JN Mafia: Capture the Flag

Wouldn't it make more sense for the remaining teams to unite and take out the stragglers. Continuing to whittle down #'s of the other teams will only let them hang around.

I think it would make more sense to bring green down to our level so the playing field is even again

if we take out the stragglers then green has the advantage

If 80 is blue, then it puts the game at green 4 - yellow, red, blue at 2 each.

Makes more sense for blue, yellow, red to to isolate and kill a green in this day phase so this day doesn't get away from us. JC seemed to know his early train was driven by green, so...

vote crusher

Blow me.

Unvote

Vote Crusher

It's common ******* sense.

Unrelated, I'm in the process of switching from weight watchers (which is designed for people to figure out how to exploit it, and does nothing to lower blood pressure) to the dash diet. Dash is sorta like a whole foods almost vegetarian diet, at least the way im following it. (see the documentary Forks Over Knives) Not really concerned with weight loss, that'll happen naturally, but my blood pressure is the real issue. Are you familiar with dash? How does it compare to the paleo you had recommended?

Unrelated, I'm in the process of switching from weight watchers (which is designed for people to figure out how to exploit it, and does nothing to lower blood pressure) to the dash diet. Dash is sorta like a whole foods almost vegetarian diet, at least the way im following it. (see the documentary Forks Over Knives) Not really concerned with weight loss, that'll happen naturally, but my blood pressure is the real issue. Are you familiar with dash? How does it compare to the paleo you had recommended?

Forks over knives is a travesty. A ton of it is based on the China study which is horrible and I could spend the next hour poking holes in.I'm actually fine with vegetarians, especially those who eat real foods rather than soy based creations and bread bread bread. But I digress. Ultimately I recommend paleo as a template so people learn to cut out processed sh*t.

Dash looks good, I'd say cut out the grains to once a week sort of thing but whole, real foods from good sources will always lead to improved health.

Pm me if you want information.. These diets do work .. I have personal experiance with a similiar one called eat to live by Dr Fuhrman

If blood pressure is your biggest concern, dropping weight should be priority #1.. by any means necessary

Forks over knives is a travesty. A ton of it is based on the China study which is horrible and I could spend the next hour poking holes in.I'm actually fine with vegetarians, especially those who eat real foods rather than soy based creations and bread bread bread. But I digress. Ultimately I recommend paleo as a template so people learn to cut out processed sh*t.

If I had the energy, I'd love to debate that one.. i think you have some very bad information

Edited by CTM

Pm me if you want information.. These diets do work .. I have personal experiance with a similiar one called eat to live by Dr Fuhrman

If I had the energy, I'd love to debate that one.. i think you have some very bad information

Ditto.

Personally I think there's no right "specific" diet. Natural whole foods is the way to go. I just simply dont believe you can say there is one perfect diet. One thing I've learned about this is that there are thousands of arguments on both sides.

I don't argue pro-or anti vegetarian, I think we can all agree trans-fats, and sugar are essentially the root of many of our current health issues.

Ditto.

Personally I think there's no right "specific" diet. Natural whole foods is the way to go. I just simply dont believe you can say there is one perfect diet. One thing I've learned about this is that there are thousands of arguments on both sides.

I don't argue pro-or anti vegetarian, I think we can all agree trans-fats, and sugar are essentially the root of many of our current health issues.

Agree with that...

I do believe Fuhrman's diet is unequivocally the best for longevity and health, but it's an extremely restrictive diet and it's certainly not ideal for people wanting to put on mass (His core philosophy is maximizing the nutritional density of the foods you eat, ie Health = Nutrients / Calories). His nutritional pyramid has leafy green vegetables at it's base, for instance

Edited by CTM

Agree with that...

