Patriots Sign Gaffney

Be_a_Jet

2 year deal according to reports. All I'm saying is WHAT THE HECK. They have like 100 receivers, and most of them are would be starters on other teams. I hope this means they don't give Welker a contract though.

**warning my numbers are exaggeration** (except for 2 year contract)

Another scrub WR, way to go NE. The only receivers that really matter there are Welker and Gronk.

Gaffney is a 10 year NFL Vet.

Gaffney was good enough to get drafted to the NFL after only his rsSo year at UF.

Gaffney was the #2 Bronco WR in 2010 behind only Pro Bowl WR B.Lloyd.

Gaffney was the #1 Skins WR in 2011.

Gaffney is just another Gator no talent scrub, just like the Pats/Gator TE Aaron Hernandez. (genius')

Gaffney was the best Patriots WR in 2006. Unfortunately I'll always remember him for a wide open drop in the end zone against the Broncos in the playoffs. He was always a team player though, and I would welcome him back as a role player. He would certainly bring more than Ochocinco did last year.

Gaffney was good enough to get drafted to the NFL after only his rsSo year at UF.

Gaffney is just another Gator no talent scrub, just like the Pats/Gator TE Aaron Hernandez. (genius')

I find it refreshing that you don't care that no one likes you.

Obvioulsy BB took last year's deficiencies to heart. No true third wide out and a hideous pass rush. Would have been nice if his attempts at addressing the safety poisition wasn't so messed-up.....

Anyway, the only guy I see having as close to a guaranteed spot on the team as any, is Lloyd. Probably Slater too - but he's a special team guy...part-time safety...who's listed as a wide out. Whatev...I suspect they keep six. LLoyd, Slater, probably Welker when he signs the tender...three more:

Branch, Gaffney, Edleman, Stallworth, Gonazles, OchoCinco, Underwood and the dude they drafted in the seventh round.

Edit: Tiguan released today.

Competition is good....but dang, this is 'gonna be a battle to the death.

Obvioulsy BB took last year's deficiencies to heart. No true third wide out and a hideous pass rush. Would have been nice if his attempts at addressing the safety poisition wasn't so messed-up.....

Anyway, the only guy I see having as close to a guaranteed spot on the team as any, is Lloyd. Probably Slater too - but he's a special team guy...part-time safety...who's listed as a wide out. Whatev...I suspect they keep six. LLoyd, Slater, probably Welker when he signs the tender...three more:

Branch, Gaffney, Edleman, Stallworth, Gonazles, OchoCinco, Underwood and the dude they drafted in the seventh round.

Edit: Tiguan released today.

Competition is good....but dang, this is 'gonna be a battle to the death.

At least it's more than a day before the Super Bowl this time.

Given Gaffney just has the best year of his career, with a bad QB, he has yet to pass 1000 yards in a season.

He's never topped more then 5 TD's a year.

He finished this past season 44th in receiving yard averages, behind Anthony Fasano, Preston Parker and Jerome Simpson.

He might have been a #1 and a #2 receiver at one point, but in NE's crowded group, he'll probably be at best #4 and he won't come close to the his stats from last year.

Given Gaffney just has the best year of his career, with a bad QB, he has yet to pass 1000 yards in a season.

He's never topped more then 5 TD's a year.

He finished this past season 44th in receiving yard averages, behind Anthony Fasano, Preston Parker and Jerome Simpson.

He might have been a #1 and a #2 receiver at one point, but in NE's crowded group, he'll probably be at best #4 and he won't come close to the his stats from last year.

Ideally...no one will duplicate there numbers. Rotate Gronk & Hernandez, Welker, Ocho, Gaffney, Branch & Llyodd, create nightmares and keep the legs fresh. If Vereen is healthy and shows he can catch the ball like he did in college, the Patriots are going to be a beast and might get 20 points in a Superbowl loss to the Giants.

Should I make the "Welker might not re-sign.. lets sign this beast" thread now or later?

He is not going anywhere....this year.

Ideally...no one will duplicate there numbers. Rotate Gronk & Hernandez, Welker, Ocho, Gaffney, Branch & Llyodd, create nightmares and keep the legs fresh. If Vereen is healthy and shows he can catch the ball like he did in college, the Patriots are going to be a beast and might get 20 points in a Superbowl loss to the Giants.

He is not going anywhere....this year.

Yeah, I know. I also don't care. We don't want him.

Yeah, I know. I also don't care. We don't want him.

Why? His area of excellence is about as far as Sanchez can throw it. ;)

Seriously, with Santonio, Hill and Keller, Wes would be a natural fit inside. Couple that with Shon Greene and the Jets could be dangerous. Of course, Rexie would never go for it.

I find it refreshing that you don't care that no one likes you.

Your attempts to 'speak for everybody' posting here is quite humorous to me.

That juvenile posture usually comes from those insecure in their own place in the world.

And I wouldn't bet a dime on everybody agreeing with 'your' opinions either.... :P

Your attempts to 'speak for everybody' posting here is quite humorous to me.

That juvenile posture usually comes from those insecure in their own place in the world.

And I wouldn't bet a dime on everybody agreeing with 'your' opinions either.... :P

No, I can pretty much speak for everyone when I say no one here likes you.

People disagree with my opinions here all the time, but its extremely rare for someone to make it personal with me. Someone would have to be a real dick for me to make it personal with them. It's just not my style.

You come out of nowhere claiming to be a Jets fan, spouting nothing but Tebow and Gator garbage, and it's obvious where your allegiance lies. Which is fine. But all your stat based stuff is long, boring, and ridiculously cherry picked. You try to dismiss anyone who sees thru your emperor with no clothes arguments as clueless, a moron, etc. I'm sure your tenure here will be short-lived. You'll either tire of convincing no one with your gasbag arguments, or you'll get banned. Which is also fine.

Archived