You know what amazes me....

JFtoLong

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMFAO about winning with a dogsh*t QB. that being said, if Rex does not lead the Jets deep into the playoffs this season, it is his fault. He has put this team in said dogsh*t QB's hands, saying he will no longer be perceived as a weakness but a strength now in his 4th year. If Rex cannot pull this off with said mediocre QB, it is and should be his fault. He drafted him, put confidence in him. He should lie in his bed.....

I'm not denying this or exonerating Rex for his role in trading up to take Sanchez. Rex may well get fired for it. But that doesn't make him a bad coach. Sanchez is what he is. Still damn impressive that Rex has never had a losing season here despite bottom 5 QB play. Especially in today's NFL.

How much hate there is for Sanchez among Jets fans, and how much slack Ryan and the defense is given.

Ryan has been here for now his 4th season, every year so far the defense has regressed. We will see how this year pans out.

Sanchez has had a crap line and crap receivers for 2 years, and is cut no slack by many Jets fans.

Ryan on the other hand spends all of his time and energy on the defense, seems to only want to draft and sign defensive players, and yet is regarded as the Messiah by many Jets fans.

I just don't get it.

Yes, Ryan had some early success, with a ton of good fortune, but the defense has consistently gone down hill.

Sanchez has shown me at least, that if given time, when receivers are open, he can be an adequate starting QB.

Ryan has shown me zero to make me believe he is anything more than a defensive coordinator.

I just don't get the love affair with Ryan, and the hatred for Sanchez.

It's like every bad pass Sanchez throws, overwrites 10 good passes.

His receivers play like dog sh*t, and it's his fault for throwing one bad pass, which EVERY QB in football does, EVERY ONE.

Ryan's defense does not really fool anyone anymore, can not get off the field on 3rd downs, cannot generate any real pressure, cannot cover TE's or RB's.

Ryan gets an awful lot of love for a guy who has won nothing as a Jet.

Sorry, AFCC games don't impress me, SB's do.

Ryan has not won one yet.

For those bashing Sanchez at every turn, I think Ryan deserves as much if not more heat than Sanchez.

I just don't get the love affair. I don't know if Jets fans like the trash talk, or what it is.

Rex is a fuxkin snake oil charlatan. "if you take a swipe at one of our's we'll take a swipe at two of yours?" Still want to know which Jets went after Timmons last week. ****ing a$$hole Rex. I was just on an elevator with him and Eric LeGrand last week, but what do you say when you have Eric LeGrand there. It was him, Woody, Tanny and Sanchez all in my office for Sept 11 charity day. Just coming off the Buffalo win. Tough to bust on that mood but would've really liked to been like hey coach you're a blowhard , big fckin whoop you beat buffalo.

Rex is a fuxkin snake oil charlatan. "if you take a swipe at one of our's we'll take a swipe at two of yours?" Still want to know which Jets went after Timmons last week. ****ing a$$hole Rex. I was just on an elevator with him and Eric LeGrand last week, but what do you say when you have Eric LeGrand there. It was him, Woody, Tanny and Sanchez all in my office for Sept 11 charity day. Just coming off the Buffalo win. Tough to bust on that mood but would've really liked to been like hey coach you're a blowhard , big fckin whoop you beat buffalo.

PERFECT description of Rex.

I hope he proves me wrong, we shall see

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Go figure.

There is no need to explain it away, he has been inconsistent at best.

But again, so has the defense.

Last week the defense sucked as bad if not worse than Sanchez, and nobody criticizes Ryan, or say, hey, Revis was out.

But it's not an excuse that the WR's suck?

That is crap.

The offensive talent sucks, and sucked last year too.

All I am saying is Ryan deserves as much criticism as Sanchez, if not more as the head coach, yet Jets fans love him and hate Sanchez, its irrational.

A defense that has been in the top 5 for three years straight is inconsistent? Buddy, when the defense is on the field for most of the game, they start to get tired and play like sh*t.

I don't agree.

Rex has one of the best defensive players in the league, maybe of all time in Revis. That is a huge advantage to Rex that Sanchez does not have.

Now that Sanchez is at a point where it is fair to evaluate him (year 4), he has no oline, no receivers, and no running game.

I put those flaws on Rex as much as anyone else.

Bro, throughout the years Sanchize has had a top 5 running game, decent receivers, and a top 10 oline at the very least. In his rookie year we had the number 1 ranked defense and running game. In his 2nd year, we had the 3rd ranked defense and 4th ranked rushing offense. In his 3rd year he had the 5th ranked defense. So tell me where exactly is this crappy team that's around Sanchez?

Just bumped into Pete DeBoer at a bar, spoke with him for over five minutes, so friendly, talked to my girl and her friend, took pics, such a cool guy, the total opposite of Rex who won't even look at you in the eye'

He doesn't have much to do these days.

Bro, throughout the years Sanchize has had a top 5 running game, decent receivers, and a top 10 oline at the very least. In his rookie year we had the number 1 ranked defense and running game. In his 2nd year, we had the 3rd ranked defense and 4th ranked rushing offense. In his 3rd year he had the 5th ranked defense. So tell me where exactly is this crappy team that's around Sanchez?

I have said numerous times year 1 and 2 he had good talent around him, and considering his inexperience, I thought he played pretty well those two years.

Most people thought he should not even be starting year 1 because he came out of school early and was young.

Year 3 the running game, pass protection, and WR's all sucked, and he played like crap.

This year they did not much at all to improve the WR, running game or the pass protection, it's early but we will see.

After year 2, NOBODY was talking about how bad Sanchez was, NOBODY.

After last year, he became the worst QB in the league.

He got absolutely killed last year, think of the Ravens game, think of the Broncos game, and many others as well.

Hard to expect a young QB to perfrorm well in those circumstances.

But Jets fans hate him, they expect him to overcome EVERYTHING.

After year 2, NOBODY was talking about how bad Sanchez was, NOBODY.

Not true. A minority was definitely questioning whether Sanchez was going to be any good. Year 3 was all about him taking that "next step". Normally a QB who isn't questioned doesn't need to take a "next step". Any idiot realized a 53.8 % comp pct (2009) and 54.8 % (2010) weren't going to cut it. And they were proven correct.

But Jets fans hate him, they expect him to overcome EVERYTHING.

I just expect a top 5 pick to perform reasonably well, not be, you know, a bottom 5 QB according to just about every available metric. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

He's not a franchise QB and that's cool. But when the best thing you can say about him is he's better than, say, a Kyle Boller, that won't do.

Not true. A minority was definitely questioning whether Sanchez was going to be any good. Year 3 was all about him taking that "next step". Normally a QB who isn't questioned doesn't need to take a "next step". Any idiot realized a 53.8 % comp pct (2009) and 54.8 % (2010) weren't going to cut it. And they were proven correct.

The consensus opinion after 2010 was that it was all on Sanchez to take the team to the next level, with most realizing that relying on the defense to maintain that level of dominance was unrealistic.

Archived