I do believe Fuhrman's diet is unequivocally the best for longevity and health, but it's an extremely restrictive diet and it's certainly not ideal for people wanting to put on mass (His core philosophy is maximizing the nutritional density of the foods you eat, ie Health = Nutrients / Calories). His nutritional pyramid has leafy green vegetables at it's base, for instance

Yea, and it all depends on your desires. Hell I'm not even "traditional paleo" in that I eat tons of potatoes, fruit and found I tolerate rice well. This is because I lift really ******* heavy. If I was strict anything I'd feel like sh*t. I tend to gravitate towards higher fat, and I know living on plant protein I'd hate life, because I did eat vegetarian for a year in college.

Anyways I am a total grey area person. I recommend paleo as a template for whole food eating. Then depending on your needs modify and experiment. I know tons of people who do great as vegetarians and tons who got sick as hell. Human body is far too complex to say 1 way is perfect. But I love that stuff.

Dash looks good, I'd say cut out the grains to once a week sort of thing but whole, real foods from good sources will always lead to improved health.

If blood pressure is your biggest concern, dropping weight should be priority #1.. by any means necessary

Paleo = caveman. Try this link. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

Changed our lifestyle 9 months ago...haven't looked back...

Yea, and it all depends on your desires. Hell I'm not even "traditional paleo" in that I eat tons of potatoes, fruit and found I tolerate rice well. This is because I lift really ******* heavy. If I was strict anything I'd feel like sh*t. I tend to gravitate towards higher fat, and I know living on plant protein I'd hate life, because I did eat vegetarian for a year in college.

Anyways I am a total grey area person. I recommend paleo as a template for whole food eating. Then depending on your needs modify and experiment. I know tons of people who do great as vegetarians and tons who got sick as hell. Human body is far too complex to say 1 way is perfect. But I love that stuff.

Word.. and I know the China study has plenty of valid critisicms fwiw.. I don't eat Chicken and Beef for ecological reasons, not health reasons.. I think the true issue is combining trans-fats with sugars (and white flour), like would typically be found in a typical fast food meal...

Before I had kids and really thought about resource depletion, I thrived on Atkins for a long time, basically nothing but animal products.. Currently I eat fish weekly, typically salmon as it's the most nutrient dense, and I eat whey protein shakes multiple times per day, which honestly I'd like to stop but when I cut out whey I was having a a hard time putting on muscle.. Out side of that it's mainly veggies / legumes / fruits.. i avoid white flour, cheese and sugar at all costs

Edited by CTM

Word.. and I know the China study has plenty of valid critisicms fwiw.. I don't eat Chicken and Beef for ecological reasons, not health reasons.. I think the true issue is combining trans-fats with sugars (and white flour), like would typically be found in a typical fast food meal...

Before I had kids and really thought about resource depletion, I thrived on Atkins for a long time, basically nothing but animal products

Yup and same for the way I eat. Plenty of arguments against it. I couldn't agree more, it's the highly processed crap that makes the human body go WTF and you get sick. When I see people POUNDING "zero sugar" coke I just shake my head.

FYI if we don't kill green team here then its Green 4, everyone else 6. That's a helluva voting advantage when no one knows who is on what team. Choose correctly. Choose Crusher.

Oh, and if they have the flag too? Game over.

Edited by Jetsfan80

If 80 is blue, then it puts the game at green 4 - yellow, red, blue at 2 each.

Makes more sense for blue, yellow, red to to isolate and kill a green in this day phase so this day doesn't get away from us. JC seemed to know his early train was driven by green, so...

vote crusher

Yeah but Im not green stupid. LOL

Yeah but Im not green stupid. LOL

Yeah right. So you just had no problem at all of killing off a red and yellow back to back. My death and flip makes it crystal clear you're on the green team.

Good going red/yellows. You just handed green team the game.

Edited by Jetsfan80

Yeah right. So you just had no problem at all of killing off a red and yellow back to back. My death and flip makes it crystal clear you're on the green team.

Good going red/yellows. You just handed green team the game.

sh*t I just started paying attention again today. LOL

Thanks for all the diet feedback guys, very helpful.

Blood pressure sorta snuck up on me. Scary, getting old sucks.

I'll make it easy. Losing weight will fix blood pressure..

Avoid processed foods (including white grains), trans fats and sugars, and you'll lose weight.. Basically try and eat whole foods