Could this be Mark's year?

courtnj18

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an even longer list of crappy QB's that stayed crappy. This almost religious faith in Sanchez is absurd. What do you see that tells you he will suddenly become something other than what he is and has been for the last three years?

Says the dude with the Tebow avatar.

Ok, that was too easy...

There's an even longer list of crappy QB's that stayed crappy. This almost religious faith in Sanchez is absurd. What do you see that tells you he will suddenly become something other than what he is and has been for the last three years?

It's certainly possible. I mean it's much more likely than, say, a JaMarcus Russell or Derek Andersen comeback.

It's just not probable, and you would hope even the most ardent Sanchez supporters would recognize that. In my mind, he's got this whole year to prove himself... that's it. If he doesn't truly step up this year, his career as a starter on this team is over. I know a lot of people speculated about that last year, but at least in my view this is his very last chance.

It's awkward that they've extended him, for sure. I guess they're betting on him, but I think they'll try to cash out in 2013 if the bet doesn't come up gold.

People are always quick to quit on Sanchez, but I don't see why. Everybody wants an instant Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers (not gonna happen). Sanchez has gotten better every year. The crazy thing about Sanchez is that last year was his best year...think about it. His first two years when we went to the conference championship we had the #1 and #4 rush defense in the league and the defense speaks for itself. The first year he did it with cotchery and edwards at reciever with a pretty good line. The second year he had tone, cotchery, and edwards. Two WR's he was comfortable with and he knew. No look at last year performance. You lose cotchery and edwards to start with and replace them with a rookie and inmate with no training camp (don't for get tone hadn't even had a full year in the offense due to his missed games at the beginning of year. Is it fair to say no chemistry there? now consider he was sacked 39 times last year (not including the pressure and knock downs). Having all this being said Sanchez still put up career highs in yards, attempts, completions, and touchdowns. yeah i know he had some picks last year, but if your a Jet fan like me (meaning games still haunt you) then you know a handful of those picks weren't his fault. Is Sanchez a top 10 QB? You must be crazy to even consider saying yes! Has Sanchez accomplished more than those who were drafted the year before and after him (Ryan, Stafford, Bradford, and Freeman)? It's not even a race in my opinion in regards to who is better.

The thing that sucks is if Favre hadn't been such a loser and hadn't managed to quit on the Jets and alienated everyone in the Jets Organization and Nation and played a second year with the Jets---this is where alternate realities and universes come into play--remembering that Favre had a career year with the Vikings the following year and the Jets lost in the AFC Championship with Rex and Sanchez in their first years, hypothetically the Jets should have won the Super Bowl, Sanchez could have apprenticed under Favre for a year or more, and been given a chance to develop, rather than been thrown into the feeding frenzy of sharks from day one. Considering all he's had to deal with from the media etc I do give him kudos for keeping his sanity, having character, and not ending up in a psych ward, trying to convince all the other loonies and doctors that's he's Mark Sanchez, qb of the Jets, who almost went to the SB, and trying to get the other inmates to learn plays during the recess. The doctors would be writing in their notes 'curiously, this patient has remarkably low delusions of grandeur. He doesn't claim he's Napolean, or Genghis Kahn, or even Joe Namath, for that matter, he claims he's Mark Sanchez.'

how many of those crappy QB's made it to the AFCCG 2 times in a row with marginal talent around them ? And played very well in the playoffs to boot

how many of those crappy QB's made it to the AFCCG 2 times in a row with marginal talent around them ? And played very well in the playoffs to boot

Trent dilfer?

commonality being a lights out defense, a great running game, and mandate to "not screw it up"... Go watch that Cinn or SD playoff games, you or I could've completed those passes as the entire defense was focused on the run

the reality is that Mark Sanchesa is one of the 10 QB's in the league that we WOULDN"T have won a SB with that year.. Unfortunately for us, he was the starter. Favre is our QB, we win it all

Trent dilfer?

commonality being a lights out defense, a great running game, and mandate to "not screw it up"... Go watch that Cinn or SD playoff games, you or I could've completed those passes as the entire defense was focused on the run

the reality is that Mark Sanchesa is one of the 10 QB's in the league that we WOULDN"T have won a SB with that year.. Unfortunately for us, he was the starter. Favre is our QB, we win it all

Sanchez played well in the playoffs for us..... Favre, as great as he was, made some of the biggest bone head plays I have ever seen in the playoffs so no telling what you get with a Favre.

