New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't jif just do this last game?

I'm fine with a mass reveal btw, but i think it gets town power roles killed as scum can probably safely choose fringe players as safe claims

I feel like somewhere in the past couple pages you started agreeing with me, and Pac stopped. You were arguing for it, and Pac against it, and suddenly vice versa it seems.

WTF is going on here... ?

College stand out. Former first round pick. Off the charts measurables. The fans loved him. He had an AWESOME beard. And most importantly, BG was the best damn down the field blocker in the NFL.

But the Jets didn't want him.

Fans cried that this would cause the downfall of the Jets...and surely, the Jets went down hill. Sanchez regressed, the offense looked like a winless pop warner teams, and there were no receivers blocking down field.

But the Jets didn't want him.

So when receivers began to fall like gnats, fans begged for his return. They begged to see old man BG with his old man beard and old school blocking back in the green and white. He was meant for New York, they said. He loved it here, they said....he actually wanted to be here! How many players could fans say that about with this current joke of a team.

So the ownership relented, and brought him back.

But when they did things didn't improve. In fact, they got worse. So the players blamed him, because he wasn't like the rest of them. He was bearded and awesome, and the fans actually liked him.

"You guys don't want me here, and that's cool -- but I live to be a Jet! I love New York and it's fans...why don't you guys want me here?" BG begged...but it didn't matter.

The rest of the team got together and went to Woody, claiming that Braylon was the cause of this entire mess. He had been feeding info to the beat writers ever since his first stint with the team, and wanted nothing more than to see the downfall of the team that cut him. So Woody called BG into his office along with the staff, and let him know he was off the team.

BG shed a couple tears as he left the complex. He really did love New York. Maybe they'll appreciate down field blocking in the CFL?

braylon-edwards-jets.jpg

BG, Braylon Edwards, vanilla town, is cut from the Jets....permanently.

It is now Night 2. N2 deadline 10 AM EST Wednesday (but don't make us wait that long, please).

***As I know you guys have noticed my scenes do hint at the way people "go out" I want to note that the only reason Dans character died from a lynching was a -- because I hate Eric Smith, and b -- I wanted it to be different as it was a self voting jester that, while town aligned, was not a true town character. That is the difference between the two scenes, nothing more.

Just FYI..

Roster

1. JiF

2. JVoR

3. Dan -- Lynched Day 1

4. Verbal

5. Leelou

6. Smash

7. Pac

8. SMC

9. Lily <3 -- Killed Day 2

10. Crush

11. BG -- Lynched Day 2

12. 80

13. Darthe -- Killed Night 1

14. Wombat

15. Ape

16. Hess -- Killed Day 1

17. Nolder

18. CTM

19. Sharrow

20. Vic

21. Ishy -- Killed Night 1

22. HeavyFog

Didn't jif just do this last game?

I'm fine with a mass reveal btw, but i think it gets town power roles killed as scum can probably safely choose fringe players as safe claims

Well if Leelou is authentic then they know not to shoot her and if they're looking for power roles there's 3 others that can be eliminated.

Not sure how much longer you want to wait to protect our massive power roles... cause so far all I've seen are roleless townies and a mason die.

I feel like somewhere in the past couple pages you started agreeing with me, and Pac stopped. You were arguing for it, and Pac against it, and suddenly vice versa it seems.

WTF is going on here... ?

I was never for character reveals per se because I think it's bush league. I also don't think it will get us what we're looking for.

I only advocated it after everyone kept insisting how super duper important it was. Funny how as soon as I started promoting a mass character reveal, everyone clammed up.

Who do they think we're protecting? What Jet player would certainly be a cop, or a watcher, etc.

I think the whole thing is horsesh-t and CTM is scum.

I was never for character reveals per se because I think it's bush league. I also don't think it will get us what we're looking for.

I only advocated it after everyone kept insisting how super duper important it was. Funny how as soon as I started promoting a mass character reveal, everyone clammed up.

Who do they think we're protecting? What Jet player would certainly be a cop, or a watcher, etc.

