Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't make sense to me. Please explain.

JIF doesn't really defend well as town, probably worse than when he defends as scum.

I want to hear from him today, before I make any more judgements.

Ape, give me a good reason to move my vote off of you. I was down for your lynch until I realized the game becomes boring when you're not around, especially with all these new people not playing.

I didn't realize you were voting me still. It's a waste of a vote, tbh. What is your actual case, or do you even have one? What about my play has been "scummy" beyond how scummy I always seem when I'm scum hunting?

Okay.

Hmm....

Vote: Kae

My feelings still haven't changed. Sakaea is posting to post, not really adding anything to the game. She's questioned ape's rational of voting but hasn't added any real game thoughts.

Ape vs. AVM is getting interesting. Out of the two I'd be leaning more to a vote on AVM, but I'm not wanting to change my vote yet.

Did a very short more of a skim read through. This recent post from Leelou is pinging.

Her initial vote, from what I can tell on Kae seemed to be a throw away, lulz, type vote. There was no substance behind it, there was no reasoning, just a vote. Never defended the position but now since her vote an hour into the game, she has a case as if she ever had feelings toward Kae. And her case is one that could easily be said about her own play. Seems fishy, bury a vote, dont get my hands dirty type play. Especially when there had been some good stuff exchanged at that point between Ape vs. SMC or AVM.

I'm going to Unvote Vote Leelou

Regardless of the ape's alignment, it doesn't change the fact that he's manipulated the facts on more than one occasion (with Verb as well). If you didn't ****ing do that constantly maybe people wouldn't suspect you every game.

That last post just now calling any vote on him a wasted vote...classic ape. I can't decide if it's town ape arrogance thinking that everyone should just believe he's town (there's so much proof!...according to him) or scum ape confidently dismissing anyone voting him.

Feeling worse about 80. Not because of potentially moving off the ape but the "I decided this game isn't fun without you...tell me why to not vote you" line.

JiF just voted Leelou as I was typing this, and I could definitely go in that direction. She seems to be doing that skating by act she does as scum with a vote on an inactive, comment on the big train, but not ready to move my vote yet. It's a popular scum tactic.

Still don't like the ape but lordy lordy we can't have this game without him! Could vote for hatter too.

For now though, I'll follow JiFs lead. unvote vote Leelou

Did a very short more of a skim read through. This recent post from Leelou is pinging.

Her initial vote, from what I can tell on Kae seemed to be a throw away, lulz, type vote. There was no substance behind it, there was no reasoning, just a vote. Never defended the position but now since her vote an hour into the game, she has a case as if she ever had feelings toward Kae. And her case is one that could easily be said about her own play. Seems fishy, bury a vote, dont get my hands dirty type play. Especially when there had been some good stuff exchanged at that point between Ape vs. SMC or AVM.

So, while my vote is on you, you are convinced I'm scum.

The minute I re-direct, you move on. Your conviction is astounding. So basically your "Ape is scum, and this isn't OMGUS he's doing things" case on me was complete hogwash.

Regardless of the ape's alignment, it doesn't change the fact that he's manipulated the facts on more than one occasion (with Verb as well). If you didn't ****ing do that constantly maybe people wouldn't suspect you every game.

That last post just now calling any vote on him a wasted vote...classic ape. I can't decide if it's town ape arrogance thinking that everyone should just believe he's town (there's so much proof!...according to him) or scum ape confidently dismissing anyone voting him.

Feeling worse about 80. Not because of potentially moving off the ape but the "I decided this game isn't fun without you...tell me why to not vote you" line.

JiF just voted Leelou as I was typing this, and I could definitely go in that direction. She seems to be doing that skating by act she does as scum with a vote on an inactive, comment on the big train, but not ready to move my vote yet. It's a popular scum tactic.

Still don't like the ape but lordy lordy we can't have this game without him! Could vote for hatter too.

For now though, I'll follow JiFs lead. unvote vote Leelou

I called 80's vote on me a wasted vote. Get your facts straight, THEN you can accuse me of manipulating the truth. Idiot.

Good observation on Leelou. It is a similar universal scum tell. It's similar to what I was accusing you of earlier in the game, commenting on me vs. SMC but not committing to it.

Yes, the vote was initially just a throw away whatever, Day 1 type of vote. But as the day progressed she hasn't done anything to make me want to change it.

Hatter's posts are looking on the scummy side, but I think that is part of the way he plays. He normally trips up as mafia though.

This is the exchange, including your "chime in":

Listen everyone uses meta. I'm accusing you of saying that is how I drown myself out, you know damn well that meta isn't what drowns me out... it is when I start arguing over the fringe comments non-essential to my case (which is usually the scum tactic to render me irrelevant, and I KNOW SMC has successfully escaped my cases in the past by doing just this) and repeating my case over-and-over.

Meta has nothing to do with why I drown myself out. I let myself be sucked into distracting debates that undermine my cases, hell Verbal has told me exactly this in the past.

So yeah, I'm calling him a liar for what he said above.

No. I'm not lying. You make cases, ok. Good. But you bring meta in, fine. Lots of people do. Still good. But you drown yourself out when you begin relying too heavily on it.

Example:

Post 1 - Ape makes case based on in-game analysis (doesn't matter if he's right or not - not the point)

Post 2 - Ape reiterates case, and maybe provides more thoughts (fine, still focused)

Posts 3 through 852 - Ape drowning himself out by bringing in the aforementioned meta examples I used in my prior post (this was my point)

I was not critiquing your scumhunting or general play - I was specifically addressing how you "drown yourself out". Other people don't let you - you do it to yourself.

