Could this be Mark's year?

courtnj18

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were on the field for almost the entire second half because the Jets offense couldnt muster up any second half points.

So the Jets defense wasnt "real championship" that year? lmfao.

So let me see 80 yard pass from Sanchez to Braylon 9 yard pass from Sanchez to Keller Jets up 17 - 6 Colts put up 14 points in a row 7 to end the half and 7 as they came out from halftime on a 7 minute drive eating up half the third Quarter and your blaming Mark Sanchez for not doing what ?? How did a so called JAG like Pierre Garcon eat up our Defense for 150 Yards ? Manning ate the Jets defense up and thats pretty much how it went down. Sanchez did much more in that game than I ever expected as a rookie in an AFCCG and the defense sh*t the bed.

So let me see 80 yard pass from Sanchez to Braylon 9 yard pass from Sanchez to Keller Jets up 17 - 6 Colts put up 14 points in a row 7 to end the half and 7 as they came out from halftime on a 7 minute drive eating up half the third Quarter and your blaming Mark Sanchez for not doing what ?? How did a so called JAG like Pierre Garcon eat up our Defense for 150 Yards ? Manning ate the Jets defense up and thats pretty much how it went down. Sanchez did much more in that game than I ever expected as a rookie in an AFCCG and the defense sh*t the bed.

Who's blaming Sanchez for anything you weirdo? lol You said the Jets gave him marginal talent. Thats dumbest thing I've ever heard. He had the best OL in the game, the best running game in the league and the best defense plus he was throwing to 2 former thousand yard receivers in their prime.. Thats far from marginal buddy. Name a QB who entered the league in a better situation?

And I may be be crazy, but failing to score a single point in the 2nd half vs. Peyton Manning and the Colts in the AFCG is the very definition of sh*tting the bed. 17pts is rarely enough to stop Peyton, at home in the dome.

And I love how you talk out both sides of your mouth when it helps your position. Garcon was a Jag but all the Colts did was build around Peyton with talent. lmfao. You crack me up.

They were on the field for almost the entire second half because the Jets offense couldnt muster up any second half points.

So the Jets defense wasnt "real championship" that year? lmfao.

I think we're starting to make real headway with Smash. The #1 defense in the league is simply not good enough for Mark Sanchez. Nor is the 2009 offensive line. HE NEEDS REAL WEAPONS DAMMIT.

I think we're starting to make real headway with Smash. The #1 defense in the league is simply not good enough for Mark Sanchez. Nor is the 2009 offensive line. HE NEEDS REAL WEAPONS DAMMIT.

He had marginal talent around him Damaged. 2 thousand yard receivers (Smash's butt buddy, Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery aka leadership). He had a 1400 yard rusher who scored a franchise record 14 rushing TD's, he had a 1st round pick TE. The best OL in the game. The best defense in the league that season...but you know, marginal talent kept Sanchez from being successful.

Yep I know Shonn Greene was throwing those TD passes to Edwards and brought us to a 17 -6 lead. Fully understood the Greene Injury and the Strickland Injury hurt us but the Jets still went the conservative route when they should have tried to bury indy. Sanchez was throw ing the ball well.

Smash... when the defense has 9 defenders keying on Greene, you or I could hit that pass. Watch some of those replays, it's the same thing with Tebow against Pitts (although Tebow is his own running game) (and Tebow was better then Sanchez). The success he has isn't cause he's a good QB, it's cause the defense isn't defending the pass. That's exactly what was going on in 2009 playoffs, until Greene got hurt.

This one I'm familiar with having an overhead view. but basically 8 men in the box, and all 3 LB'ers and 2 safeties crash down over the fear of Greene handoff (he'd been killing it), leaving basically 10 in the box and Keller wide open. I'm not kidding when I say I think I could've completed that pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8159cfba/Keller-45-yard-TD

And also CTM let me tell you a little something about Delusion. Delusion is when you blame every problem a team has on the QB.....Delusion is when you think the Jets have top talent Skill players...... Delusion is when you think we can go into a season with no depth at O-Line at all and risk a so called SB teams chances by having a rookie center who had been cast off by another team and Vlad Ducasse as back ups.

Most of what I have said for the past 3 years has been spot on this team is trying to create an offense with freakin castoffs and quite honestly we no longer scare anyone on any tier of our offense but hey lets be Jets fans and blame it all on the QB.