You're a moron.I think it's clear that the Jets best players are going to have power roles,

Pennington is a Jet great and he's a SK... A good player doesn't necessarily mean townie.

Which is my whole flipping point.

Pennington is the worst jet player in the history of the team. Of course he's the SK, he killed the Jets for 8 freaken years

Yeah, see this is the point I thought both you and I were making. CTM was taking what I thought was the counter-point, then you made a post towards the end of the bickering that I thought was a contradiction to everything you and I had said, but maybe you were be facetious, you had made a couple other posts that sort of came across that way.

CTM was doing is pied-piper thing propagating an inquisition on anyone not over-reacting to the conversation about mass revealing, even in my case when I clearly did weigh in on it. Then he suddenly made a post that sounded in-sync with what you and I were saying earlier.

At the risk of getting into a he-said, she-said with him where he starts spinning things, my stance on the mass reveal is this: we are more likely to have power roles being the better Jets players, making it easier for scum to ID them, than we are to have scum reveal with names that make it obvious they are scum. If we are taking the "gaming the mod" approach, I give AVM more credit than to design a game where a mass character reveal would end the game. I have to assume that scum has safe reveals, or that we over-bought into the assumption that character will dictate role.

I think it's more reasonable to scum hunt based on game play. CTM, Vic, Smash, 80 and JVOR. That's where I think we need to be concentrating our efforts. Right now, we run the risk of only focusing on mouthy players - while lurkers roll.

Im not sure who the bigger idiot is SMC or the APE . wtf with you guys ?

Ping. **** you and your mock outrage.

you could have given him a few minutes no ? I didnt bring him to L-1 for that very reason then you and monkey breath swoop in and boom

GTFOutta here with this sh*t. He sat L2 and refused to reveal.

I put him at L1 because yet another person took position around his lynch (Crusher). Based on the maneuvering around BG trains on D1 and D2, he was extremely informative, especially if he flipped scum. Back in the old days, that is how mafia was played here... not all this faggy arguing about character reveals... you looked at who maneuvered and how, cased and lynched. Then draw conclusions when you gain the context of their alignment, and repeat.

1. JiF

2. JVoR

3. Dan (lynched D1, Eric Smith, Jester solo-win)

4. Verbal

5. Leelou (revealed Nick Mangold on D1, Doc)[

6. Smash

7. Pac (revealed Shonn Green on D1, no role)

8. SMC

9. Lily <3 (noodled D2, Coples, Mason)

10. Crush

11. BG (lynched D2, Braylon, vanilla)

12. 80

13. Darthe (out for season N1, Dustin Keller, vanilla)

14. Wombat

15. Ape

16. Hess (noodled D1, Revis, mod-confirmed townie)

17. Nolder (revealed as Mason partner to Lily, D2)

18. CTM

19. Sharrow

20. Vic

21. Ishy (killed N1, Jeremy Kerley, vanilla)

22. HeavyFog

Official Final Day 1 Vote Count

Wombat (2): HeavyFog, SMC

Pac (1): Vic

BG (2): Ishy, CTM

JVoY (1): Ape

Darthe (1): Leroy

Dan (11): JiF, Nolder, Smash, Wombat, Crusher, Darthe, JVoY, 80, Lily, Pac, Dan

SMC (2): Sharrow

Ishy (1): BG

(Ape added: With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. I also fixed the votes on BG, which were incorrect.)

Official Day 2 Vote Count

BG (9): 80, Pac, Wombat, Nolder, CTM, Leelou, JiF, Ape, SMC

Vic (2): Ape, Crush

Nolder (2): BG, Verb

(Ape added: With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Not voting (4): Smash, HeavyFog, Vic, JVOR)

Ping. **** you and your mock outrage.

GTFOutta here with this sh*t. He sat L2 and refused to reveal.

