JN Mafia: Capture the Flag

Damn. Now that would have been a better opportunity for "that's what she said."

I served you up a softball, and you struck out. In softball team play, that just qualified as the next round of beer on you. I'll remember this the next time we find ourselves at the same bar.

Weight watchers is stupid. Anything based purely on calorie restriction is destined to fail, you HAVE to lift weight if you want to succeed long term. 1lb of muscle burns about 50 calories a day. For a typical person only on calorie restriction diet, you're going to lose like 1lb of muscle for every 3-5lbs of body fat you lose. The net result maybe be that you lose 50lbs, but 10lbs of it was Muscle, leaving you burning about 500 calories less per day, or a 1lb per week. Plus your body is clever during food restriction and figures out how to more efficiently use calories and you can further suppress your metabolism. This is why most dieters gain back more then they lost originally.

Even if it's only something like power 90, do strength training of some sort too..

This, exercising allows you to care less about calories and more about content/timing of food.

That's amazing. Did you check out that squat cycle I mentioned?

Yeah but right now I got Baby Crusher working for explosive power and durability. Our goal is to give him the same push in the last 5minutes of the game that he has in the first. Last year he was the best player 7 plays a game. LOL Coming outta 8th grade playing varsity he had the strength and the ferocity but could never keep him on the field. he just gassed. So we have him working with John to increase his muscular and cardiovascular endurance. He has him doing 45 minute routines (x2 a session) with nothing more that water breaks and "don;t be a bitch" breaks. Trying his best to simulate game type conditions. He is doing

1. sled pushing 30 yards 200-700lbs

2. snatch squats (sound dirty I likey)

3. deadlift cycles no break

4. running on an angle treadmill at full speed

5. running hills with a weight vest (75 -175lbs)

6. aqua-durance

7. different types hanging snatches with different bars to increase shoulder strength at every angle

8. hex bar deadlifts at weight for reps and burn (60-75% max)

9. kettle bell snatches and lifts with no break and full ROM (floor to belly to chest to overhead.... repeat)

10 neck muscle isolation work on a cybex machine

11. interval training squats no breaks front and back grip to failure

12. short burst heavy sled push for 5 yards only (ready set go, ready set go... repeat) (600-800 lbs, kid could actually lift it when he pounds it)

That program you got is something I would work with Little Sal and Baby Crusher during the off season. Plan on considering it for winter. Right now everything is condition and game readiness. Its TIME MOTHER****ERS BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This. Experiment with what you like eating. Some people like low fat, others high, some more plant based. Just make it real food and avoid trans fats and sugars.

Also remember that meat/fat is more calorically dense then plant based food. If you are eating a lot of veggies, you get to eat a lot more, specifically fiber, which makes it pretty much impossible to break down and binge later in day or at night..

This isn't exactly what i was looking for, but imagine being on 1575 cal a day diet, below is how much good food you could eat versus bad food. The right side obviously leaves you feeling very satisfied and is more likely to be followed

EnergyDensityPR.jpg

Edited by CTM

So crusher is one of the only people that gets the better of you, and that's only cause you take it easy on him?

Do you actually believe the stuff you type?

It was supposed to be an ironic statement. Knowing how you guys think, and what you like to break my chops about, do you actually think I don't put stuff like that out there just for those purposes?

Like the other day when I said something like "I'm the best there ever was or will be at not boasting". Sometimes I'm more subtle, sometimes less.

Anyway, nothing gets by you... beep boop bop boop!!!

It was supposed to be an ironic statement. Knowing how you guys think, and what you like to break my chops about, do you actually think I don't put stuff like that out there just for those purposes?

Like the other day when I said something like "I'm the best there ever was or will be at not boasting". Sometimes I'm more subtle, sometimes less.

Anyway, nothing gets by you... beep boop bop boop!!!

see i was letting you think you successfully trolled me but you blew it

Also remember that meat/fat is more calorically dense then plant based food. If you are eating a lot of veggies, you get to eat a lot more, specifically fiber, which makes it pretty much impossible to break down and binge later in day or at night..

