open comp at left guard??

ylekram

with brick having a bad year,mangold being injured,moore not being 100%,and hunter being a train wreck, slauson was our most consistent olineman last year. a solid, underrated player,imo. either rex is trying to instill confidence and see if vlad has anything before they cut his arse or vlad really has improved. this could be great news. or maybe they dont think slausons recovery is going well. which would be bad

best case senario. vlad beats out slauson and otah passes physical and beats out hunter placing him back in the back up tackle role.one can dream

with brick having a bad year,mangold being injured,moore not being 100%,

and yet all three were pro bowlers. How about that?

Slauson was Callahan's boy and Cally's gone. He's on the last year of his rookie deal.

life in the NFL is very political. People think the best players play cause it's a meritocracy. But it's not, especially for the non-stars. It's all about having champions to fight for your playing time or front office people invested in a player's success through the draft.

that's why Chaz Schiliens will get playing time. Cause Sanjay Lal will fight for him. WHo is fighting for Slauson?

Damien Woody suggested the Jets should put Vlad between Brick and Mangold, because good players make other payers better. Makes sense that would be the easiest spot on the line. I agree with Bit about the politics, too, Tanny on down want their former second round pick on the field.

I think they like Slauson enough that they'd like to have him as their first OL off the bench (which working him at both center and RT suggests). This move may also say something about what they think of Schlauderaff.

think they like Slauson enough that they'd like to have him as their first OL off the bench (which working him at both center and RT suggests). This move may also say something about what they think of Schlauderaff.

Agree with the Raff comment, it's gonna be a battle for that guy to make the roster. 6th OL that's a great role for Slauson, especially if he can prove himself as a backup RT. Slauson playing RT in practice also says something about what they think about Otah's ability to pass a physical.

side note about slauson go look at the description of his injury, it sounds like he tore everything in that arm. labrum, shoulder and bicep? I'm not doctor but shoot. The fact he played through it is a GD miracle. But he probably paid a price. Is he really 100% that's a fair question.

when we look at the draft and there's 1000 guys every year who think they can play, only 250 draft spots and not even half of those guys can play. At a certain point who is to say Slauson is better than Schlauderaff?

the only way to really know is to put em on the field. And even preseason isn't that great of a test. How do they do when the games count? You can be the best scout in the world, Until you have a guy under those real game conditions you don't really know what you have.

I was suprised by this. If 20% of what they have said about Vlad is true over the years it makes sense. Just seems like a long shot. That said, keeping Vlad at guard makes a ton of sense.

don't understand the political comments. would expect more of professionals to know when to hold em and know when to fold em when it comes to "their" draft picks/acquisitions. player scounting is an art not a science. everyone knows that no one can be 100% or even 75%. i want a front office that can be objective and if they aren't, well that's pretty damning.

don't understand the political comments. would expect more of professionals to know when to hold em and know when to fold em when it comes to "their" draft picks/acquisitions. player scounting is an art not a science. everyone knows that no one can be 100% or even 75%. i want a front office that can be objective and if they aren't, well that's pretty damning.

High picks will always get more opportunities. Nothing wrong with making LG a competition, and that doesn't automatically give Vlad any edge (though him being bigger, stronger, and more athletic than Slauson might be an edge).

Damien Woody suggested the Jets should put Vlad between Brick and Mangold, because good players make other payers better. Makes sense that would be the easiest spot on the line. I agree with Bit about the politics, too, Tanny on down want their former second round pick on the field.

I think they like Slauson enough that they'd like to have him as their first OL off the bench (which working him at both center and RT suggests). This move may also say something about what they think of Schlauderaff.

I love Damien Woody.

Once they traded for Otah, they needed to find a way to justify Vlad's continued existence on the payroll. Pretending he's a talented but raw swing prospect on the interior OL is the story they'll now sell. Slauson has nothing to worry about.

Archived