This team is SOFT.

Integrity28

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great teams, the ones that carry the "tough" brand and personality, go into games like this and assert their will on the opponent. Win the games they aren't expected to.

Beating Buffalo doesn't impress me. Beating the Steelers, that would have been saying something.

Good thing HOLMES made it clear the Jets were putting the NFL on notice last week. ****ing dummy. Then he comes out and puts together this stellar effort. Stone hands, alligator arms and running worse routes than the rookie.

This thread is a cure for constipation.

3 months from now, everyone here will be singing the same tune I am.

Just like what happened with Mangini and Schotty. I'm ahead of the curve. You'll see, unless there's a shift to Tebow and we suddenly decide we want to knock the sh*t out of teams, we'll continue to be this team that recoils and eats our words every time a bigger, badder mother****er shows up on Sunday.

Just like what happened with Mangini and Schotty. I'm ahead of the curve. You'll see, unless there's a shift to Tebow and we suddenly decide we want to knock the sh*t out of teams, we'll continue to be this team that recoils and eats our words every time a bigger, badder mother****er shows up on Sunday.

Yes!!! And then this tread will be a cure for impotence!!!

Yeah because the 2008 Dolphins that knocked us around Week 17 of that year were such badass MFers. Now THAT version of the Jets was soft.

My God man, I know we desire a 16-0 season and a Super Bowl, but Rex is WORLDS better as a coach than Mangini and Schottenheimer ever were or could hope to be.

We got pushed around on Sunday, its true. But that doesn't mean this team is filled with pussies.

Yeah because the 2008 Dolphins that knocked us around Week 17 of that year were such badass MFers. Now THAT version of the Jets was soft.

My God man, I know we desire a 16-0 season and a Super Bowl, but Rex is WORLDS better as a coach than Mangini and Schottenheimer ever were or could hope to be.

We got pushed around on Sunday, its true. But that doesn't mean this team is filled with pussies.

Did we even really get pushed around? I thought the Jets were plenty physical. They were all over the run game, they sacked Big Ben twice and had numerous shots at him, 7 tackles for loss, they only allowed 2 sacks (1 in garbage time at the end of the game) - none of that would equate to a team getting "pushed around". They were physical. Stood in their and took every shot the Steelers gave them on the road without their best player.

The Steelers played a better game. They executed on 3rd down. The Jets didnt. And its got nothing to do with the Jets being soft.

Why is it every Jets fans mission to make things bigger than they actually are? Its like people actually expect to go undefeated around here.

Did we even really get pushed around? I thought the Jets were plenty physical. They were all over the run game, they sacked Big Ben twice and had numerous shots at him, 7 tackles for loss, they only allowed 2 sacks (1 in garbage time at the end of the game) - none of that would equate to a team getting "pushed around". They were physical. Stood in their and took every shot the Steelers gave them on the road without their best player.

The Steelers played a better game. They executed on 3rd down. The Jets didnt. And its got nothing to do with the Jets being soft.

Why is it every Jets fans mission to make things bigger than they actually are? Its like people actually expect to go undefeated around here.

oh it had plenty to do with being soft. the tackling looked very soft. the soft tackling is a big reason why bathroomburger and spiller had the days they had against us. if it weren't for the fact firtzpatrick sucked we would be 0-2

They had plenty of opportunities to sack ben. They had free blitzers even. He just brushed them off and completed on 3rd down. By the end of the game the defense was gassed. But i mean, their OL gave up a ton of pressure. We had a leg up on that battle.

Our OL got tested plenty because we fell behind. Howard and the RBs got beat by woodley and crew, but not really to the point where Sanchez had no chance. Ike taylor was getting eaten alive by holmes in man, but he just batted a few balls down at the end to salvage the day. Again, the problem seemed to me that Sanchez stopped

Being accurate and the WRs were getting covered well.

oh it had plenty to do with being soft. the tackling looked very soft. the soft tackling is a big reason why bathroomburger and spiller had the days they had against us. if it weren't for the fact firtzpatrick sucked we would be 0-2

That had nothing to do with the Jets? Holy sh*t man, get a grip already.

