Murder by Death Mafia (Game Thread)

WWWWombat

Understood it's the nature of the game. You are slipping into your mode were everything in the game relates to you and you choose the words to the narrative. Not sure what it means just noticing it happening. Can't say it's not a little bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

D2 started off with a narrative-driven case ON me, and the only way I know how to scum hunt is to make people react TO me. Soo... it is unavoidable.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning.

The girl is here for a bit. might be scarce for a few hours though.

Yeah, week before Christmas I'm overloaded with end-of-year, end-of-quarter assignments. Plus we are going to Aruba next week, so we've got a lot of sh*t to tend to outside work too.

Anyway, you seemed most certain of everyone that Pac was lying. Why?

Yeah, week before Christmas I'm overloaded with end-of-year, end-of-quarter assignments. Plus we are going to Aruba next week, so we've got a lot of sh*t to tend to outside work too.

Because of the way he went about revealing, first as a vanilla when he was at L-1 and then after he thought he was hammered revealed at a 1 time lie detector and claimed to have used it on a statement from Hess about 80's alignment. All sounded like a lie.

Because of the way he went about revealing, first as a vanilla when he was at L-1 and then after he thought he was hammered revealed at a 1 time lie detector and claimed to have used it on a statement from Hess about 80's alignment. All sounded like a lie.

Who do you want to lynch?

Did you use Pitta? Won every league I started him...only problem was didn't use him as many times as I used Jimmy Graham.

Understood it's the nature of the game. You are slipping into your mode were everything in the game relates to you and you choose the words to the narrative. Not sure what it means just noticing it happening. Can't say it's not a little bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

This. There is the notion that Ape is the sun and we all revolve around it.

Pac killed JiF out of spite I would think. Pac does that alot in mafia. Now who would be complicit in that? I'm not sure who else to cast light on at this stage. Before I said I was willing to vote Pac, Sakea and JiF. JiF turned out town and Pac scum. So let's see what we get with Sakea.

Vote: Sakaea

Did you use Pitta? Won every league I started him...only problem was didn't use him as many times as I used Jimmy Graham.

I did in one league. Good call.

Thank goodness. Bennet, along with Tynes, Doug Martin, Josh Gordon, Ridley, Denario Alexander, all killed my best team this year.

Literally I rolled into the playoffs with that team outscoring the next best team by 30-40 points a week. I lost Gronk and Harvin and managed to get better.... then it all caught up with me this week. Literally Calvin Johnson, Marshawn and Luck were the only guys that showed up, somewhat.

I did in one league. Good call.

Thank goodness. Bennet, along with Tynes, Doug Martin, Josh Gordon, Ridley, Denario Alexander, all killed my best team this year.

Literally I rolled into the playoffs with that team outscoring the next best team by 30-40 points a week. I lost Gronk and Harvin and managed to get better.... then it all caught up with me this week. Literally Calvin Johnson, Marshawn and Luck were the only guys that showed up, somewhat.

Gordon killed me in many contests as well...shoulda went with Crabtree...live and learn...

Gordon killed me in many contests as well...shoulda went with Crabtree...live and learn...

Yup. Crabtree was sitting on my wire, and I looked at him... and then read how NE hadn't allowed a TD to a WR in 3 weeks or some sh*t.

Oh well.

I'm advancing to the championship in my other league. Plus, my wife just won our survivor pool. She picked Miami to beat Jax, while the other guy left picked Detroit. LOL

2nd time in 3 years she's won this thing. I won it the year in between. 30 people. Not bad for us, and I never help her. EVER.

Sakkabagodicks.

The butthurt nonsense about people misspelling your make-believe fairy name on the internet is for DM. If you whine about it here, it'll never stop.

Like christine saying not to call her lady ape. That worked out well for her.

Sakkabagodicks.

The butthurt nonsense about people misspelling your make-believe fairy name on the internet is for DM. If you whine about it here, it'll never stop.

Like christine saying not to call her lady ape. That worked out well for her.

But she is lady ape....well...more like lady ape from the black lagoon....

This. There is the notion that Ape is the sun and we all revolve around it.

Pac killed JiF out of spite I would think. Pac does that alot in mafia. Now who would be complicit in that? I'm not sure who else to cast light on at this stage. Before I said I was willing to vote Pac, Sakea and JiF. JiF turned out town and Pac scum. So let's see what we get with Sakea.

Vote: Sakaea

Ha-ha mon ami....iz not a bad vote! Perhaps your vote would be better served on Mademoiselle Leelou, no? vote: Leelou

You may not have heard...but I have proclaimed ze Hess town zis game. Where Hess, ZE CRUSHER, and ze most awesome mafia player in ze entire universe on Leelou you can rest assured she is ze dirty nasty scum...lovely and wonderful as she may be.

ALLONS-Y MES AMIS!

Ha-ha mon ami....iz not a bad vote! Perhaps your vote would be better served on Mademoiselle Leelou, no? vote: Leelou

You may not have heard...but I have proclaimed ze Hess town zis game. Where Hess, ZE CRUSHER, and ze most awesome mafia player in ze entire universe on Leelou you can rest assured she is ze dirty nasty scum...lovely and wonderful as she may be.

ALLONS-Y MES AMIS!

Ze most awesome mafia player is incorrect in his assessment of the lovely and wonderful lady.

LOL, JF80.

Unvote: Pac

BTW, a complaint about mechanics. It's WoMod to decide, but I think that having a LD test a statement by a player against another player is against the spirit of the role. The LD should be based on personal statements. The other player doesn't know whether he is telling the truth about another player. It's a guess (unless they have a result). So the statement itself is neither true nor false. Only the player him or herself can make a true or false statement about him or herself.

We had this issue in another game.

Pipe down, what you say now is irrelevant. You could be 100% truthful in your reveal, but that means nothing to how the LD would work. Hence, we need mod confirmation.

These two posts feel like SMC was trying to help Pac along with his botched reveals and trying to buy him some time to have more people unvote and look elsewhere.

vote SMC

I dont know what JC's actual agenda is here, I figured I should wait until more people see his case before shredding it. If he's making a play against me as scum, it'll become clear with some back and forth. Don't wan to blow up his trap, if it is one and he's town. You seem tentative about getting caught in it.

I'll note that you don't seem to want to do any thinking on your own, you are waiting to see what the majority does when the game picks back up, and that you've endorsed (but not voted) his narrative-driven case that takes complete advantage of how things look upon hindsight with the actual context of what was going on at the time stripped away in place of his spin.

I haven't really been able to get into this game. I've been too busy to give it the time it deserves. So, no, I haven't been doing any thinking of my own yet.

Archived