Delusion is watching what is clearly the worst player on the team sabotage SB runs and thinking it anyone but him was to blame. The worst starters on the Jets are Eric Smith, Mark Sanchez and Wayne Hunter, they all are at the bottom of the league in terms of their position. The problem is that having a bad QB is so much more detrimental then having a bad safety or RT. heck, the 2009 Jets defense had a bad CB and it was still elite

Competent QB in 2009 and we win a SB, Above average play the last 2 years and we seriously compete for one

Delusion is watching what is clearly the worst player on the team sabotage SB runs and thinking it anyone but him was to blame. The worst starters on the Jets are Eric Smith, Mark Sanchez and Wayne Hunter, they all are at the bottom of the league in terms of their position. The problem is that having a bad QB is so much more detrimental then having a bad safety or RT. heck, the 2009 Jets defense had a bad CB and it was still elite

Competent QB in 2009 and we win a SB, Above average play the last 2 years and we seriously compete for one

Yep peyton would have won a SB here and he came for free to boot. Movin on to green and yellow

I thoguht you need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl? That's all we ever hear here....and if that's the case, this is a pointless argument. You cant go from "we need an elite QB" to hell any "competent" QB wins us a ring in 2009.

This one I'm familiar with having an overhead view. but basically 8 men in the box, and all 3 LB'ers and 2 safeties crash down over the fear of Greene handoff (he'd been killing it), leaving basically 10 in the box and Keller wide open. I'm not kidding when I say I think I could've completed that pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8159cfba/Keller-45-yard-TD

What I see on that video is terrible play design and poor route running with Sanchez making an exceptional play to bail everyone else out.

I thoguht you need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl? That's all we ever hear here....and if that's the case, this is a pointless argument. You cant go from "we need an elite QB" to hell any "competent" QB wins us a ring in 2009.

The team that could've won with a competent QB in 2009 is not the same one the Jets will be running out on the field in 2012.

I don't know that they need an "elite" QB per se, but one that is at least good and who can play at an elite level for stretches.

the 2009 team was the Trent Dilfer Exception. Kinda like this years San Francisco (I know they didn't win it all but at least they won 13 games and had homefield advantage.)

The team that could've won with a competent QB in 2009 is not the same one the Jets will be running out on the field in 2012.

I don't know that they need an "elite" QB per se, but one that is at least good and who can play at an elite level for stretches.

Then try and sign Matt Schaub after this season.

As far as 2009, Favre wasnt coming back regardless and I thought Sanchez played well enough to win against the Colts.

the 2009 team was the Trent Dilfer Exception. Kinda like this years San Francisco (I know they didn't win it all but at least they won 13 games and had homefield advantage.)

Trent Dilfer and those types of guys dont beat the Colts with the defense playing the way they did in the second half. This argument doesnt work.

Fact is, we got to the AFC Championship with Mark Sanchez...any other average QB wasnt going to do any better in that game.

You don't understand the nuance of the argument. Elite QB means you compete for a SB every year and maximize your chances at it.

2099, by playoff time. We happened to have an elite running game and elite defense at the same time. That was fluky, and follows the 2000 Ravens model. We didn't have it in 2010 and they didn't haveit in 2001. So you basically have 1 chance at it. Everyone's acknowledged it's possible to win if other areas of team are elite. But when people say we need elite QB, there saying, lets go after the option with the overwhelming larger opportunity for success. Pats and Colts have been legitimate SB contenders for 10 years now because of a single player, that's the ideal

Then try and sign Matt Schaub after this season.

As far as 2009, Favre wasnt coming back regardless and I thought Sanchez played well enough to win against the Colts.

You'd be wrong. 4th quarter started 20-17, us with ball. Sanchez's first three drives were 1 first down then punt, followed by 2 three and outs, the last being an INT that lead to a FG. The final drive was garbage time @1:06, down 2 scores

In the third quarter, we had 3 first downs after Greene got injured (2nd play of third quarter)..

How does a QB play well enough to win when we get 4 first downs in the second half of a close FB game, against one of the top teams in the league? Mark Sanchez played well enough for Indy to win the game, not the Jets.

You'd be wrong. 4th quarter started 20-17, us with ball. Sanchez's first three drives were 1 first down then punt, followed by 2 three and outs, the last being an INT that lead to a FG. The final drive was garbage time @1:06, down 2 scores

In the third quarter, we had 3 first downs after Greene got injured (2nd play of third quarter)..

How does a QB play well enough to win when we get 4 first downs in the second half of a close FB game, against one of the top teams in the league? Mark Sanchez played well enough for Indy to win the game, not the Jets.