They had plenty of opportunities to sack ben. They had free blitzers even. He just brushed them off and completed on 3rd down. By the end of the game the defense was gassed. But i mean, their OL gave up a ton of pressure. We had a leg up on that battle.

Our OL got tested plenty because we fell behind. Howard and the RBs got beat by woodley and crew, but not really to the point where Sanchez had no chance. Ike taylor was getting eaten alive by holmes in man, but he just batted a few balls down at the end to salvage the day. Again, the problem seemed to me that Sanchez stopped

The score didnt indicate how close of a game it was. The Jets had numerous opportunities. Down 10 with a quarter in a half to play and the Jets forced 3 straight 3 and outs. Any resemblance of an offense at that point could have easily made it 1 possession game with plenty of time on the clock.

I think the head coach is a pussy. The team just emulates leadership.

Talking, not doing. 3 years, how many times in that 3 years has Rex come into a game where he could cement the Jets as truly a respectable team in the NFL. Numerous times we could have won games to take the division lead, GO TO THE SUPERBOWL and the minute a little adversity (like another team showing up and hitting us harder than we hit them) pops-up, the team folds in the BIGGEST games it has to play.

Rex does enough with this team to keep the hope alive, but I'm saying he and his teams have folded in damn near every important game they've played. Save for the matchup against New England in the playoffs, after which they got mauled by the Steelers. Laughably, and the dumbass fans still think it's cool when Bart Scott says "can't wait". Just like Holmes "put the NFL on notice". Right.

This team chokes because they don't have the fortitude or sack that Rex tells us it has.

What we saw were football sailing over receivers heads. The cause for that was less Sanchez being inaccurate and more Holmes and Hill being knocked clean out of their routes, and in some case Holmes was just breaking off his. When the WRs were where they needed to be, Sanchez hit them... and they dropped the ball.

I don't care much for Sanchez, to be honest, but he wasn't terrible on Sunday. He was let down by the guys around him. Towards the very end he pressed a little, but mostly it was WRs dropping passes that killed his stat line and any shot the Jets had at scoring and keeping Ben on the sidelines.

I typically agree with your football opinions. Not your lifestyle. BUT in this case you are just being dense... soft defenses are the ones that every team in the league knows get gassed when they are on the field too long, going back to last year this has been the recipe to beating us... and its why Rex told the front seven to lose weight and condition better.

And nobody expects to go undefeated... that isn't what this is about. I'm just talking about this teams true character, not the one that Rex sells us on.

Everyone needs to stop putting too much stock into sundays loss. It was a game not in our favor, Pitt was facing going 0-2, we are coming off a huge win, and playing at Heinz field, its as simple as that. Sometimes the deck isn't stacked in your favor. Its 1 game. Besides the officials took the wind out of our sails more so than even the steelers. What a game dragging wreck these dudes are. They totally kill momentum for each team every game...

Everyone nedds to stop putting too much stock into sundays loss. It was a game not in our favor, Pitt was facing going 0-2, we are coming off a huge win, and playing at Heinz field, its as simple as that. Sometimes the deck isn't stacked in your favor. Its 1 game. Besides the officials took the wind out of our sails more so than even the steelers. What a game dragging wreck these dudes are. They totally kill momentum for each team every game...

This thread isn't about Sunday's single loss. It is about 3 seasons and 2 games of listening to Rex say the team is tough, and then watching them get embarrassed in nearly every game that matters.

Year 1 - backed into playoffs, beat Cincy like we should have, then got clobbered by Indy who was a finesse team that we should have man-handled - no SB, and lost in glorious fashion being let down by our defense and running game. Oh, ground and pound is it?

