Jeremy Kerley already sees difference between Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez

RSJ

If thats the case: Jamarcus Russel > Tebow > Sanchez.

Better career: Sanchez > Tebow > Russel

Goes to show that ridiculous velocity can be ridiculously overrated.

At least Tebow has strengths - velocitiy, a weapon in the running game.. what are Sanchez' strengths? Very limited. Mobile, not as mobile as Tebow though and... that's about it, I think. There's a couple of things he's mediocre at.

If thats the case: Jamarcus Russel > Tebow > Sanchez.

Better career: Sanchez > Tebow > Russel

Goes to show that ridiculous velocity can be ridiculously overrated.

I was half joking. But I agree, velocity is overrated. And it is the biggest reason why QB is so hard to evaluate at every level.

At least Tebow has strengths - velocitiy, a weapon in the running game.. what are Sanchez' strengths? Very limited. Mobile, not as mobile as Tebow though and... that's about it, I think. There's a couple of things he's mediocre at.

I just read this today on another Jet site and I didnt know this. Tebow started a total of 16 games including the playoffs and Tebow has only thrown for a completion rate of 50% or more 3 times. Thats a season worth of games right there and he's only reached the 50% completion mark 3 times. Dude, I simply had to laugh at that one.

You're talking about velocity as his strength, whats the point if he bullets an incomplete pass 5 blocks away from the receiver 55% of the time?

As for Sanchez strengths, hit me back when you see Tebow make these 3 passes. These passes are aboslutely perfect, and they're also skill set passes. You need enough velocity on the pass yet enough touch to put the ball in the correct place. Mind you, these are "crunch time" game winning/game on the line completions as well, so the pressure to make these perfect completions are perfectly evident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31HFT2GZBM

So yeah, tebow has velocity, but does he have touch? Can he fit a football in a spot where there's virtually no space for error? I think Merril Hoge has answered that question for us a few times on sports center lol.

What article did you read? He said he was more accurate, throws a better ball and is a much cooler guy.

Tebow isn't even a more accurate QB than you.

Or cooler than you, for that matter.

Tebow isn't even a more accurate QB than you.

Yeah, but thats because I'm the spitting image of Chadwick Pennington. Perfect touch, perfect spiral - always between the numbers...just a little weak armed. My intangibles >>> his

There are worms in Tim Tebow's stool that are cooler than JiF.

Sat. Dec 8. High noon. Me vs. You. On the beach for all to see. I'm going to drown you scrawny little a$$ in the ocean.

What article did you read? He said Tebow was "accurate" not "more accurate."

I'm going to use one of your Anchors to drown T0mGayne.

This.

Tired of all the boo-hoo'ing fans complaining about the media spinning this for the sake of controversy, or calling for Mike T's head for creating a controversy... If Sanchez didn't hand other teams wins on his worst days, and redefine mediocre on his best days, then Mike T wouldn't have gone out and found a guy that could replace him if needed.

Frankly, I like that we have a viable option behind Sanchez. No, he's not a probowl QB, but a #2 shouldn't be. However, he may be the most experienced backup QB in football right now. I'll take it. I also like that we have a roster spot devoted to a backup QB who can also get on the field in other capacities, it maximizes the ROI in Tebow.

Many teams will draft backup QBs this weekend in rounds 4-6 that may never take a snap for their teams. We spent a 4th on a guy that will be kneeling in the endzone for us this year, guaranteed.

Well Said!!!!

I have been a Tebow detractor ever since he was drafted, but wouldn't it be a pisser if the offseason work on his mechanics turned out to be transformational? While Vinny never had mechanical issues, it took him a while to figure things out. I am not betting on it, but it would be a hoot.

I just read this today on another Jet site and I didnt know this. Tebow started a total of 16 games including the playoffs and Tebow has only thrown for a completion rate of 50% or more 3 times. Thats a season worth of games right there and he's only reached the 50% completion mark 3 times. Dude, I simply had to laugh at that one.

You're talking about velocity as his strength, whats the point if he bullets an incomplete pass 5 blocks away from the receiver 55% of the time?

As for Sanchez strengths, hit me back when you see Tebow make these 3 passes. These passes are aboslutely perfect, and they're also skill set passes. You need enough velocity on the pass yet enough touch to put the ball in the correct place. Mind you, these are "crunch time" game winning/game on the line completions as well, so the pressure to make these perfect completions are perfectly evident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31HFT2GZBM

So yeah, tebow has velocity, but does he have touch? Can he fit a football in a spot where there's virtually no space for error? I think Merril Hoge has answered that question for us a few times on sports center lol.

No fair using facts & proof!

Archived