We had a big lead vs the Colts and our bone headed coaches decided to go conservative and rely on the defense and Manning ate them up. Cant blame Sanchez there.

Also lets totally forget the first half of the Pitt game because the entire team played bad including Sanchez but when he got hot and was bringing us back the defense didnt get the stop at the end and Shooty turned not his typical Idiot self by running our own clock out by not going into Hurry up sooner in the 4th Quarter.

Bottom line is Sanchez was very capable of winning both those games but it certianly was not all on him that we lost.

Trent dilfer?

Also out of all the SB's you give me Trent Dilfer who just didnt have the physical tools but one of the greatest defenses of all time . Sorry but the Jets defense of those 2 years were very good but no remotely close to all time great. If they were all time great we would have won both SB's weather we had sanchez or not.

Sanchez played well in the playoffs for us..... Favre, as great as he was, made some of the biggest bone head plays I have ever seen in the playoffs so no telling what you get with a Favre.

We had a big lead vs the Colts and our bone headed coaches decided to go conservative and rely on the defense and Manning ate them up. Cant blame Sanchez there.

Also lets totally forget the first half of the Pitt game because the entire team played bad including Sanchez but when he got hot and was bringing us back the defense didnt get the stop at the end and Shooty turned not his typical Idiot self by running our own clock out by not going into Hurry up sooner in the 4th Quarter.

Bottom line is Sanchez was very capable of winning both those games but it certianly was not all on him that we lost.

THis is the kind of delusion that makes it impossible to talk to you about things like this. Sanchez attempt 21 out of his game total of 30 passes in the second half. Anyone who watched that game knows that when Shonn Greene got hurt, our offense did 0 the rest of the game, with numerous drives ending on Sacnhez second and third down incompletions.

We lost in Indy cause Sanchesa was exposed when our dominant run game was lost to injury,.

In Pitts the dude defined incompetance in the first half and fumbled for a td the other way (which proved to be the difference in score)

His first 4 drives added up to 14 yards, 7 and 1/2 minutes of TOP and 7 points for Pitts. At this point is was 24-0 and the half was just about over.

In the second half, the Pitts defense went to prevent and he finally had some success, but again, you blame the defense first for "not getting a stop at the end" when here's what the Pitts offense did in the second half, how much better can they play

0 points (actually +2)

75 yards

2 Turnovers (including 1 for a safety)

Also out of all the SB's you give me Trent Dilfer who just didnt have the physical tools but one of the greatest defenses of all time . Sorry but the Jets defense of those 2 years were very good but no remotely close to all time great. If they were all time great we would have won both SB's weather we had sanchez or not.

Yeah, Balt's defense was better, hence them winning a SB and us losing AFCC. THe point is both Sanchesa and Dilfer were crappy QB's, DIlfer wasn't even retained for the following season and played 7 games in seattle. If you were the GM of Baltimore he'd have been there for life cause "he QB'd a SB win"

Yeah, Balt's defense was better, hence them winning a SB and us losing AFCC. THe point is both Sanchesa and Dilfer were crappy QB's, DIlfer wasn't even retained for the following season and played 7 games in seattle. If you were the GM of Baltimore he'd have been there for life cause "he QB'd a SB win"

When Greene went down in the Indy game it reminded me of the Oakland game that we saw what we had in Chad. Just not enough.

Dont assume that CTM I was not a big Dilfer fan but if that defense was back and you wanted another SB I say keep the Mistake free guy around rather than trying to bring in a new guy who will add other variables to the equasion.

When it come top defenses you are going to run into bad halves as a QB they all do. Manning made a career of it until his defense finally decided to play out of their minds when the Colts won the SB. Drew Brees this year was horrid in the first half vs the Niners then obviously they made a come back just like the Jets did we just didnt get that last stop vs Pitt or we win that game because Pitts defense was exausted.

