NBA Finals thread: Heat vs Thunder

Blackout

Heat never trailed in game 2, yet the refs are the reason they won. Let's also forget about the charge that was not called when Durant barreled into Battier. KD shouldn't have even been in the game. NBA Finals, final seconds to win a game, 2 superstars going at it, KD got a good look and got the shot off....GOOD NO CALL. Only way you don't swallow the whistle is if Lebron wraps him up and he cant get off the shot.

It's not even that the Heat's flopping would make the dynasty Spurs blush. It's that you sound like Simmons bitching that people didn't adore the Patriots enough even though they were such an admirable collection of gritty throwback champions. Your team's going to win a championship on Sunday. If you want to piss and moan about the narrative surrounding it, I'd suggest literally any place in the universe other than a Jets message board.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my one concern with OKC and its played out specifically with Westbrook and Harden. Harden is so bad that hes costing himself money when he finally hits free agency. He looks lost. Westbrook is doing exactly what I feared and thats regressing back and being crazy with his selection. Magic went way overboard with the criticism of game 2, but between the first half and his handling of the last few possessions of that game he did lose the game for them. And unless he is redhot he should never be telling Durant to get out of his way. On that last possession where they threw the ball away he wasnt even in the huddle listening to the play and was certainly a key part of the late game meltdown with all the turnovers.

Durant really needs to be more aggressive with the way they are calling fouls. He threw up some bad looking close range shots towards the end of the game. If that was Lebron they would probably call fouls but he attacks aggressively. Durant is a pa$$ive attack. Its the same reason why he didnt get that foul call at the end of game 2. You cant, in these situations, go in and look to throw floaters or avoid the contact by twisting around. He cant come in with the same head of steam as James but you have to go up looking like you are going to knock somebody down when you go into them. When you go up high and plan for a dunk you will get the calls. When you glide and float to the rim and barely leave the ground you arent giving them any reason to call foul, especially when you arent falling all over the place when you do get hit.

Its a good experience for the young Thunder but they just have not been mature enough to handle these games yet.

I know that their listed weights only differ by 20 lbs, but in reality, it's more like 50.... not to mention that LeBron is prob 5x as strong as Durant. I would say that's a pretty big factor in the difference between how they get to the rim.

It's not even that the Heat's flopping would make the dynasty Spurs blush. It's that you sound like Simmons bitching that people didn't adore the Patriots enough even though they were such an admirable collection of gritty throwback champions. Your team's going to win a championship on Sunday. If you want to piss and moan about the narrative surrounding it, I'd suggest literally any place in the universe other than a Jets message board.

Hate the Miami Heat for pulling off the biggest FA signings in a offseason of all time. Hate Lebron for teaming up with Wade and Bosh. Say he can't get it done by himself and he needed lots of help. But this referee b.s. has got to stop.

Hate the Miami Heat for pulling off the biggest FA signings in a offseason of all time. Hate Lebron for teaming up with Wade and Bosh. Say he can't get it done by himself and he needed lots of help. But this referee b.s. has got to stop.

Quick - name one call this series that has gone against LeBron.

Quick - name one call this series that has gone against LeBron.

He was the leading vote getter for the ALL Defensive Team for a reason. Great body control and most, if not all of his blocks come from chase downs and from weak side help where it's hard to get called for a foul.

He was the leading vote getter for the ALL Defensive Team for a reason. Great body control and most, if not all of his blocks come from chase downs and from weak side help where it's hard to get called for a foul.

He has 10 turnovers through 3 games, yet not one of them has been for a violation of any sort.... all were due to being careless with the ball. In last years Finals, he racked up 10 violations that resulted in turnovers that series.

I suppose he has improved his body control so much this offseason that he's managed to avoid picking up a single charge, offensive foul, travel, double-dribble, etc.

As far as the defensive end, that was a clear foul at the end of Game 2 and again last night, when Durant took that shot with around a minute to go, James was once again driving his forearm into his body the entire time.

Considering how often he initiates contact to get calls and the touch fouls they give him around the basket, the refs have been letting him get away with an awful lot on defense.

