Could this be Mark's year?

courtnj18

Top 5 QB of all time , at home, in dome.. Yep, we should've been expecting to skunk them for game. 17 pts is plenty

If they were an all time elite defense, like the Ravens...yes 17 was certainly plenty.

Our defense wasnt good enough to carry a rookie QB that year that played ok in the AFC Chamionship. A serviceable QB like Dilfer, wouldnt have made any difference.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they were an all time elite defense, like the Ravens...yes 17 was certainly plenty.

Our defense wasnt good enough to carry a rookie QB that year that played ok in the AFC Chamionship. A serviceable QB like Dilfer, wouldnt have made any difference.

he didn't play ok. 4 first downs and 2 three and out in second half of close game in a dome is not OK. It's bad

the 2000 Ravens faced Gus Ferrotte, McNair, Gannon and Collins.. Not exactly murderers row

They were on the field for almost the entire second half because the Jets offense couldnt muster up any second half points.

So the Jets defense wasnt "real championship" that year? lmfao.

There have been a few posts against the offense in this thread and some of them call out Sanchez. Anyone remember what the running back situation looked like in the 2nd half? Anyone remember who was playing linebacker for the Jets in the 2nd half of that game?

No, cause they are playing the Colts.. Good offense, Bad defense. Had they been playing the Ravens, (bad offense, good defense) I might agree with you. But even then, 4 first downs in the second half = your QB lost the game for you. Really no way around it.

How anyone could suggest that 11 pt lead is enough for entire second half against Peyton Manning in home playoff game is mindboggling. Especially when you're offense is basically going three and out the entire half

Yep. This wasnt Peyton Manning on the road in freezing Foxborough either. It was at home, in the dome. You got to score. Cant go scoreless in the 2nd half and expect to win a game. Sorry.

There have been a few posts against the offense in this thread and some of them call out Sanchez. Anyone remember what the running back situation looked like in the 2nd half? Anyone remember who was playing linebacker for the Jets in the 2nd half of that game?

I remember them being on the field a lot during the 2nd half because the offense couldnt move the chains. You cant keep asking a defense to go out there and stop Peyton. You're asking a lot of a defense to shutout Peyton Manning in the 2nd half of an AFCG at home. Dont care how good the defense. You have to score.

Yep. This wasnt Peyton Manning on the road in freezing Foxborough either. It was at home, in the dome. You got to score. Cant go scoreless in the 2nd half and expect to win a game. Sorry.

I remember them being on the field a lot during the 2nd half because the offense couldnt move the chains. You cant keep asking a defense to go out there and stop Peyton. You're asking a lot of a defense to shutout Peyton Manning in the 2nd half of an AFCG at home. Dont care how good the defense. You have to score.

I understand that. What I asked is do everyone remember what the running attack looked like for the Jets in the 2nd half. I was at that game. I was getting taunted by asshole Colts fans, throwing shit at us. So unfortunately it is embedded in my memory.

I understand that. What I asked is do everyone remember what the running attack looked like for the Jets in the 2nd half. I was at that game. I was getting taunted by a$$hole Colts fans, throwing sh*t at us. So unfortunately it is embedded in my memory.

Greene came out ripping off a couple decent chunks. Got hurt. Drive stalled, missed FG.

Jones was awful running into Mangold and falling over. Think he had like 1 run over 3 yards...maybe 2. It was giving the Jets 2nd and 3rd and longs and at one point Sanchez had like 6 straight incompletions, on 3 different series.

People forget the D forced a turnover and stopped the Colts a couple of times and the offense couldnt answer.

Greene came out ripping off a couple decent chunks. Got hurt. Drive stalled, missed FG.

Jones was awful running into Mangold and falling over. Think he had like 1 run over 3 yards...maybe 2. It was giving the Jets 2nd and 3rd and longs and at one point Sanchez had like 6 straight incompletions, on 3 different series.

People forget the D forced a turnover and stopped the Colts a couple of times and the offense couldnt answer.