Year 2 - I believe we brought a 9-2 record into NE, had a chance to take sole possession of the division and lost 45-3 in humiliating fashion after a week of sh*t talk from Rex, then we managed to sneak into the playoffs again, beat New England and this is the ONE big game win I can think of on Rex's resume where he came out on top, but then this pathetic team proceeded to celebrate like we won the championship, then went to Pittsburgh and got man-handled by them - no SB, once again let down by our defense who couldn't stop Mendenhall and his 3 yards per carry. Ground and pound? Yeah, that is what they did to us.

Year 3 - we sucked, every time we had a chance to get on track last year - we blew it. Every game that had a consensus "this one means something" we blew it. Not only did we not come close to ground and pound, by the end of the year we didn't even look like a professional team. We were a ****ing joke.

Year 4 - impressive win over a team we are expected to beat, and then we have a shot at a statement game - and we get mauled, out-done at the ground and pound as usual. Defense let us down, AGAIN.

Maybe I'm laying it on thick today, but you cannot deny that this team basically chokes or folds every single time they are in a position to win an important game. Yeah, yeah, it's week 2 and we won't go undefeated... well I have news for you, the Patriots are going to win more games than us most likely so if we don't take advantage of the few chances we'll get to get a game ahead of them, then we choked. I don't care that it was the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Our entire team could NOT function Sunday, that is a choke. It's not like it was a "close one" it was a all-out flop. Offense failed. Defense failed. Special teams failed.

The fact any of you can make excuses for this is mind-boggling.

Everyone needs to stop putting too much stock into sundays loss. It was a game not in our favor, Pitt was facing going 0-2, we are coming off a huge win, and playing at Heinz field, its as simple as that. Sometimes the deck isn't stacked in your favor. Its 1 game. Besides the officials took the wind out of our sails more so than even the steelers. What a game dragging wreck these dudes are. They totally kill momentum for each team every game...

It was a winnable game...and when you look at the upcoming schedule with the two best teams in the league back to back....it makes it even more frustrating with how many yards were left on the field by the offense and the missed tackles by the defense.

I typically agree with your football opinions. Not your lifestyle. BUT in this case you are just being dense... soft defenses are the ones that every team in the league knows get gassed when they are on the field too long, going back to last year this has been the recipe to beating us... and its why Rex told the front seven to lose weight and condition better.

And nobody expects to go undefeated... that isn't what this is about. I'm just talking about this teams true character, not the one that Rex sells us on.

LOL - then every single defense in the league is soft because every single defense gets gassed when they are on the field too long.

And he asked the LB'ers to lose weight, not the DL....and it was for speed! Not because they get gassed when they are on the field too long.

My goodness...

This thread isn't about Sunday's single loss. It is about 3 seasons and 2 games of listening to Rex say the team is tough, and then watching them get embarrassed in nearly every game that matters.

Year 1 - backed into playoffs, beat Cincy like we should have, then got clobbered by Indy who was a finesse team that we should have man-handled - no SB, and lost in glorious fashion being let down by our defense and running game. Oh, ground and pound is it?

Year 2 - I believe we brought a 9-2 record into NE, had a chance to take sole possession of the division and lost 45-3 in humiliating fashion after a week of sh*t talk from Rex, then we managed to sneak into the playoffs again, beat New England and this is the ONE big game win I can think of on Rex's resume where he came out on top, but then this pathetic team proceeded to celebrate like we won the championship, then went to Pittsburgh and got man-handled by them - no SB, once again let down by our defense who couldn't stop Mendenhall and his 3 yards per carry. Ground and pound? Yeah, that is what they did to us.

Year 3 - we sucked, every time we had a chance to get on track last year - we blew it. Every game that had a consensus "this one means something" we blew it. Not only did we not come close to ground and pound, by the end of the year we didn't even look like a professional team. We were a ****ing joke.

Year 4 - impressive win over a team we are expected to beat, and then we have a shot at a statement game - and we get mauled, out-done at the ground and pound as usual. Defense let us down, AGAIN.

