***OFFICIAL WEEK TWO JETS VS. STEELERS PREDICTION THREAD***

T0mShane

The reality is, the Jets actually match up well.

Steelers OL vs. Jets DL - advantage Jets. Their OL is all sorts of banged up and not very good to begin with. The Jets should be able to control the LOS, stop the run and even get some shots at Big Ben

Steelers WR's vs. Jets Secondary - advantage Jets. Revis takes Wallace out of the game. Cro can handle Brown. The test will be Wilson on Sanders. And I'm sure Miller will get all sorts of different match ups.

Jets OL vs. Steelers front 7 - really a wash IMO. Hampton isnt the dominate player he once was and he's matching up vs. the best interior line man in the league in Mangold. Is Harrison playing? I dunno...but the Jets handle Anderson, Williams and Dareus with ease. I really dont see why they cant handle Hood, Keisel and Hampton in a similar fashion while keeping an eye on what Lebeau is doing with the LB'ers.

Jets WR vs. Steelers secondary - a wash again IMO. But this all depends on Sanchez. If he plays well again, our WR's can have their way with the secondary. No doubt. But thats dependent on Sanchez's presnap reads. If he can find the blitz and handle the pressure the way he did vs. the Bills, I dont really see why the passing game should suffer.

Both run games are mediocre even though both teams pride themselves on establishing the run. Dwyer's probably the only RB that will see a significant amount of carries who's not a complete plodder but he's not CJ Spiller either.

The game could come down to ST's, which I think the Jets have the advantage but if it comes down to Folk kicking meaningful late game kicks, I'll be nervous as 3 Rivers is a tough place for kickers.

All that said, I just dont see the Steelers losing their home opener. This is going to be a game we all look back on and say, man, they should have won that game....but they wont.

I see where you are coming from....I strongly believe the X-factor in this game comes in the form of Tebow. He will give us that added look to keep there defense on their heels just enough for Sanchez to throw to Holmes, Hill, Keller/Cumberland.......I think Ben will be hitting the dirt often. I reality in past history we end up losing this game...but today is today....I think we win going away....

The reality is, the Jets actually match up well.

Steelers OL vs. Jets DL - advantage Jets. Their OL is all sorts of banged up and not very good to begin with. The Jets should be able to control the LOS, stop the run and even get some shots at Big Ben

Steelers WR's vs. Jets Secondary - advantage Jets. Revis takes Wallace out of the game. Cro can handle Brown. The test will be Wilson on Sanders. And I'm sure Miller will get all sorts of different match ups.

Jets OL vs. Steelers front 7 - really a wash IMO. Hampton isnt the dominate player he once was and he's matching up vs. the best interior line man in the league in Mangold. Is Harrison playing? I dunno...but the Jets handle Anderson, Williams and Dareus with ease. I really dont see why they cant handle Hood, Keisel and Hampton in a similar fashion while keeping an eye on what Lebeau is doing with the LB'ers.

Jets WR vs. Steelers secondary - a wash again IMO. But this all depends on Sanchez. If he plays well again, our WR's can have their way with the secondary. No doubt. But thats dependent on Sanchez's presnap reads. If he can find the blitz and handle the pressure the way he did vs. the Bills, I dont really see why the passing game should suffer.

Both run games are mediocre even though both teams pride themselves on establishing the run. Dwyer's probably the only RB that will see a significant amount of carries who's not a complete plodder but he's not CJ Spiller either.

The game could come down to ST's, which I think the Jets have the advantage but if it comes down to Folk kicking meaningful late game kicks, I'll be nervous as 3 Rivers is a tough place for kickers.

All that said, I just dont see the Steelers losing their home opener. This is going to be a game we all look back on and say, man, they should have won that game....but they wont.

I am confused (not really) , You made an excellent case for a JETS win (upset I guess) but giving it to the Steelers, based on history and home field advantage. Ok.

Where does Touchdown Timmy Tebow go ?

What they will be talking about next week is Pittsburgh's fourth loss in a row..and is Ben tired ?

I am confused (not really) , You made an excellent case for a JETS win (upset I guess) but giving it to the Steelers, based on history and home field advantage. Ok.

