2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

Just now, SenorGato said:

We must be reading very different posts then. 

Nah, I think he made one remark, that you could have blown off given that it occurred right in the middle of the Cubs winning the WS for the first time in 108 years. Similar to how I made one remark about Mo at some point a few months ago... can't remember... and you bit hard, then realized you bit hard, and have been double-timing it trying to present a narrative about his tantrum. You're out-posting him at a 3-1 clip, minimum.

I'm glad for you that the Cubs won. More glad that instead of celebrating, you're peeing down your leg. It's what you do, just own it. It's great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Nah, I think he made one remark, that you could have blown off given that it occurred right in the middle of the Cubs winning the WS for the first time in 108 years. Similar to how I made one remark about Mo at some point a few months ago... can't remember... and you bit hard, then realized you bit hard, and have been double-timing it trying to present a narrative about his tantrum. You're out-posting him at a 3-1 clip, minimum.

I'm glad for you that the Cubs won. More glad that instead of celebrating, you're peeing down your leg. It's what you do, just own it. It's great. 

That you still feel some type of way about some nonsense argument we had, likely from January-March this year, that likely didn't happen as you recall it now makes me think you are also mad. Lol, I was not aware of this pile of butt hurt I'd have following me around JN in 2016 but it gets more and more funny by the day. 

That you still feel some type of way about some nonsense argument we had, likely from January-March this year, that likely didn't happen as you recall it now makes me think you are also mad. Lol, I was not aware of this pile of butt hurt I'd have following me around JN in 2016 but it gets more and more funny by the day. 

Yea, bruh, that's it. 

Definitely seems like it, broski. No reason for me to think otherwise since clearly it still eats at you. 

See, my other post was right, the slightest of tweaks and you get all uppity trying to prove you're not uppity. I thought you were a pot head, shouldn't you be all chill?

Anyway... tag you're it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

See, my other post was right, the slightest of tweaks and you get all uppity trying to prove you're not uppity. I thought you were a pot head, shouldn't you be all chill?

Anyway... tag you're it.

My guess is the last winter exchange you still feel some type of way about went down exActly like this one is right now....

- You interject thinking you've got some brilliant scheme going where I get got

- I don't get got 

- You insist otherwise

- You get mad and hold grudge over the plans ineffeciveness for months on end, hope for better results later when you try the same trick

You're just another one on the pile, bruh, and I've handled you with ease for years now. 

My guess is the last winter exchange you still feel some type of way about went down exActly like this one is right now....

- You interject thinking you've got some brilliant scheme going where I get got

- I don't get got 

- You insist otherwise

- You get mad and hold grudge over the plans ineffeciveness for months on end, hope for better results later when you try the same trick

lol, wut?

I referenced the last time I tweaked you into a melt, because I knew mention of it would make this melt even more fantastic. I was right. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, wut?

I referenced the last time I tweaked you into a melt, because I knew mention of it would make this melt even more fantastic. I was right. 

You understand the difference between being right and imaging you're right, no? This seems to be going about as poorly as your big master plan early in the year - to the point where you still feel upset about it despite all this melting down I'm totes doing and I'm lol'ing at the pettiness. 

Anyway buddy, keep telling yourself what you need to. If you believe, you can achieve! 

You understand the difference between being right and imaging you're right, no? This seems to be going about as poorly as your big master plan early in the year - to the point where you still feel upset and I'm lol'ing at the pettiness. 

If it was actually going well for you, you wouldn't need to keep repeating your version of what is happening. 

Amateur.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If it was actually going well for you, you wouldn't need to keep repeating your version of what is happening. 

Amateur.

I've stated it once lol. You came in with this grudge despite your big and glorious victory last winter that you've held so dear.

Remember THO buddy - if you believe, you can achieve! One of these decades you will get me!

I've stated it once lol. You came in with this grudge despite your big and glorious victory last winter that you've held so dear.

Remember THO buddy - if you believe, you can achieve! One of these decades you will get me!

Again, if it was actually going well for you, you wouldn't need to keep explaining your version of what's happening. 

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Again, if it was actually going well for you, you wouldn't need to keep explaining your version of what's happening. 