Yeah Jones was done, he ran for like 2.5 per carry that game. I was sitting in the mezz - end zone. The holes opened and closed before Jones took his 2nd step. He looked SLOW. People forget that that Colts team (and defense) was pretty damn good.

A little more wildcat in the 2nd half would have been a good thing. Brad Smith threw a 40+ yarder in the 1st half.

That said the Jets gave up 30 points. Sanchez was a rookie who had a pretty good game all told.

So true.

Sanchez has to improve. I just see no reason why he cant.

So true.

Sanchez has to improve. I just see no rwason ehy he cant.

So true.

Sanchez has to improve. I just see no reason why he cant.

Thanks Tom.

The 98 reference is a good one. I think that team overachieved big time.

Wait. We're calling that a good thing?

Our record wasn't good, but considering what Sanchez had to work with. A convict who was only worth mentioning in the redzone (minus training camp), a rookie WR (minus training camp), a rushing attack that went from 1st, 4th, then all the way down to 22nd, and he still put up career high numbers. I'd say its a grow thing from a growth standpoint. Out of all his peers who came in around the same time as him tell me who is doing better than him. Take your time I'll wait! Please don't be foolish enough to say Matt Ryan (how many playoff games has he won?)?

Our record wasn't good, but considering what Sanchez had to work with. A convict who was only worth mentioning in the redzone (minus training camp), a rookie WR (minus training camp), a rushing attack that went from 1st, 4th, then all the way down to 22nd, and he still put up career high numbers. I'd say its a grow thing from a growth standpoint. Out of all his peers who came in around the same time as him tell me who is doing better than him. Take your time I'll wait! Please don't be foolish enough to say Matt Ryan (how many playoff games has he won?)?

Yep, Mark Sanchez is better than Matt Ryan. Matthew Stafford, too. I take him over both those guys in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, I take him ahead of Philip Rivers and Tony Romo, Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, I mean why limit it to guys that were drafted around the same time as Sanchez? God, I feel lucky.

Yep, Mark Sanchez is better than Matt Ryan. Matthew Stafford, too. I take him over both those guys in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, I take him ahead of Philip Rivers and Tony Romo, Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, I mean why limit it to guys that were drafted around the same time as Sanchez? God, I feel lucky.

Lets put the QB arguement aside for a second...Do you think the Jets have anywhere near the offensive talent at RB WR AND TE that those teams you Mentioned have ? All of those teams have at least one elite talent on offense the Jets have no one considered elite and some of those teams have multiple pro bowl players.

Santoio Holmes would be lucky to be a number 2 on those teams . Shonn Greene would probably be the back up running back on ALL those teams the only guy who might have a chance of starting on some of thsoe teams is Dustin Keller.

The Jets offense is laughable and we cant even do the simple task of getting a few viable backups on our Offensive line in case someone has to miss a few games. We didnt even learn from last year proclaiming a battle between Ducasse and Hunter . This organization is a freaking Joke and had no clue how to build around the solid core we had for the last 3 years.

After we made it to the second AFCCG all this team had to do was solidify the Offensive line with good back up's and retain both Braylon and Holmes and they could not even get that done all while leaving 9mil in cap money on the table on a team that was supposed to contend for a SB. There is a reason why we could no longer run the football or protect the QB our offensive line played bad last year as did our RB's. Over the past 3 years we have gotten slower as a team on both sides of the ball.

Sorry..... you can blame Sanchez all you want but if you cant see the obvious as to what contributed to his decline last year then you simply just hate the guy and want no part of a logical arguement.

So, you think he's better than Philip Rivers, et. al? Just say that so we can be clear.

Gastineau I do not know who Sanchez is better than. I wont make a determination on what Sanchez is or isnt until we get him some decent talent similar to the other QB we expect him to play like.

Do you think there's a GM in the league, including Mike Tannenbaum who would take Sanchez over Ryan?

Archived