Maybe I'm laying it on thick today, but you cannot deny that this team basically chokes or folds every single time they are in a position to win an important game. Yeah, yeah, it's week 2 and we won't go undefeated... well I have news for you, the Patriots are going to win more games than us most likely so if we don't take advantage of the few chances we'll get to get a game ahead of them, then we choked. I don't care that it was the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Our entire team could NOT function Sunday, that is a choke. It's not like it was a "close one" it was a all-out flop. Offense failed. Defense failed. Special teams failed.

Looks like I have ben beaten in the contest of which poster had more of an axe to grind. But in my defense, I feel as though I made some valid points while doing it.

I don't think our lines got pushed around at all. It was our WR's who couldn't break free of the jams on the line, and our reliance on zone coverage and not doing the same to their WR's at the line. Every time Ben completed a pass, their receiver seemed to be open, but every time Sanchez threw a pass, the DB was right there to either knock the ball away or it was dropped or bobbled. That was really the difference in the game.

This post reeks of shameless backtracking to try and prove a different point then the one you started with.

As I waded through your post I found it interesting you neglected to mention going to San Diego and thumping the Chargers in 09'... Also thought it humorous you blew the 45-3 thrashing out of proportion and chased it with the notion that an 11 win team backed into the playoffs.

Say what you want about Rex but he has been at the helm of the greatest run of prosperity I've ever seen in my 27 years of fandom. There is nothing soft about it.

Just take your lumps in this thread and move on.. we can't always be right. Hell once back in 07' I was wrong about something.

They are too ****ing soft. No backbone, no true fight in them... nothing about the way this team plays backs up Rex's talk. Offense gets hit, they go into a shell and become completely inoperable. Defense gets hit, they recoil and get run over.

THAT is the real problem with this team. They don't deliver on Rex's promise of toughness. We can all debate execution, blame, etc. all week, but there is ONE common thread between all the failures of this team... they get hit in the mouth, and they fall apart immediately.

Why did we beat Buffalo? Because they never stood toe-to-toe with us and hit us. Easy enough, but when we encounter a truly tough team we fold like a house of cards. On both sides of the ball.

Every mouthy punk I've ever known gets knocked on their ass when a true tough-guy shows up to the fight. That is what happened Sunday, it is what happened last time we faced Pittsburgh in the playoffs too. They put us in our place.

Truly tough guys NEVER talk about how tough they are. If you have to convince people you are tough, then you aren't. Words veil insecurity.

OP be careful in speaking the truth you will be placed on the ignore list.

dude I thought you didn't like 6th grade nicknames?

This post reeks of shameless backtracking to try and prove a different point then the one you started with.

As I waded through your post I found it interesting you neglected to mention going to San Diego and thumping the Chargers in 09'... Also thought it humorous you blew the 45-3 thrashing out of proportion and chased it with the notion that an 11 win team backed into the playoffs.

Say what you want about Rex but he has been at the helm of the greatest run of prosperity I've ever seen in my 27 years of fandom. There is nothing soft about it.

Just take your lumps in this thread and move on.. we can't always be right. Hell once back in 07' I was wrong about something.

No lumps to be taken. I believe this team is soft in character and in it's make-up 100%. Mostly I believe Rex is soft. I don't buy his act one bit, never really did. I tolerate him, because as you've pointed out he's been mostly successful. That said, I don't have a lot of confidence in him when it comes to big games. Did I put on a show in this thread trying to rile everyone up while making my point - sure I did - but it doesn't make me wrong about the underlying point. This team's got no sack.

None.

If the specifics of the wins and losses I can recall from memory aren't good enough for you, my apologies. I did say "that I can recall" when bringing them up. If you think I actually fact-check sh*t to carry on about here you are as ridiculous as most of your posts come across.

OP, you are spot on. I hope people can objectively see exactly what you are saying and what I have said, but I highly doubt it. You can also add the game we played against the Ravens to that "being a tough team list" Its a joke. And I am tired of the talk. Just coach, have a good game strategy, have a backup plan and place your players in the best possible position to win. I don't believe that happened last year and I see signs yet again of us regressing, so I hope the game against Pitt was a blip. But too many times I have seen the same exact same freaking story from this organization, and its getting old.

Archived