This isn't exactly what i was looking for, but imagine being on 1575 cal a day diet, below is how much good food you could eat versus bad food. The right side obviously leaves you feeling very satisfied and is more likely to be followed

EnergyDensityPR.jpg

OMG HELP WHY does the right side look yummier? DAMN YOU

My new teacher is a very attractive 25 year old italian girl.. Makes lessons all the more enjoyable

Be careful Italian woman are dangerous. Yet known for their bountiful bushes. Probably worth the risk for a man who enjoys teh furrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr like yourself.

Weight watchers is stupid. Anything based purely on calorie restriction is destined to fail, you HAVE to lift weight if you want to succeed long term. 1lb of muscle burns about 50 calories a day. For a typical person only on calorie restriction diet, you're going to lose like 1lb of muscle for every 3-5lbs of body fat you lose. The net result maybe be that you lose 50lbs, but 10lbs of it was Muscle, leaving you burning about 500 calories less per day, or a 1lb per week. Plus your body is clever during food restriction and figures out how to more efficiently use calories and you can further suppress your metabolism. This is why most dieters gain back more then they lost originally.

Even if it's only something like power 90, do strength training of some sort too..

Agreed. I've learned this the hard way, too... the 25 pound I have lost, some of it's blatantly been muscle.

It's amazing how much I thought I knew about nutrition. I learned to cook in a restaurant though... so even when we weren't going out to eat, we were eating restaurant food, technically. Horrible for both of us.

Yup, that's really the best way to learn. Like as much as I love fruit... I don't tolerate it well unless I'm eating pre/post workout. Excess sugar, even natural, tends to irritate my stomach. I also despise low fat meat. I get no joy out of eating it. Anyways good for you, the steps you're taking are the right ones.

Thanks. At this point I think I've isolated dairy (except yogurt with live cultures) and alcohol as the 2 triggers of my stomach problems. Both should be easy to either eliminate or at least consume less of, in particular those 6.5% alc micropussy beers.

You forgot grilled corn.

YUM. You are correct.

I served you up a softball, and you struck out. In softball team play, that just qualified as the next round of beer on you. I'll remember this the next time we find ourselves at the same bar.

I'm apparently not a team player... and just a thug turd... *throws helmet and undresses his coach or something like that rage rage rage*

Yeah but right now I got Baby Crusher working for explosive power and durability. Our goal is to give him the same push in the last 5minutes of the game that he has in the first. Last year he was the best player 7 plays a game. LOL Coming outta 8th grade playing varsity he had the strength and the ferocity but could never keep him on the field. he just gassed. So we have him working with John to increase his muscular and cardiovascular endurance. He has him doing 45 minute routines (x2 a session) with nothing more that water breaks and "don;t be a bitch" breaks. Trying his best to simulate game type conditions. He is doing

1. sled pushing 30 yards 200-700lbs

2. snatch squats (sound dirty I likey)

3. deadlift cycles no break

4. running on an angle treadmill at full speed

5. running hills with a weight vest (75 -175lbs)

6. aqua-durance

7. different types hanging snatches with different bars to increase shoulder strength at every angle

8. hex bar deadlifts at weight for reps and burn (60-75% max)

9. kettle bell snatches and lifts with no break and full ROM (floor to belly to chest to overhead.... repeat)

10 neck muscle isolation work on a cybex machine

11. interval training squats no breaks front and back grip to failure

12. short burst heavy sled push for 5 yards only (ready set go, ready set go... repeat) (600-800 lbs, kid could actually lift it when he pounds it)

That program you got is something I would work with Little Sal and Baby Crusher during the off season. Plan on considering it for winter. Right now everything is condition and game readiness. Its TIME MOTHER****ERS BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would love to train with him. THAT is the kind of training I LOOOOVE. Goal is to squat 375@155 lbs. Since my thing is crossfit, absolute strength will help. Long story but I'm not at a gym right now, training out of my friends garage, which is small and low ceilings. SO I can't do olympic lifting or crossfit stuff. So I figured, IMMA SQUAT BITCHES.

SO don't eat the chips.

Best advice ever.