Where does Touchdown Timmy Tebow go ?

What they will be talking about next week is Pittsburgh's fourth loss in a row..and is Ben tired ?

Yes. I'm making my opinion based on history and home field advantage. The Jets historically dont win in Penn. on nationally televised 4pm games and I dont see the Steelers losing their home opener even if they dont match up well vs. their opponent.

Touchdown Timmy Tebow goes to Pitt with the team. Where else would he go?

I dont see them losing so I'm not sure what they'll say about them if the Jets end up actually winning but I highly doubt the reason given will be because Big Ben is tired.

Steelers arent losing their home opener after getting embarrassed on national TV by crippled QB who hasnt played a game in almost 2 years.

Jets will put up a fight in what will be a heavy hitting contest. I see this being an ugly, defensive standoff, with not a lot of scoring, action or big plays. The Jets have won 1 game in the history of their franchise in the state of Pennsylvania and unfortunately, #2 isnt coming this weekend.

Steelers - 17

Jets - 10

Interesting point. I dare say just as good a chance as it being Steelers -10 Jets - 17. I watched Den/Pitt live and then again on the rewind. Truth is their new offense is clunky and they are trying to keep Ben from playing "backyard" football to keep him healthy. No rythym on offense at all. I think we take it.

Steelers arent losing their home opener after getting embarrassed on national TV by crippled QB who hasnt played a game in almost 2 years.

Jets will put up a fight in what will be a heavy hitting contest. I see this being an ugly, defensive standoff, with not a lot of scoring, action or big plays. The Jets have won 1 game in the history of their franchise in the state of Pennsylvania and unfortunately, #2 isnt coming this weekend.

Steelers - 17

Jets - 10

Interesting point. I dare say just as good a chance as it being Steelers -10 Jets - 17. I watched Den/Pitt live and then again on the rewind. Truth is their new offense is clunky and they are trying to keep Ben from playing "backyard" football to keep him healthy. No rythym on offense at all. I think we take it.

Nailed week #1.

This week I think we see a pissed off Steelers team and the Jets possibly without Revis. Also a little concerned that maybe the replacement refs last week overlooked or missed some holding penalties on the offensive line thus aiding in the suprising amount of time Sanchez had to throw the ball.

24-16 Pitt.

Jets win by a point and shut up a Stadium full towel waving, mouth breathing, inbred, retards.

Let's hope. I had a great time watching Denver beat them down last week. Personally I thing the Jets will have a tough row to hoe in Pittsburgh. Sanchez is no Peyton Manning.

Just dont see it happening but its definitely possible. I do think they match up pretty well.

I predict Revis plays, Keller does not:

Jets DB Darrelle Revis (concussion) was wearing a helmet and participating in practice for the first time this week.

Revis said yesterday that his status was completely in the hands of the training staff, but was preparing to play all week. Revis also attended all team meetings.

A final decision on the corner will have to be made before the team flight leaves on Saturday, Rex Ryan said yesterday.

TE Dustin Keller (hamstring), though, was not out at practice today. Keller suffered a setback during practice yesterday and then this morning, the Jets signed TE Dedrick Epps off the Bears practice squad.

The move raises questions about Keller's status for Sunday because the Jets now carry four tight ends on their practice squad. Epps was on the team's preseason roster this year.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/09/darrelle_revis_practices_for_j.html

21-17 Jets or 23-10 Steelers.

Why? you ask, ok... because of the same reason we gave up points at the end of last weeks game.

Big Ben will find those holes we keep allowing if our Pass Rush doesn't get him first and I'm hoping we can since the steelers Oline is shaky.

If not our D will dominate and Sanchez will have 2 TDs the last TD will be from a RB.

21-17 Jets or 23-10 Steelers.

Why? you ask, ok... because of the same reason we gave up points at the end of last weeks game.

Big Ben will find those holes we keep allowing if our Pass Rush doesn't get him first and I'm hoping we can since the steelers Oline is shaky.

If not our D will dominate and Sanchez will have 2 TDs the last TD will be from a RB.

REMEMBER THIS ... I thought it would be 3 for a field goal but it was 27 I was off by 4 ...

Archived