Right, because winning a championship is only fun if no one trolls you along the way. LeBron's getting the Jordan treatment and Durant's getting the Sheed treatment. People are rightfully upset about it. If you're too butthurt to enjoy winning a title, at least sack up and keep the woe-is-Heat bitching to yourself.

He has 10 turnovers through 3 games, yet not one of them has been for a violation of any sort.... all were due to being careless with the ball. In last years Finals, he racked up 10 violations that resulted in turnovers that series.

I suppose he has improved his body control so much this offseason that he's managed to avoid picking up a single charge, offensive foul, travel, double-dribble, etc.

As far as the defensive end, that was a clear foul at the end of Game 2 and again last night, when Durant took that shot with around a minute to go, James was once again driving his forearm into his body the entire time.

Considering how often he initiates contact to get calls and the touch fouls they give him around the basket, the refs have been letting him get away with an awful lot on defense.

I alrady gave my thoughts on that game 2 play on Durant. As for Traveling and Double Dribbles....really?? I think there has been one travel called all series and it was against haslem. Durant's problem is the reach. He has the long arms and he's always poking in trying to get a steal and he gets called on it.

Right, because winning a championship is only fun if no one trolls you along the way. LeBron's getting the Jordan treatment and Durant's getting the Sheed treatment. People are rightfully upset about it. If you're too butthurt to enjoy winning a title, at least sack up and keep the woe-is-Heat bitching to yourself.

LOL I'm bitching about your bitching!I LOVE the hate. It's going to make it that much sweeter if we do win a ship. Blaming the refs is the lamest and most popular thing to do in sports right now and it's annoying as ****.

the NBA has no reason to want Lebron to win a title this year

if he does then there goes a good chuck of the "Chatter" about the NBA itself

meanwhile if Durant wins a ring he's only 23 and they can put him on a pedestal for a decade plus

I alrady gave my thoughts on that game 2 play on Durant.

Of course you did, but that doesn't mean that you're not wrong.

As for Traveling and Double Dribbles....really?? I think there has been one travel called all series and it was against haslem.

I was simply mentioning the different types of violations that could result in a turnover, since you might not know, as LeBron and Wade are never called for them. For the record though, it was Chalmers who was called for a travel... as have Harden and Sefalosha (twice).

Durant's problem is the reach. He has the long arms and he's always poking in trying to get a steal and he gets called on it.

So, if he played his man closer and instead rammed a forearm in his opponents ribs and/or hip, he'd stay out of foul trouble?

The and-one they gave LeBron last game was another bad call that was aided by a nice acting job. Durant misses LeBron's head (despite the grimace from James) and gets all ball/hand, yet the King gets the call:

LeBron_KD_foul.jpg

Of course you did, but that doesn't mean that you're not wrong.

I was simply mentioning the different types of violations that could result in a turnover, since you might not know, as LeBron and Wade are never called for them. For the record though, it was Chalmers who was called for a travel... as have Harden and Sefalosha (twice).

So, if he played his man closer and instead rammed a forearm in his opponents ribs and/or hip, he'd stay out of foul trouble?

The and-one they gave LeBron last game was another bad call that was aided by a nice acting job. Durant misses LeBron's head (despite the grimace from James) and gets all ball/hand, yet the King gets the call:

LeBron_KD_foul.jpg

^ Drive to the basket and be aggressive and you get calls like this.This is nothing new. Durant choses to shoot from the outside and so has westbrook. Funny thing is Lebron gets fouled numerous times at the hoop but it goes uncalled. Steve Javie even said he used to ref him like he was shaq. He's so phyical that a normal nudge or hit doesnt stop him from getting to the basket and they are no calls. Any other player who's rythym is stopped would get the calls LBJ doesn't get because of his strength.

^ Drive to the basket and be aggessive and you get calls like this.This is nothing new. Durant choses to shoot from the outside and so has westbrook.

If "be aggressive" is synonymous with "feign contact", then yes, this is something that Wade and James do exceptionally well and OKC does not.

You know the one thing that's still been solidified in this Finals is that Knick fans are still far and away the best in the league. I'm so sick and tired of seeing large crowds of white people all agreeing to dress the same. sh*t makes my penis soft.