Seems simple enough and at first it is, before drinking all of the beer. And then since it's my place, anything that's leftover is now left behind in my place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's impossible to manage, it was just a lot easier a couple of months back before all of this started up.

EnergyDensityPR.jpg

I think the fiber argument is again, to the individual. I can eat 3 servings of fatty meat a day and feel satiated throughout the day. Leafy greens have never made me feel full for longer than an hour. Just the way my body is hardwired I suppose. I think that's another reason I HATE low fat meat. I eat it and I'm hungry like an hour or 2 after. If I eat an 8 ounce piece of steak I'm solid for 4-6 hours.

Ape- If you don't go full vegetarian, look for meat from GOOD sources. Grass fed meat has higher vitamin ratios than the commercial stuff as well as the "good vs bad fat" ratios. What CTM is saying is a great point. The more NUTRIENT dense your food is the healthier you are. Leafy greens, good sources of meat, natural starches, etc.

Edited by Vicious89x

Seems simple enough and at first it is, before drinking all of the beer. And then since it's my place, anything that's leftover is now left behind in my place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's impossible to manage, it was just a lot easier a couple of months back before all of this started up.

Yea, once you throw booze in it makes it hard. That's why I'm lame, I drink like once a quarter. Lulz.

I would love to train with him. THAT is the kind of training I LOOOOVE. Goal is to squat 375@155 lbs. Since my thing is crossfit, absolute strength will help. Long story but I'm not at a gym right now, training out of my friends garage, which is small and low ceilings. SO I can't do olympic lifting or crossfit stuff. So I figured, IMMA SQUAT BITCHES.

Thats how it is in my garage as well. I got the power cage and deadlift platform. 2000lbs pounds of weight. ZERO ceiling clearance. LOL Im training Sal in the morning before school on the basic olympic lifts and then at Johns three night a week for endurance and overhead type lifts.

Thats how it is in my garage as well. I got the power cage and deadlift platform. 2000lbs pounds of weight. ZERO ceiling clearance. LOL Im training Sal in the morning before school on the basic olympic lifts and then at Johns three night a week for endurance and overhead type lifts.

Awesome. I hope to train my boys some day in the ways of Louie Simmons.

How old are you again? Like 25 or so right?

By the time you are 35 most of the people you should be socializing with will have come to the point of their lives that most of us are speaking from.... doctor telling you all to get in shape, the novelty of all the beer fat you gained in your 20's wears off, hopefully you found a girl who will take care of your slovenly a$$, and then the chips will be replaced by veggie platters almost magically, the wings replaced with hummus dip, hot chicks spilling beer down their chins onto their skimpy tops replaced with your friends annoying girlfriends and wives and kids, and so on...

The only way I can see you expediting this transition is to find a woman that everyone adores, and let her change the party menu. If you do it, you will get wedgies.

Also, you are an old ****. lol

lol

I saw that... after I hit "post"

As you know I have struggle with my weight forever. LOL Did all diets with success then got depressed and ballooned up. They all work at a level as long as you do it, then fail when you stop. But if you never read this book look it up and read it. Not by any chance an end all end all. But it's pretty fascinating. I definately find it pretty on for me., Great read you guys should check it out

eat-right-4-your-type-cover.jpg

I think the fiber argument is again, to the individual. I can eat 3 servings of fatty meat a day and feel satiated throughout the day. Leafy greens have never made me feel full for longer than an hour. Just the way my body is hardwired I suppose. I think that's another reason I HATE low fat meat. I eat it and I'm hungry like an hour or 2 after. If I eat an 8 ounce piece of steak I'm solid for 4-6 hours. Ape- If you don't go full vegetarian, look for meat from GOOD sources. Grass fed meat has higher vitamin ratios than the commercial stuff as well as the "good vs bad fat" ratios. What CTM is saying is a great point. The more NUTRIENT dense your food is the healthier you are. Leafy greens, good sources of meat, natural starches, etc.

This has been the predominant theme between each of the new diet approaches I've been investigating. Noted.

Awesome. I hope to train my boys some day in the ways of Louie Simmons.