Its not just the QB

The thing that sucks is if Favre hadn't been such a loser and hadn't managed to quit on the Jets and alienated everyone in the Jets Organization and Nation and played a second year with the Jets---this is where alternate realities and universes come into play--remembering that Favre had a career year with the Vikings the following year and the Jets lost in the AFC Championship with Rex and Sanchez in their first years, hypothetically the Jets should have won the Super Bowl, Sanchez could have apprenticed under Favre for a year or more, and been given a chance to develop, rather than been thrown into the feeding frenzy of sharks from day one. Considering all he's had to deal with from the media etc I do give him kudos for keeping his sanity, having character, and not ending up in a psych ward, trying to convince all the other loonies and doctors that's he's Mark Sanchez, qb of the Jets, who almost went to the SB, and trying to get the other inmates to learn plays during the recess. The doctors would be writing in their notes 'curiously, this patient has remarkably low delusions of grandeur. He doesn't claim he's Napolean, or Genghis Kahn, or even Joe Namath, for that matter, he claims he's Mark Sanchez.'

Farve wasnt a loser until he got beat into a busted arm and ankle. Look at his first half of the year compared to the last half of the year. If you watched/listened to the games that year the announcers repeatedly said every week that Favre could take that beating all year. in this instance teh announcers were correct.

as for Mark, he has shown me plenty in his first couple of years that i think we need to support him with more help on offense. Last year was brutal to watch and i lost almost all confidence in him but imo he is allowed a down year, nobody is perfect and he has only recently gotten back to playing live games(relatively speaking) as he only started 1 year at USC.

THis is the kind of delusion that makes it impossible to talk to you about things like this. Sanchez attempt 21 out of his game total of 30 passes in the second half. Anyone who watched that game knows that when Shonn Greene got hurt, our offense did 0 the rest of the game, with numerous drives ending on Sacnhez second and third down incompletions.

We lost in Indy cause Sanchesa was exposed when our dominant run game was lost to injury,.

In Pitts the dude defined incompetance in the first half and fumbled for a td the other way (which proved to be the difference in score)

His first 4 drives added up to 14 yards, 7 and 1/2 minutes of TOP and 7 points for Pitts. At this point is was 24-0 and the half was just about over.

In the second half, the Pitts defense went to prevent and he finally had some success, but again, you blame the defense first for "not getting a stop at the end" when here's what the Pitts offense did in the second half, how much better can they play

0 points (actually +2)

75 yards

mary_poppins.gif

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and plays like $hit it is Sanchez.

I guess having the best running game, offensive line and defense were all composed of marginal talent those years............SMH

I wish we had Trent Dilfer in 09 and 10. He would have turned the ball over faaaaaaar less and managed games better than Marky Mark.

0 points (actually +2)

75 yards

mary_poppins.gif

Yep I know Shonn Greene was throwing those TD passes to Edwards and brought us to a 17 -6 lead. Fully understood the Greene Injury and the Strickland Injury hurt us but the Jets still went the conservative route when they should have tried to bury indy. Sanchez was throw ing the ball well.

And also CTM let me tell you a little something about Delusion. Delusion is when you blame every problem a team has on the QB.....Delusion is when you think the Jets have top talent Skill players...... Delusion is when you think we can go into a season with no depth at O-Line at all and risk a so called SB teams chances by having a rookie center who had been cast off by another team and Vlad Ducasse as back ups.

Most of what I have said for the past 3 years has been spot on this team is trying to create an offense with freakin castoffs and quite honestly we no longer scare anyone on any tier of our offense but hey lets be Jets fans and blame it all on the QB.

Poor kid. It seems like every year a QB enters the league with the best OL in the league, best running game in the league, the best defense in the league, 2 WR's who've had thousand yard seasons and a receiving threat at TE. Sucked to be him.

Poor kid. It seems like every year a QB enters the league with the best OL in the league, best running game in the league, the best defense in the league, 2 WR's who've had thousand yard seasons and a receiving threat at TE. Sucked to be him.

Where was the best Defense in the league when we were leading 17-6 ? Peyton had been shut down many times in the playoffs by the Patriots who had a real championship defense as a matter of fact they gave Peyton hell.

Where was the best Defense in the league when we were leading 17-6 ? Peyton had been shut down many times in the playoffs by the Patriots who had a real championship defense as a matter of fact they gave Peyton hell.

They were on the field for almost the entire second half because the Jets offense couldnt muster up any second half points.

So the Jets defense wasnt "real championship" that year? lmfao.

Archived