NBA Finals thread: Heat vs Thunder

Blackout

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooks has to shoulder some of the blame for his players not being aware that they didn't need to foul if Miami won the tip.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Or Fisher at least for not yelling it out. A group this young, it's your job to know that there are some serious nerves working in a situation like that which they've never seen before.

Maybe, and if they do, here's more self-fellating for Broadway.

That's right bitches. Miami wins on Thursday and I'll have predicted the last two Finals on the button. EAD.

YOU SIR, are the anti-Ecurb!

damn, you are spot on!!

Ecurb meanwhile predicted Cleveland would be just as good as Miami last year alongside a slew of other bad teams :D

For as great as Westbrook was last night, he's had some boneheaded plays down the stretch. Dribbling the ball off his leg, the inbounds play in game 3 and the obvious one from last night.

I'd blame it on Brooks, but Westbrook doesn't even pay attention in the huddles so who knows.

For as great as Westbrook was last night, he's had some boneheaded plays down the stretch. Dribbling the ball off his leg, the inbounds play in game 3 and the obvious one from last night.

I'd blame it on Brooks, but Westbrook doesn't even pay attention in the huddles so who knows.

Or how about at the end of the half, less than 15 seconds and rather than run the clock out for final shot, he drives to the basket and kicks it out to Suckalosha, who of course misses it, and then Heat get about 7 seconds to take last shot.

Or how about at the end of the half, less than 15 seconds and rather than run the clock out for final shot, he drives to the basket and kicks it out to Suckalosha, who of course misses it, and then Heat get about 7 seconds to take last shot.

What's more irritating to me is the argument "well the Heat get the calls because they can get to the bucket" Westbrook pretty much got to the bucket every time down the floor last night and shot 3 free throws. Yeah. Ok.

I felt like I made him miss that open layup with my mind. Which is bad, because I was a huge fan of his up until this series.

Thats about the only logical reason to have missed that. He was all over the place trying to dribble. It was like the old Sky-Walker days of not being able to handle the ball. Then he basically overruns the basket not knowing if he wants to dunk or lay it up and then decides to just miss. He doesn't even look like an NBA player this series.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Or Fisher at least for not yelling it out. A group this young, it's your job to know that there are some serious nerves working in a situation like that which they've never seen before.

I think Westbrook just had a brain cramp. People said they heard Brooks telling every player the situation and even had them all look up at the shot clock to see that it read 5 and not 24. I think Westbrook just got caught up in the moment,

Having watched that play again, and its been a problem with all the Thunder all series, the real culprit is just lack of moving. Durant had a great shot at the ball but rather than moving and jumping straight up and getting it he is standing there and then does some crazy flop backwards jump which allows Battier to knock his arm and the ball away from him. On top of that they let Battier get in a great position to just leak to the basket while the Thunder stood and watched. I cant even count the amount of times that Miami misses a shot, 4 guys on the Thunder stand there and the ball goes to Chris Bosh 10 feet away from the basket or the amount of times Miami takes a shot, the Thunder all turn around and look, and James comes in for an easy rebound and putback layup. Its lazy basketball. They didnt play like this against San Antonio at all. Totally spooked by the situation.

Totally spooked by the situation.

That's the series in a nutshell. All 3 of their loses was decided in the final minutes after blown leads, idiotic plays, and careless or lazy basketball.

The Thunder should come out in diapers for Game 5 the way they crapped their pants this series.

I think Westbrook just had a brain cramp. People said they heard Brooks telling every player the situation and even had them all look up at the shot clock to see that it read 5 and not 24. I think Westbrook just got caught up in the moment,

Having watched that play again, and its been a problem with all the Thunder all series, the real culprit is just lack of moving. Durant had a great shot at the ball but rather than moving and jumping straight up and getting it he is standing there and then does some crazy flop backwards jump which allows Battier to knock his arm and the ball away from him. On top of that they let Battier get in a great position to just leak to the basket while the Thunder stood and watched. I cant even count the amount of times that Miami misses a shot, 4 guys on the Thunder stand there and the ball goes to Chris Bosh 10 feet away from the basket or the amount of times Miami takes a shot, the Thunder all turn around and look, and James comes in for an easy rebound and putback layup. Its lazy basketball. They didnt play like this against San Antonio at all. Totally spooked by the situation.

Yeah that's it in a nutshell. You can't stick a bunch of kids in their early 20's up against a group of guys who've all been to the Finals several times over and expect that won't be a factor. Out of their top 8 guys for MPG the only one that hasn't made it to this level is Battier, and he's been in the league for so long and the postseason so many times that he hasn't had a problem approaching this at all. That swat he made at the end is the difference between a calm veteran and a nervous youngster.

It's not even so much with Lebron and Wade, it's with the way the guys around them have stepped up and made plays. Battier earlier in the series, Chalmers was pretty great last night, ditto for Cole, even Bosh has made a couple of heads-up, clutch plays when needs be. You have to respect the fact that he took a step back and realized he needed to really start crashing the boards for Miami to match up better.

Prof. RJF has been money with his Finals predictions. Thunder wilted under pressure. Westbrook and Harden crapped the bed.

Congrats, Heat, at least we get this title out of the way and we can just concentrate on basketball next year

Prof. RJF has been money with his Finals predictions. Thunder wilted under pressure. Westbrook and Harden crapped the bed.

Congrats, Heat, at least we get this title out of the way and we can just concentrate on basketball next year

Durant knocks down a 3 and guaranteed the next time down the floor Westbrook or Harden are trying their next And 1 mixtape move.

I stopped watching too.

Again, this is probably the best outcome for the NBA because we can now stop with the Superfriends/Big Three/Miami Heat obsession.

They won their title and now we can just care about basketball next year rather than focus on the Heat soap opera.

lmao at people on here crying

it was clear Miami was kicking their ass all day

What the heck are you crowing about? Your Celtics blew a 3-2 series lead with a chance to win another championship. Now LeBronellating?

What the heck are you crowing about? Your Celtics blew a 3-2 series lead with a chance to win another championship. Now LeBronellating?

Real recognize real

some of you guys appear to be too sissy to realize this but game recognize game son and i recognize that Lebron deserves his title

the guy didn't rape anybody but yet people hate him like he stole christmas

Maybe, and if they do, here's more self-fellating for Broadway.

That's right bitches. Miami wins on Thursday and I'll have predicted the last two Finals on the button. EAD.

Go to town on yourself my friend, self-fellate away. But why don't you use those talents and predict a Jets or Knicks championship. My BP wouldn't be as high and I'd be more tolerable to be around...slightly.

Real recognize real

some of you guys appear to be too sissy to realize this but game recognize game son and i recognize that Lebron deserves his title

the guy didn't rape anybody but yet people hate him like he stole christmas

And when you grow up, you'll realize that you can respect someone's game yet still irrationally hate someone. Ie. Respect the hell out of Curt Schilling's game, definite HOFer in my eyes, but the dude could masturbate with a glove made out of sandpaper for all I care.

Archived