith for a decade.

15. Eagles--Luke Kuechly: They consider Reiff here, but decide on the LB instead. Vick preps for concussion #35.

16. Jets--Riley Reiff: With the big pass rushers off the board, the Jets gladly take the sliding Reiff and plug him in at RT.

27. Pats--Dont'a Hightower: Belichick needs to get bigger at LB.

31. Pats--Antonio Allen: Because I'm Bill Belichick. That's why.

32. Giants--Coby Fleener: The Giants don't even pretend to run the football anymore. Eli+Cruz+Nicks+Fleener=Points.

The Jets will also trade back into the bottom of the first round to pick up David Wilson, and Rex will tell you he's Ray Rice.

3. Jared Crick sneaks into the Top 20.

4. Andrew Luck will be more Matt Ryan than Tom Brady; RGIII will get forced into service by Dan Snyder and the Redskins will implode; Ryan Tannehill will go to Miami, sit behind Matt Moore for a year and Philbin will make him a stud eventually.

5. Isaiah Pead will have a better overall career than Trent Richardson.

6. Alshon Jeffery will go to the Chargers in the second round and catch 80 passes as a rookie.

Tannehill goes to Miami

Shea Mcclellin will sneak into the first

Jets will trade up for Ingram

Patriots trade out of the first round and continue to stockpile picks

Wayne Hunter is dealt on draft day :crossfingers:

Burfict goes undrafted

Decastro falls to the late teens early twenties.

Barron gets picked up by Dallas

Here's my amazing psychic predictions:

1. The Jets will spend a 4th on Brandon Weeden and cut Greg McElroy.

2. The first round shapes up like this:

1. Colts--Andrew Luck: Duh

2. Redskins--RGIII: Poor bastard. Shanahans Jr and Sr can't wait to f*ck him up.

3. Vikings--Morris Claiborne: If they ever hope to beat the Packers and Lions, yadda yadda.

4. Rams--Matt Kalil: Browns, all set with Joe Thomas, trade back with the Rams, who jump back up for the stud LT.

5. Bucs--Justin Blackmon: Teams with Mike Williams to give Freeman two nasty targets.

6. Browns--Trent Richardson: They get the horse and pray for a QB.

7. Jags--Melvin Ingram: Jags suck.

8. Panthers--Quentin Coples: Try to replace Peppers.

9. Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill: They passed on Flynn for a reason. Maybe it's because Philbin likes Tannehill's tools better?

10. Bills--Michael Floyd: They're going to use the Giants blueprint and load up on pass rush and receivers.

11. Chiefs--Dontari Poe: They're going to maul. Pioli and Crennel know it all starts on the nose.

12. Seahawks-- Mark Barron: Pairs with Earl Thomas to give Pete some serious safety goodness.

13. Cardinals-- Courtney Upshaw: Natural fit in Steelers West.

14. Dallas Cowboys--David DeCastro: They need DBs in the worst, but take the G to stick next to Tyron Smith for a decade.

15. Eagles--Luke Kuechly: They consider Reiff here, but decide on the LB instead. Vick preps for concussion #35.

16. Jets--Riley Reiff: With the big pass rushers off the board, the Jets gladly take the sliding Reiff and plug him in at RT.

27. Pats--Dont'a Hightower: Belichick needs to get bigger at LB.

31. Pats--Antonio Allen: Because I'm Bill Belichick. That's why.

32. Giants--Coby Fleener: The Giants don't even pretend to run the football anymore. Eli+Cruz+Nicks+Fleener=Points.

The Jets will also trade back into the bottom of the first round to pick up David Wilson, and Rex will tell you he's Ray Rice.

3. Jared Crick sneaks into the Top 20.

4. Andrew Luck will be more Matt Ryan than Tom Brady; RGIII will get forced into service by Dan Snyder and the Redskins will implode; Ryan Tannehill will go to Miami, sit behind Matt Moore for a year and Philbin will make him a stud eventually.

5. Isaiah Pead will have a better overall career than Trent Richardson.

6. Alshon Jeffery will go to the Chargers in the second round and catch 80 passes as a rookie.

Was that hard?

I'd be pretty happy with Reiff at 15. Not ideal, but wouldnt be upset.

I think the Bills take Floyd too. Dont think the Bucs take Blackmon though. Rams do.

draft prediction the new york jets will trade up with the Carolina Panthers for Melvin Ingram (the panthers will take a DT at 16, perhaps Poe or Brockers)

the Jets will follow that pick up with an offensive lineman in rd 2 (schwartz or massie) and a running back (possibly Isaiah Pead or Vick Ballard) in rd 3, followed by a WR in rd 4.

i was wondering where we got the 4th round pick. bit and tom predicting we recoup a 4th?

my predictions

orson charles goes higher than fleener

jets draft a wr or cb or rb with better oline prospects still on the board...just for the wow factor

pats tradr back and wind up with, like 14 picks. 5 of them make the team

tanny trades up at least once

burfict goes in 5th rd

jets trade bart scott on draft day to move up 3 spots in the 5th. draft burfict.

Archived