Kyle Wilson

Section 333

The Steelers line looked like a mess vs Denver. If we can get pressure on Big Ben we may not notice that #20 is out there instead #24. This could be a great confidence booster for Wilson, and the D as a whole. I am much more accepting of having Revis out with Bell and Landry lurking in the secondary. (No shot intended to Jim Leonhard)

Imagine if Wilson plays well, we shut down Ben, and get the win without #24. Would certainly do wonders on my level of confidence on the team (my level of confidence in the team being all that matters) Then rest Revis vs Miami ( because we wont need him anyway) he then returns for a tough game vs. San Fran.

If things don't work out that way then we are 1-1 going to Miami, awaiting the return of Revis and Keller. Either way the sky doesnt seam to be falling. Based on the fact that I am normally an extremely negative person, this was painful to type, but it is how I feel.

Obviously we all would feel a lot better with Revis on his island, but does anyone else see the possibility of Revis being out turning into a positive? Or am I just simply out of my mind? If you believe the latter then please keep it to yourself.

You know what? That does make sense. If the team were to go 2-0 without revis, beating Pittsburgh and Miami, and arrive at 3-0 at San Fran, that would provide an early season boost to the team PLUS it would completely enhance the Playoff chances of the team. Even 2-1 entering the San Fran game is good. Revis is an anchor but the rest of the D is good. We just have to be creative.

All I know is that the Pittsburgh O-Line is horrible, they got Jailraped in Denver.

The Steelers line looked like a mess vs Denver. If we can get pressure on Big Ben we may not notice that #20 is out there instead #24. This could be a great confidence booster for Wilson, and the D as a whole. I am much more accepting of having Revis out with Bell and Landry lurking in the secondary. (No shot intended to Jim Leonhard)

Imagine if Wilson plays well, we shut down Ben, and get the win without #24. Would certainly do wonders on my level of confidence on the team (my level of confidence in the team being all that matters) Then rest Revis vs Miami ( because we wont need him anyway) he then returns for a tough game vs. San Fran.

If things don't work out that way then we are 1-1 going to Miami, awaiting the return of Revis and Keller. Either way the sky doesnt seam to be falling. Based on the fact that I am normally an extremely negative person, this was painful to type, but it is how I feel.

Obviously we all would feel a lot better with Revis on his island, but does anyone else see the possibility of Revis being out turning into a positive? Or am I just simply out of my mind? If you believe the latter then please keep it to yourself.

Good points....

You know what? That does make sense. If the team were to go 2-0 without revis, beating Pittsburgh and Miami, and arrive at 3-0 at San Fran, that would provide an early season boost to the team PLUS it would completely enhance the Playoff chances of the team. Even 2-1 entering the San Fran game is good. Revis is an anchor but the rest of the D is good. We just have to be creative.

All I know is that the Pittsburgh O-Line is horrible, they got Jailraped in Denver.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I being overly positive or not. It makes perfect sense to me. Id like to see Rex getting crazy with different looks and packages. Id like to have to re-watch the game 3 times to understand what he was doing on D. All this positive talk has me PUMPED. Im gonna go eat a sandwich.

We will notice, even if it's not directly Wilson who struggles. Revis is in a league of his own, no one disputes that. With him out the Steelers will spread us out, the depth will be truly tested and guys like Lankster will have more responsibility, which I don't look forward to. With it almost being a given that we'll struggle with TE's, this is the last thing we needed. The pass rush will need to be immense, and even with the Steelers terrible O-line I'm not sure it will be enough, especially with the most elusive of rapists running around back there.

Get out of here with this sh*t. Miami aren't going to rollover for us at home. If he's good to go, then he must play. Patriots fans wouldn't show such arrogance towards a week 3, divisional road game.

No it will be not be a positive. Your best player getting a concussion never turns out to be a positive. I wont keep it to myself, you're crazy. Seek help like crazy.

Ok Irish, hold up. Don't be a Debbie Downer. He is just trying to be positive during a time where most people are worried about the team playing without Revis. I think he does make a lot of valid points. First, if the D-line plays a great game the impact of Revis' absence is minimized. If Rex goes crazy with his schemes, they MAY be able to assist Wilson and Lankster with their assignments. Additionally, Have you seen Miami play in either preseason or Game 1? THey are absolutely dreadful on O. Dreadful. We are talking 1-15 dreadful. So to say we can probably rest Revis in that game, is not just poppy cock. Miami has no true No. 1 Wr. SO tell me who are you afraid of on the Miami Recieving corp? They are DREADFUL.

SO please put the clouds away, he was just trying to be positive and exploring what the effect would be if the Jets won in Pittsburg without Revis.

We will notice, even if it's not directly Wilson who struggles. Revis is in a league of his own, no one disputes that. With him out the Steelers will spread us out, the depth will be truly tested and guys like Lankster will have more responsibility, which I don't look forward to. With it almost being a given that we'll struggle with TE's, this is the last thing we needed. The pass rush will need to be immense, and even with the Steelers terrible O-line I'm not sure it will be enough, especially with the most elusive of rapists running around back there.

Get out of here with this sh*t. Miami aren't going to rollover for us at home. If he's good to go, then he must play. Patriots fans wouldn't show such arrogance towards a week 3, divisional road game.

No it will be not be a positive. Your best player getting a concussion never turns out to be a positive. I wont keep it to myself, you're crazy. Seek help like crazy.

Wow, I wish you wouldn't have held anything back. I didn't say anything about Miami rolling over. But you have to admit, Miami is in for a 4-5 win season. Did you watch that game? Did you see how awful Tannehill was? Obviously it is never good to have our best player out with a concussion, I was merely looking for a potential positive in a bad situation.