Coming from the guy still holding some minor exchange from last winter dear to his heart, this is hard to take seriously. You'll get another try buddy, fear not. The key is be-lieve so you can a-chieve!

Coming from the guy still holding some minor exchange from last winter dear to his heart, this is hard to take seriously. You'll get another try buddy, fear not. The key is be-lieve so you can a-chieve!

lol, the table isn't going to suddenly turn here... that prior exchange was me making several posts agreeing with you about Mo, then one disagreeing joke post, and you went batsh*t. That's not a grudge, that's an sign of an easy mark that I noted for future exploitation. 

What's the over-under on how many more times you'll post to try to re-frame this meltdown? I've got you pegged for at least 5 more. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, the table isn't going to suddenly turn here... that prior exchange was me making several posts agreeing with you about Mo, then one disagreeing joke post, and you went batsh*t. That's not a grudge, that's an sign of an easy mark that I noted for future exploitation. 

What's the over-under on how many more times you'll post to try to re-frame this meltdown? I've got you pegged for at least 5 more. 

Be-lieve! A-chieve! 

In the life imitates art circle, while all of this was going on, my dog just confronted a woodchuck in our yard.

Give that woodchuck credit, he stood his ground and put a brave front by showing his two buck front teeth and continued take that stand for a full 10 minutes. Finally, our dog had enough of the bravado posture and just ripped into it. I honestly had never seen him go after a life form so viciously before. 

All that stupid woodchuck had to do was run away, because the dog is contained by an invisible fence. But even in this animal kingdom, some will try to posture, when all odds are against them.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

In the life imitates art circle, while all of this was going on, my dog just confronted a woodchuck in our yard.

Give that woodchuck credit, he stood his ground and put a brave front by showing his two buck front teeth and continued take that stand for a full 10 minutes. Finally, our dog had enough of the bravado posture and just ripped into it. I honestly had never seen him go after a life form so viciously before. 

All that stupid woodchuck had to do was run away, because the dog is contained by an invisible fence. But even in this animal kingdom, some will try to posture, when all odds are against them.

Imagine a half dozen really angwy woodchucks with a gwudge THO and you understand my situation here but less fun.

4 hours ago, The Troll said:

Let me go hop in my time machine and ask 13 year old me what makes him tick.

You know, actually, nevermind. I already told you. The Indians lost my favorite players. I discovered I can watch the Cubs almost every day. No time machine needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WGN was on in Orlando when we moved from NY.  Tons of Cubs fans in the Orlando area because of it.  Quite a few of my friends in fact.  Guys who have zero ties to Chicago.I watched a lot of Cubs myself growing up which was cool because it was during the Hawk, Grace, Sandberg, Duntson, Sosa, Moldanado, Smith years....lots of fun players on those late 80's early 90's teams.  

However, the Mets were my first sports love.  And my mom was the secretary for Steve Zibriski who at the time was the voice of the Mets.  It was like the coolest thing ever as a kid.  He used to run this fantasy baseball camp before spring training every year in Port St. Lucie.  If you were over 35 you could enter a round robin baseball league and the winner got to play the 69 Miracle Mets.  I was the bat boy for the Mets.  I met them all except Nolan Ryan who was still pitching.  The best part was as the league ended, the current players started showing up and I got to meet them all as well.

Check the cute bat boy pic and me and Tom Seaver. 

batboy.jpg

seaver.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

For what it's worth, I spent a tick rooting for the Braves when I was "mad" at the Mets in the late-80's, early-90's because they got rid of my favorite players. Nobody explained how the unwritten rules of adult fanhood worked to me. They let me root for who I wanted. I'd walk around rocking a Braves jersey and a Mets hat like I was in a Tribe Called Quest. 

My buddies from childhood still give me sh*t about it. I don't care. You shouldn't either. We all walk a different path, and if sports matters to you, different teams can accompany you through different parts of your life. You develop a soft-spot for them. If you're lucky, you have that one team from "home" that is your team forever... but everyone has their own experience. It is what it is.

As long as you don't jump on the Patriots bandwagon. Then you deserve to have your dick slammed in the door.

New Album on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!