It worked the two previous weeks...the defense just wasnt good enough to stop the Colts that day. If the defense plays the way they played in the first half in the second half, the Jets win. Giving an "elite" defense a 17-6 lead should have been enough in that situation.

You forget the contributions of Lito Sheppard in that game.

I actually think we're not going to be too far off from a defensive standpoint. Which makes the Hunter/Tebow/Sanchextension stuff that much more frustrating. Sanchez isn't ready to do what Harbaugh had Smith do this year.

I actually think we're not going to be too far off from a defensive standpoint. Which makes the Hunter/Tebow/Sanchextension stuff that much more frustrating. Sanchez isn't ready to do what Harbaugh had Smith do this year.

Man, that aint going to work again in SF. The roll outs, bootlegs, playaction and run the sh*t out of the ball people will figure out. The 2009 Jets were a spitting image of the Niners this year, minus the Sanchez absurd turnover games.

Smith is still terrible.

You don't understand the nuance of the argument. Elite QB means you compete for a SB every year and maximize your chances at it.

2099, by playoff time. We happened to have an elite running game and elite defense at the same time. That was fluky, and follows the 2000 Ravens model. We didn't have it in 2010 and they didn't haveit in 2001. So you basically have 1 chance at it. Everyone's acknowledged it's possible to win if other areas of team are elite. But when people say we need elite QB, there saying, lets go after the option with the overwhelming larger opportunity for success. Pats and Colts have been legitimate SB contenders for 10 years now because of a single player, that's the ideal

Pretty much this to a word.

It worked the two previous weeks...the defense just wasnt good enough to stop the Colts that day. If the defense plays the way they played in the first half in the second half, the Jets win. Giving an "elite" defense a 17-6 lead should have been enough in that situation.

That's kind of exactly the point. You need a QB. Because, sooner or later there's going to be a crack in the defensive armor. If you hand created a pro-bowl defense, and put them up against Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, one of those guys would do damage. You need your offense to answer. Defenses aren't perfect, and in the current NFL, on a long enough time scale, something bad happens and offense (and QBs) win.

That's kind of exactly the point. You need a QB. Because, sooner or later there's going to be a crack in the defensive armor. If you hand created a pro-bowl defense, and put them up against Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, one of those guys would do damage. You need your offense to answer. Defenses aren't perfect, and in the current NFL, on a long enough time scale, something bad happens and offense (and QBs) win.

I know you need a QB. We didnt have one that could carry us in 2009 so we needed the defense to be perfect and it wasnt....but there isnt any reason it couldnt have been that day.

Either way, it makes no difference now.

So, your point is... It's hard to get one, so _________________________.

So we better figure out a way to keep our best player happy and find some freaking guys that can make a play with the football in their hands....and tell Sanchez to throw to the guys in green.

Man, that aint going to work again in SF. The roll outs, bootlegs, playaction and run the sh*t out of the ball people will figure out. The 2009 Jets were a spitting image of the Niners this year, minus the Sanchez absurd turnover games.

Smith is still terrible.

It's not so much a matter of design as managing the turnovers. They cut it from 23 in '10 down to 10 in '11. Our offense still coughed it up 30 times in '09, which is a testament to just how good that defense really was. The problem is that our offense already was scaled back to the most basic fundamental nonsense last season and we still coughed it up 34 times. Off the top of my head I'd guestimate that keeping it under 15 should keep us in the running. But our Sanchez-run offense's 3-year average is nowhere near that and neither are Sparano's offenses. Not to mention that it took Smith over 5 seasons in the pros after a lot more college starts than Sanchez to get to the point where he was able to run something even that basic on a week-to-week basis.

So we better figure out a way to keep our best player happy and find some freaking guys that can make a play with the football in their hands....and tell Sanchez to throw to the guys in green.

Good post. Agreed.

No, cause they are playing the Colts.. Good offense, Bad defense. Had they been playing the Ravens, (bad offense, good defense) I might agree with you. But even then, 4 first downs in the second half = your QB lost the game for you. Really no way around it.

How anyone could suggest that 11 pt lead is enough for entire second half against Peyton Manning in home playoff game is mindboggling. Especially when you're offense is basically going three and out the entire half

I know you need a QB. We didnt have one that could carry us in 2009 so we needed the defense to be perfect and it wasnt....but there isnt any reason it couldnt have been that day.

Either way, it makes no difference now.

Top 5 QB of all time , at home, in dome.. Yep, we should've been expecting to skunk them for game. 17 pts is plenty

Archived