The more I think about it, the more I believe that.

Kalam_Cosmo

imagine what would happen to this message board if the Jets brought back Brooks Bollinger?

Bollywood vs. Jet-T battles would be epic.

Battles??? What battles? This is like playing handball against a multi-amputee..... :character0036:

:sign0013: ....... no, really I am! --------------------- Well, maybe not really aferall.... :happy0071:

Am I the only one who finds it a little creepy that he always refers to the QB's by their first names?

Probably so.... But maybe not, there are some other creepy types here, not just U. :animal0029:

PS

And 'always' is not accurate, :sign0103-1: but that's just another quite common thing here so don't fret about it cause you'll never be alone.

Tebow gets sacked at twice the rate that Sanchez does. As a result, his net yards per attempt is .7 lower than Mark's. The sad thing about that is that Mark's is a pretty crappy 5.6. Tebow's 4.9 is atrocious. The Jets had the third most 3 & outs on offense in the league last year behind Sanchez with 60, but from week 7 (Tebow's first start) on, Denver had 50 3 & outs - the most in the league over that period of time.

As a starting QB, Tebow brings little else other than mythology.

Yeah, but Tebow's intangibles are off the charts and difficult to measure. By all accounts, his passion and leadership skills are infectious. He has the ability to inspire and elevate those around him, which is a real asset, especially for a troubled locker room. And what about his uncanny ability to lead his team to victory when all hope seems lost, to somehow will his team to victory? He just has something Mark Sanchez doesn't have. He has "it," whatever "it" is! Don't get me wrong, I like Sanchez. He's a gifted quarterback and I think he will make for a very fine signal caller, but I believe it will be for some other team.

All I'm trying to say is that Tebow is our best chance for a ring this year. Even strident Tebow haters can't help but take notice when Tebow takes the field. Everyone seems to sense the change in atmosphere, an electricity in the air. I just know the kid is a winner and I don't pretend to understand how a quarterback with a sub 50% completion percentage can be such a thing, but I'm not kidding when I say I've seen this kid with his will seemingly bend the laws of time and space to win a ball game. So I stand by my initial statement. I believe that Tebow, used properly, can and will give the Jets a Super Bowl.

Probably so.... But maybe not, there are some other creepy types here, not just U. :animal0029:

PS

And 'always' is not accurate, :sign0103-1: but that's just another quite common thing here so don't fret about it cause you'll never be alone.

I feel compeled to say this. Dude, you're not just weird. You're bromance with Timmy is freaking scary!! If Timmer were reading your posts, he'd get a restraining order ASAP. Lighten up Francis.

Yeah, but Tebow's intangibles are off the charts and difficult to measure. By all accounts, his passion and leadership skills are infectious. He has the ability to inspire and elevate those around him, which is a real asset, especially for a troubled locker room. And what about his uncanny ability to lead his team to victory when all hope seems lost, to somehow will his team to victory? He just has something Mark Sanchez doesn't have. He has "it," whatever "it" is! Don't get me wrong, I like Sanchez. He's a gifted quarterback and I think he will make for a very fine signal caller, but I believe it will be for some other team.

All I'm trying to say is that Tebow is our best chance for a ring this year. Even strident Tebow haters can't help but take notice when Tebow takes the field. Everyone seems to sense the change in atmosphere, an electricity in the air. I just know the kid is a winner and I don't pretend to understand how a quarterback with a sub 50% completion percentage can be such a thing, but I'm not kidding when I say I've seen this kid with his will seemingly bend the laws of time and space to win a ball game. So I stand by my initial statement. I believe that Tebow, used properly, can and will give the Jets a Super Bowl.

Why is this in tiny font?

I get that Tebow has the whole intangible thing going on, he just doesn't have the playing QB in the NFL thing going on just yet. QBs like Tebow who come into the league more athlete than passer need a lot of time and work. You look at the history of these guys, and it's a five year plan on average.

Timmy had a great run last year, but the rest of the league started to catch up to him -particularly the Bills and the Pats- buy the time the season ended.

I get that Tebow has the whole intangible thing going on, he just doesn't have the playing QB in the NFL thing going on just yet. QBs like Tebow who come into the league more athlete than passer need a lot of time and work. You look at the history of these guys, and it's a five year plan on average.

Timmy had a great run last year, but the rest of the league started to catch up to him -particularly the Bills and the Pats- buy the time the season ended.

I really like you, but in a not so good way. :winking0001:

BINGO!

I can't think of a single QB who passed as poorly as Tebow who lasted as an NFL QB for five years. I'm NOT talking about his delivery but his accuracy.

These days, QBs who can't hit 60+% of their passes are going to be crucified (as Sanchez has been), and Tebow can't even hit 50%. He's gonna go the way of Pat White IMO.

BINGO!

I can't think of a single QB who passed as poorly as Tebow who lasted as an NFL QB for five years. I'm NOT talking about his delivery but his accuracy.

These days, QBs who can't hit 60+% of their passes are going to be crucified (as Sanchez has been), and Tebow can't even hit 50%. He's gonna go the way of Pat White IMO.

Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Vick, McNabb... all QBs who ran better than they threw early in their careers, and eventually grew into passers - to varying degrees. They all lased well longer than five years. Tebow could be the same kind of player, but like all of those guys I just think he's years away.

It's funny that so many people point out that he finished the season 1-4, but half of those losses were to New England,

Considering that the Pats finished the season 15-4 with one of those losses being by 4 points in the Super Bowl, I would say that they had caught up to a lot of players.

BTW - in their first meeting Tebow threw for 194 yds and rushed for 93 yds and 2 tds, in the second game Brady had 6 td passes against that overrated Bronco defense.

Archived