Cris Carter - "They are not that good."

Ghost

I really do believe in Rex and his philosophy. Just look at the 49ers last year. Their identity is extremely similar to ours and it's running the ball and playing defense. However, their passing offense is much better than ours. I'm not saying they have more talent than us but you saw more 20+ yard passes with them. I hope TS knows that, because completing 6 receptions for 20 yards or more in one season is inexcusable.

But they do.

No Jets back is as good as Gore.

No Jets TE is as good as Davis.

Is Holmes better than Crabtree? Stretching the field? Yes. However, the league is predominantly a short passing game and 6'2" 215lbs Crabtree is a lot more useful.

Do we need to argue OL?

The 49ers philosophy works because they have more talent. You have to respect Gore, not Green. That makes Davis and Crabtree's job that much easier. If Moss has anything left, he could make their offense that muchbetter.

Ahh but the shoot out wih the Saints where the Niners passing attack went blow for blow with one of the best offenses in the NFL was just our imagination.

For the record NO ONE passed well vs the Giants the last 6 games of last season (including the playoffs) because they rushed the QB like demons yep they even gave te great Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady Fits

And could either Jets QB play a game like that? Do we have a Frank Gore?

Further our pass rush, barring anything Coples might offer, is still from hunger.

The 2012 Jets are not talented.And it keeps coming back to the inability of our GM to find talent, not in the draft, not in FA, not from practice squads.It's how you WASTE a 2nd round pick on Dukie-asse and then watch a Pro Bowl WR on the same UMass(Tannebaum's undergrad school) squad go to the Giants for nothing.

Actually met him a few years back at a barber shop in Delray. I was walking in and he was walking out. I was like, "hey, you're Cris Carter." And he was like, "yup, what's up." And then I was like, "nice to meet you." And then we parted ways. That's it. That's the story.

Please send all future stories to JiF for embellishment.

Actually met him a few years back at a barber shop in Delray. I was walking in and he was walking out. I was like, "hey, you're Cris Carter." And he was like, "yup, what's up." And then I was like, "nice to meet you." And then we parted ways. That's it. That's the story.

trading-places-clarence.jpg

"Yeah, I met Cris Carter in 1992 in Memphis, Tennessee. I'm walkin' down the street, mindin' my own business, just walkin' along, feelin' good. I walk around a corner. A man walk up, hit me in my chest, right? I fall on the ground, right? And I look up, and it's Cris Carter! I said, 'Mr. Carter!' He said, 'Oops, I thought you was somebody else.' "

trading-places-clarence.jpg

"Yeah, I met Cris Carter in 1992 in Memphis, Tennessee. I'm walkin' down the street, mindin' my own business, just walkin' along, feelin' good. I walk around a corner. A man walk up, hit me in my chest, right? I fall on the ground, right? And I look up, and it's Cris Carter! I said, 'Mr. Carter!' He said, 'Oops, I thought you was somebody else.' "

too funny

I watched a taping of the HBO NFL show a few years back with Carter, Dan Marino, Costas and Peter King. My brother and I won the "behind the scenes" tour in a charity raffle. So, we're sitting to the left of the stage, watching them do their round table, and Cris Carter starts talking to Marino about driving around Miami with his boys one time trying to buy weed. Good times.

He was yapping about how he thinks we're going to have another issue with Holmes due to the sole reason of him NOT getting the ball again this season. He also mentioned how we were throwing the ball 5 yards from the line of scrimmage at Training Camp and how we're not going to beat anyone in this league doing that.

Unfortunately, I do agree with him. I saw a couple of tweets about receivers having trouble getting separation and this just reminds me of sh*tty again. I can't help but ask whether our WRs need to improve or our CBs are too damn good?

Chris Carter talks a lot of stuff and for the most part he is wrong most of the time. The good news is that if we do have an off year or down year, I would think that we have much house cleaning to do...starting with Tanny, then Rex and then.......who knows

He was yapping about how he thinks we're going to have another issue with Holmes due to the sole reason of him NOT getting the ball again this season. He also mentioned how we were throwing the ball 5 yards from the line of scrimmage at Training Camp and how we're not going to beat anyone in this league doing that.

Unfortunately, I do agree with him. I saw a couple of tweets about receivers having trouble getting separation and this just reminds me of sh*tty again. I can't help but ask whether our WRs need to improve or our CBs are too damn good?

the plays we are seeing now will not be what we see when the stating gun goes off. and yes, he might be right but he is still Cris Carter, the human hemorrhoid

Archived