OKC might be worse considering half the people in the crowd have a collared shirt tucked into their jeans under a jersey. Then again I'm sure there's plenty of dudes in the Miami crowd who bedazzled their white v-necks.

You know the one thing that's still been solidified in this Finals is that Knick fans are still far and away the best in the league. I'm so sick and tired of seeing large crowds of white people all agreeing to dress the same. sh*t makes my penis soft.

OKC might be worse considering half the people in the crowd have a collared shirt tucked into their jeans under a jersey. Then again I'm sure there's plenty of dudes in the Miami crowd who bedazzled their white v-necks.

Right. I can't even fathom someone trying to get the garden crowd to have an orange or blue out. Dude would just get laughed at.

For all his faults, I absolutely love westbrook's intensity. Kid plays like the entire Miami team collectively insulted his mom or something.

Right. I can't even fathom someone trying to get the garden crowd to have an orange or blue out. Dude would just get laughed at.

For all his faults, I absolutely love westbrook's intensity. Kid plays like the entire Miami team collectively insulted his mom or something.

I don't get everyone coming down on the kid so hard. He's one of the main reasons they're even in this position. They sure as hell don't steamroll LA if he hadn't gone HAM for the last two games. Kid was lights out for the entire postseason up until Game 2. He's 23, this is what happens. 'Well he needs to do this with his game, and stop doing this, and learn to do this.' Yes, he's a 4th year player in his early 20's, that's usually the case. Not to mention the fact that he's already a borderline top 10 player.

I don't get everyone coming down on the kid so hard. He's one of the main reasons they're even in this position. They sure as hell don't steamroll LA if he hadn't gone HAM for the last two games. Kid was lights out for the entire postseason up until Game 2. He's 23, this is what happens. 'Well he needs to do this with his game, and stop doing this, and learn to do this.' Yes, he's a 4th year player in his early 20's, that's usually the case. Not to mention the fact that he's already a borderline top 10 player.

Yea, I was pretty surprised Magic went so hard on him. I guess compared to his first few years in the playoffs, everyone pretty much pales in comparison, but for as well as Westbrook has played, I thought the criticism was quite harsh.

You're right though, he's very young and with that comes inconsistency. He'll have games like game three, but then he'll tear the heart out of your team like he's doing in this first quarter. When he's playing like that, not only can he carry the team offensively, but he's the catalyst for their entire offensive explosion. I remember praying that he fell to us back in '08, I certainly could live with his play as our stating pg.

Yea, I was pretty surprised Magic went so hard on him. I guess compared to his first few years in the playoffs, everyone pretty much pales in comparison, but for as well as Westbrook has played, I thought the criticism was quite harsh.

You're right though, he's very young and with that comes inconsistency. He'll have games like game three, but then he'll tear the heart out of your team like he's doing in this first quarter. When he's playing like that, not only can he carry the team offensively, but he's the catalyst for their entire offensive explosion. I remember praying that he fell to us back in '08, I certainly could live with his play as our stating pg.

Yeah. So he's pretty good right now.

Win or lose the championship Miami should trade Wade in the offseason. They would get a ransom for him from a team like the Nets because of the name but he just isnt even close to the same guy. His explosion, for the most part, is gone. I think 3 times he got blocked trying to dunk and he is so much more tentative around the basket. Unless that knee really just needs rest I think Miami can improve even more by finding the right trade before its obvious to everyone that his days as a A talent are done.

Man, Westbrook with the pseudo-Webber. Poor guy, that was one of the all-time great performances in the Finals tonight by him.

I hope nobody is getting on him. He kept the team in the game all night. There is one guy to get on for this whole series and its Harden. Hes a total disaster. Totally overcome by the situation. I get that hes young but I cant see any team forking over huge money to make him a starter after this This is the kind of performance that sticks with you for years.

I hope nobody is getting on him. He kept the team in the game all night. There is one guy to get on for this whole series and its Harden. Hes a total disaster. Totally overcome by the situation. I get that hes young but I cant see any team forking over huge money to make him a starter after this This is the kind of performance that sticks with you for years.

I felt like I made him miss that open layup with my mind. Which is bad, because I was a huge fan of his up until this series.

Archived