Can we move on from this now?

Either way, it's not an indictment. I just thinks he's full of sh*t about what he said... and he very well could have posted that so I'd argue about that with him, instead of focusing on my case at the time.

Which proves my point.

If that was my intent, I would not have stopped talking about it. I only made a post or two on the topic.

No. I'm not lying. You make cases, ok. Good. But you bring meta in, fine. Lots of people do. Still good. But you drown yourself out when you begin relying too heavily on it.

Example:

Post 1 - Ape makes case based on in-game analysis (doesn't matter if he's right or not - not the point)

Post 2 - Ape reiterates case, and maybe provides more thoughts (fine, still focused)

Posts 3 through 852 - Ape drowning himself out by bringing in the aforementioned meta examples I used in my prior post (this was my point)

I was not critiquing your scumhunting or general play - I was specifically addressing how you "drown yourself out". Other people don't let you - you do it to yourself.

Can we move on from this now?

If that was my intent, I would not have stopped talking about it. I only made a post or two on the topic.

I know I do it to myself, it is implied by the statement "I drown myself out".

It is not through meta though, it is through being baited into argument the non-essential facts. I take the bait, too readily, too often. Meta in my cases has nothing to do with it, it's all about me badgering people and arguing everything irrelevant to the case.

Case in point, you only needed to make one post for it to spin out into a debate of facts irrelevant to the game, "what derails Ape", which took me off the focus of casing SMC.

You may be sincere, you may not be... you have to be intelligent enough to see what I mean though, and why I'd dispute your initial statement.

@LilyModGoddess... when is the deadline, exactly?

Also, have you nudged all these inactive players? At this rate, I'm concerned inactivity could prevent reaching a majority. THAT to me is unacceptable inactivity, probably the only time I'll complain about that.

So, while my vote is on you, you are convinced I'm scum.

The minute I re-direct, you move on. Your conviction is astounding. So basically your "Ape is scum, and this isn't OMGUS he's doing things" case on me was complete hogwash.

What do you call it? Pounding the grass or something? Nothing seems to be moving, I could go back to you any time I want. You're on my list, but currently, I like this move. Guess what, I might change my mind again. /gasp!

Stop being so myopic. This game isnt about you.

I like Ishy and Verb on pure gut. I like you and Leelou on game play. Right now, I'm going to see what Leelou brings us.

GFY

Yes, the vote was initially just a throw away whatever, Day 1 type of vote. But as the day progressed she hasn't done anything to make me want to change it.

Hatter's posts are looking on the scummy side, but I think that is part of the way he plays. He normally trips up as mafia though.

Is Kae the scummiest player in the game right now in your opinion?

I didn't realize you were voting me still. It's a waste of a vote, tbh. What is your actual case, or do you even have one? What about my play has been "scummy" beyond how scummy I always seem when I'm scum hunting?

My case was "lynch the Ape on Thanksgiving? I'm down."

It's not Thanksgiving anymore so I have sad.

Unvote

By the way guys, I have a job interview with a big pharmaceutical product development company on Thursday, so my play will likely be sporadic at times.

I'm excited but nervous. We're talking a 60 - 70 % pay bump from what I make at my current job if I get it. It's the kind of deal where my current work is just a job, this new job would become a career.

Luckily both my roommates work at the company, one of which actually CONDUCTS interviews there, and they are going to coach me up the next couple nights.

What do you call it? Pounding the grass or something? Nothing seems to be moving, I could go back to you any time I want. You're on my list, but currently, I like this move. Guess what, I might change my mind again. /gasp!

Stop being so myopic. This game isnt about you.

I like Ishy and Verb on pure gut. I like you and Leelou on game play. Right now, I'm going to see what Leelou brings us.

GFY

Myopic means tunnel vision on one person.

Self-centered means thinking the game is all about me. As long as I'm doing the bulk of the work, then **** you, it's about me and the scum hunting I'm doing.

Glad to see you doing something though, fart face.

I know I do it to myself, it is implied by the statement "I drown myself out".

It is not through meta though, it is through being baited into argument the non-essential facts. I take the bait, too readily, too often. Meta in my cases has nothing to do with it, it's all about me badgering people and arguing everything irrelevant to the case.

Case in point, you only needed to make one post for it to spin out into a debate of facts irrelevant to the game, "what derails Ape", which took me off the focus of casing SMC.

You may be sincere, you may not be... you have to be intelligent enough to see what I mean though, and why I'd dispute your initial statement.

Fair enough.

By the way guys, I have a job interview with a big pharmaceutical product development company on Thursday, so my play may will likely be sporadic at times.

I'm excited but nervous. We're talking a 60 - 70 % pay bump from what I make at my current job if I get it. It's the kind of deal where my current work is just a job, this new job would become a career.

Luckily both my roommates work at the company, one of which actually CONDUCTS interviews there, and they are going to coach me up the next couple nights.

Best of luck you pedophile drug addict psychopath. I hope they don't do an audit of your interwebz history.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mmmmmrrrrrrrraaaaaaooooowwwwwwww....

that's pussy... cat... for what?

oh and good luck but... it took me all of two weeks to outspend the last raise like that I got so...

um... nvm, you'll find out.

good luck.

I'm not voting your ass out of the game for that though.

Archived