Ok Irish, hold up. Don't be a Debbie Downer. He is just trying to be positive during a time where most people are worried about the team playing without Revis. I think he does make a lot of valid points. First, if the D-line plays a great game the impact of Revis' absence is minimized. If Rex goes crazy with his schemes, they MAY be able to assist Wilson and Lankster with their assignments. Additionally, Have you seen Miami play in either preseason or Game 1? THey are absolutely dreadful on O. Dreadful. We are talking 1-15 dreadful. So to say we can probably rest Revis in that game, is not just poppy cock. Miami has no true No. 1 Wr. SO tell me who are you afraid of on the Miami Recieving corp? They are DREADFUL.

SO please put the clouds away, he was just trying to be positive and exploring what the effect would be if the Jets won in Pittsburg without Revis.

Correct!

Wow, I wish you wouldn't have held anything back. I didn't say anything about Miami rolling over. But you have to admit, Miami is in for a 4-5 win season. Did you watch that game? Did you see how awful Tannehill was? Obviously it is never good to have our best player out with a concussion, I was merely looking for a potential positive in a bad situation.

They probably are in for a 4-5 win season, maybe worse. But you know they want one of those wins to be against us, and you know they'll play their best game all season in one of the Jets games. Even the worst teams tend to pull of divisional upsets.

It's a good test for Wilson yes, but it's one I'd rather not endure. I like him too btw and think he can be competent, but you know the Steelers will look to exploit the holes losing Revis creates. It's a huge blow, but keep him healthy and have him back for Miami.

Never want to lose a player of Revis' caliber but agree with your commentary on Kyle Wilson and the defense's confidence...could go a long way...Pittsburgh OL sucks...they didn't emphasize the run last week and even though we let Spiller run wild once the game got out of hand...I think we can shut that down...that leaves Ben against our pass defense minus Revis...they have good WRs but Ben also holds on to the ball longer than Fitz did on week 1. I'd like to see if we can get a sack or six...side note...Clay Matthews in beast mode last night...we seriously need someone to do that for us...back to game...has to boil down to Sanchez and the O against the Pittsburgh D...the run defense is always stout...we ain't gonna ground and pounding them to victory...gonna need some more Sanchez...Holmes, Hill and Kerley need to have another good game...if we can score 24 points I like our chances.

Never want to lose a player of Revis' caliber but agree with your commentary on Kyle Wilson and the defense's confidence...could go a long way...Pittsburgh OL sucks...they didn't emphasize the run last week and even though we let Spiller run wild once the game got out of hand...I think we can shut that down...that leaves Ben against our pass defense minus Revis...they have good WRs but Ben also holds on to the ball longer than Fitz did on week 1. I'd like to see if we can get a sack or six...side note...Clay Matthews in beast mode last night...we seriously need someone to do that for us...back to game...has to boil down to Sanchez and the O against the Pittsburgh D...the run defense is always stout...we ain't gonna ground and pounding them to victory...gonna need some more Sanchez...Holmes, Hill and Kerley need to have another good game...if we can score 24 points I like our chances.

Agreed

Even without Revis, we are still going to bring it to Pittsburgh. Pitt wasn't impressive against Denver, and recently.. Pitt hasn't really done anything devastating against our D. Landry is a beast. Our entire secondary, even without Revis is awesome. Cromartie demands more respect cause he is elite. Not having Revis hurts, but its not going to be the bullet that puts us away against Pitt.

Truthfully, Tannehill was not awful...the play calling by Sherman was awful.

Every single was a three step drop...the d-line picked up on it, and they still ran three step drops.

The perfect example of not adjusting mid game...clueless Sherman is.

I also didnt want Revis to play. Two things that this team must achieve:

#1 the success and dependability of Kyle Wilson. I think this kid has it in him. It was eventually going to come down to having to start him. Cro and Revis arent indestructible. People get hurt and this is Kyles time to hold down the fort and show that he's now a seasoned vet that has learned from the best duo CB's in the league.

#2. The offense. We need to score touchdowns. Keep our defense off the field and create scoring drives. Most importantly, keep our defense from playing from behind.

If we can score points and Kyle has a solid game we will be 2-0 heading into Miami and will be 3-0 heading into San Fran. This Steeler game is important. We do not want to enter the San Fran game 2-1 because that will certainly be one tough game. If we can go in there 3-0 and take a loss we'll be good at 3-1. To possibly be 2-2 after the San Fran game means to me that Superbowl Caliber teams we cannot beat. And my opinion is that "if you cant beat them in the regular season, you most likely wont beat them in the playoffs.....IF you even get there".

Thats not the message we want to present. These are the games that we need to win. This Steeler game imo is a must win. If we lose then we absolutely must beat San Fran. Lets not forget that the next 3 games after San Fran are The Texans, The Colts then the Pats. We do not want to go 2-1 heading into San Fran and we definitely dont want to go 2-2 heading into Houston.

We need to win this Game and I think Kyle is ready to live up to the potential. However, if we dont then there's no question that San Fran must lose or that may just be the end of our division championship and Bye week. <<<<<Yes, that is the goal. Win the division and possibly get a bye week. Get playoff home games. Thats the road to the Super Bowl if Rex actually wants to win one. If so then we need to beat the Steelers tomorrow.

The key to me is how much our "new and improved" D-line reduces Rothlisberger's escapability. That is how he and the Steeler's have killed us in the past. If we contain better and pursue faster, the secondary should hold up. Combine this with a repeat last week's performance by the O-line, QB and OC, and the Jets win a squeaker. The Steelers will definitely show up and play strong on both sides of the ball.

BTW, who is slated to start for Thomas at LB?

This is an enormous opportunity for Kyle Wilson, he's a former first round pick with a lot to prove. Despite my past bashing of Kyle, I think he'll hold his own this Sunday. But who knows, maybe its just the beer talking.

Beer does have a way of doing that

Archived