The game has changed

Bugg

hes a no trick pony i told you in preseason the guy is a waste of a roster spot

Meh, he's better than a Jamaal Westerman type who can only stop the run sometimes and contribute a bit on ST's. Maybin is a worthwhile pure pass rusher to have for his speed on the edge. Our hope, of course, was that he could become a decent all-around LB, which hasn't worked out.

It's more of an indictment of our overall philosophy on defense....i.e. prefering big, run-stopping guys to speed LB's who can cover TE's and occassionally rush the QB. Rex realized that he was wrong on this a bit too late with the way the league has trended, and has had to find creative ways to minimize this weakness.

Pace has clearly lost a step this season. Harris is still playing like 2011 and thats not a good thing. Scott has actually looked better compared to last season but that's not saying much!

I would like to see more of Maybin before writing him off. Still has the speed.

I noticed McIntrye has 2 sacks last game and one of which was pretty impressive. He managed to hold onto and bring TheRapist down when no one else on the team could. The very little i have noticed him he has looked sharp.

What does Eli have that Flacco and Vick don't besides two rings?

BALLS.

You can pound that kid into the ground and he'll still stick it to you in the end.

He doesn't flinch.

He stands in there and makes the play despite the pressure.

That's what makes Eli elite (besides his God given talent).

Give me one game to win today and I'll take Eli over anyone.

Now if we're talking about a whole season I might side with another qb... might.

i completely disagree I think if you look at the past games played (reggie bush, CJ spiller, Foster/Tate) the game looks to be moving a little bit closer to running the ball instead of just throwing wherever youd like. It is still a pass happy league but ever so slightly we may see the return of the running games.

I dont think its that. Its that the teams with suspect QBs, and there are a ton of young QBs out there that no coach is going to trust, that they rely on the running game to keep the QB from imploding. Really the only run first holdovers are the guys that came out of the old Denver system (Shanahan who ran it and Kubiak who was his OC)

Meh, he's better than a Jamaal Westerman type who can only stop the run sometimes and contribute a bit on ST's. Maybin is a worthwhile pure pass rusher to have for his speed on the edge. Our hope, of course, was that he could become a decent all-around LB, which hasn't worked out.

It's more of an indictment of our overall philosophy on defense....i.e. prefering big, run-stopping guys to speed LB's who can cover TE's and occassionally rush the QB. Rex realized that he was wrong on this a bit too late with the way the league has trended, and has had to find creative ways to minimize this weakness.

As they revamp the LB group over the next couple of seasons those big DL will make a whole lot more sense. They're the youngest unit on the team and have plenty of room to go up.

The rest of the D is thanking Jah there's Revis.

Eli was horrific in the first half of that game and the second half he was heaving up prayers all over the freaking field

the Giant WRs were wide open emphasis on W-I-I-I-I-D-E. I think Eli is great. But those receivers had a cakewalk. And Talib held on every play.

BALLS.

You can pound that kid into the ground and he'll still stick it to you in the end.

He doesn't flinch.

Now if we're talking about a whole season I might side with another qb... might.

Eli might not be statistically elite because of all the INTs, but Favre was like that too. I will just say this: Fourth Quarter on-----I want Eli. In our case I would take him first quarter on right now. But that goes without saying, I suppose.

John Harbaugh's strategy to win the Super Bowl is "hoping to get lucky". Nice. Thats the type of leader I want around my team. "Hey guys, are goal this year is to get lucky and win the SB. Go get'em!" Pretty big POS, this article.

And why do you refuse to acknowledge that Rex Ryan has had the best pass defense in the league during his tenure with the NY Jets?

lol....yeah thats pretty pathetic

It has changed. The emphasis is on physical ability, and not decision making.

That's why there are hundreds of physically capable linemen, and a scant few that can keep up with their

assignments.. leading to failure.

Just an opinion.

As for Eli being elite, he doesn't *act* elite.. B) he is inconsistent.., so some have the *learned* opinion he isn't elite.

The way I see it, he will be considered elite, in the years to come, no matter what.. so meh, he can have the title now. Hope

he wears it better than some *elite* QBs.

What happens in the years to come is irrelevant. There are people that want to call Simms elite now and part of that is based on the 2 super bowl wins. Never mind the fact that the guy didn't even play in the playoffs or super bowl for the 2nd one and was never among the best QBs in the league - Top 10? Sure. Top 5? Maybe, top 3? Never. IMO Eli simply isn't in the conversation for the best in the league, but there is no shame in that. He is very good and has proven he can win the big one. That's probably more important.

BALLS.

He doesn't flinch.

Doesn't flinch? The guy flinches and heaves the ball off his back foot ALL THE TIME. He has success, don't get me wrong, but he certainly doesn't stand up to pressure any better than anybody else. He does keep slinging it. One game to win and I'm taking one of the QBs that is obviously better than him, like Rodgers or Brees, but he's not a bad choice.

Give me a QB, that has a quick release and is accurate. Give me a WR that is not afraid to get physical and can catch the ball. Give me a running back that can cut back and can average 5 yards per game. Give me a MLB that is fast and knows how to tackle first, and tries to strip the ball second. Give me corners who are quick and aggressive and safeties who hit, and force the play away from them.

Can you please name this team?

Give me a QB, that has a quick release and is accurate. Give me a WR that is not afraid to get physical and can catch the ball. Give me a running back that can cut back and can average 5 yards per game. Give me a MLB that is fast and knows how to tackle first, and tries to strip the ball second. Give me corners who are quick and aggressive and safeties who hit, and force the play away from them.

Sorry meant 5 yards per carry.

I think we've already got a full stable of running backs capable of averaging 5 yards per game.

*unsuccessfully hides raging hard on*

DA 49ERS!!!!!

Archived