Little Sal maxed squatted and the little piss and vinegar dog squatted 190 at 127 lbs. Pretty freaking descent after 2months of training. I put more whey protein, Casein protein, Greek yogurt and fresh berries down that little rascals gullet then I ever did baby Crusher. LOL

Ape- If you don't go full vegetarian, look for meat from GOOD sources. Grass fed meat has higher vitamin ratios than the commercial stuff as well as the "good vs bad fat" ratios. What CTM is saying is a great point. The more NUTRIENT dense your food is the healthier you are. Leafy greens, good sources of meat, natural starches, etc.

I think the ferver with which you work out puts you in a different category then a lazy pig like gaype...

I'm not advocating vegetarianism, I'm simply saying that eating lots of foods with low energy density will help most people feel full while still running a caloric density. I've seen plenty of people starve themselves all week on something like weight watchers, then break down and binge and kill a weeks worth of calorie deficit in 1 sitting.

Fat does satiate, but the problem is you are getting very minimal amounts of micro nutrients

Little Sal maxed squatted and the little piss and vinegar dog squatted 190 at 127 lbs. Pretty freaking descent after 2months of training. I put more whey protein, Casein protein, Greek yogurt and fresh berries down that little rascals gullet then I ever did baby Crusher. LOL

That's awesome. Once he hits that 2x bodyweight mark you should be a proud papa. I'm craving the 2.5x bodyweight squat.

This has been the predominant theme between each of the new diet approaches I've been investigating. Noted.

That's Dr Fuhrman's entire thing (Nutritional density). Read Eat to Live, it's like 9 bucks on Amazon and while he overly advocates veganism imo, most of what he says is very informative and helpful..

Even when I have salads, I try and use nut based dressing rather then oil based ones. The nut based dressing comes with fiber and vitamins/minerals along with Omega 3's and 6's, whereas oil based dressing are just pure fat and provide very little nutrition

Edited by CTM

I think the ferver with which you work out puts you in a different category then a lazy pig like gaype...

I'm not advocating vegetarianism, I'm simply saying that eating lots of foods with low energy density will help most people feel full while still running a caloric density. I've seen plenty of people starve themselves all week on something like weight watchers, then break down and binge and kill a weeks worth of calorie deficit in 1 sitting.

Fat does satiate, but the problem is you are getting very minimal amounts of micro nutrients

Yeah, other than about 40 minutes of TOTALLY INTENSE walking per day for my commute. I don't really do sh*t lately. We haven't had time to get the mountain bikes, kayaks or anything else out.... just sedentary and running around with the wedding stuff.

And yeah, I can kill a whole week's worth of diet and discipline with one trip to the bar.

That's Dr Fuhrman's entire thing. Read Eat to Live, it's like 9 bucks on Amazon and while he overly advocates veganism imo, most of what he says is very informative and helpful..

Even when I have salads, I try and use nut based dressing rather then oil based ones. The nut based dressing comes with fiber and vitamins/minerals along with Omega 3's and 6's, whereas oil based dressing are just pure fat and provide very little nutrition

So.. whenever eating a big carrot, don't forget the nuts. Got it.

lol

Makes sense. I'll get the book this weekend.

Yeah, other than about 40 minutes of TOTALLY INTENSE walking per day for my commute. I don't really do sh*t lately. We haven't had time to get the mountain bikes, kayaks or anything else out.... just sedentary and running around with the wedding stuff.

And yeah, I can kill a whole week's worth of diet and discipline with one trip to the bar.

Go swing from tree to tree in the backyard you lazy simian cock. Go back to old school.

Definitely. And it all depends on your macro nutrient ratios. For as much meat I eat, I also eat an absurd amount of leafy greens. I buy 6 heads of lettuce a week for my wife, 4 year old and myself a week.

Key is to eat stuff with good stuff in it and feel satisfied doing it. Doing any diet change miserable will mean you break down at some point.

So.. whenever eating a big carrot, don't forget the nuts. Got it.

lol

Makes sense. I'll get the book this weekend.

Ahah.. what's funny is you are 100% right. Eating fat with veggies/fruits helps with nutrient absorption... I always make sure my kids have a good source of fat with there meals, even if it's just a spoonful of peanut butter