I put him at L1 because yet another person took position around his lynch (Crusher). Based on the maneuvering around BG trains on D1 and D2, he was extremely informative, especially if he flipped scum. Back in the old days, that is how mafia was played here... not all this faggy arguing about character reveals... you looked at who maneuvered and how, cased and lynched. Then draw conclusions when you gain the context of their alignment, and repeat.

gfy ...mock outrage my ass ...he was at L-4 when he refused to reveal not at L-2 you skimming douche. I dont play the mock outrage game and you know it.

gfy ...mock outrage my ass ...he was at L-4 when he refused to reveal not at L-2 you skimming douche. I dont play the mock outrage game and you know it.

On this one you're wrong tonto..

BG acted like he had 1 foot in the grave at L7, then today comes in saying you'll never ever believe my reveal.. What reveal? Roleless townie Braylon Edwards?

He should have just said that in the first place. Instead he got into a multi-paragrah flame war with anyone who dared vote him. His play this game was useless and counterproductive. He sh-t the bed and got dead for it. C'est la vie.

Yeah, he was at L4 when he refused, which implies you either have to kill him or run him up higher. He sat at L2 for a couple hours, JIF put him at L2.

Vic, BG, CTM, Ape - all good candidates for scum

Unvote

Vote BG

You should know that because you were attentively counting votes:

Official Day 2 Vote Count

BG (7): 80, Pac, Wombat, Nolder, CTM, Leelou, JIF

Vic (2): Ape, Crusher

Nolder (2): BG, Verbal

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Pretty sure this is correct

Crusher was willing, and/or nudging.

A lot of back and forth bullsh*t in this game. I have some angry wookie in me and I have no problem hammering BG after his reveal.

So, I wanted to see if L1 got a reveal and/or Crusher to act on his promise. Crusher disappeared, and SMC hammered almost immediately.

Fat mock outrage.

You followed me on Vic... and now this, I'd like to see if you'll follow through.

Putting mass character claim aside, and focusing on scum hunting the old-fashioned way... BG is still the most informative lynch I see. If he flips scum, I think it provides context for a lot of the maneuvering on D1 and D2.

Unvote

Vote BG

Vote: BG

Then JIF tried to wash his hands of it, like a pig.

Lulz. This game is a nightmare. You guys suck. I'm so glad I havent had a hand in any of this catastrophe.

Pac called him on it.

From like 2 hours ago...

lol.. can I haz catastrophe?

GFY. Mock outrage.

My list of foses at this point would be:

Vicious, SMC, Heavyfog, Smash, and Verbal. Any of those candidates I'd be happy to lynch when it's day. I usually suspect CTM pretty hard, but I think he's town this game. Wombat I feel okay with.

Why do you think CTM is town?

Why do you think CTM is town?

Mostly gut at this point, as is most of my suspicions. Contrary to what he's known for, I feel like he half-heartedly tries to trap people when he's scum to make it seem like scumhunting. I feel like he's actually seems engaged in trying to hunt to me. Plus, his reactions to me tend to be different when he's scum vs. when he's town and he brought my name out of nowhere cause I've been acting sketchy.

Mostly gut at this point, as is most of my suspicions. Contrary to what he's known for, I feel like he half-heartedly tries to trap people when he's scum to make it seem like scumhunting. I feel like he's actually seems engaged in trying to hunt to me. Plus, his reactions to me tend to be different when he's scum vs. when he's town and he brought my name out of nowhere cause I've been acting sketchy.

CTM brought your name out of nowhere? Nobody else mentioned you this game?

of course I expect the defense of stupidity or Scum but dont call me mock.... everything I stated is exactly how it went down in the thread . God for bid I should get upset by blind lynches that actully turn out to be town ...retards. Now all of a sudden a few hours is like an eternity and the day lasted what about 6 hours ? Give me a break.

On this one you're wrong tonto..

BG acted like he had 1 foot in the grave at L7, then today comes in saying you'll never ever believe my reveal.. What reveal? Roleless townie Braylon Edwards?

He should have just said that in the first place. Instead he got into a multi-paragrah flame war with anyone who dared vote him. His play this game was useless and counterproductive. He sh-t the bed and got dead for it. C'est la vie.

How am I wrong Pac ? I stated BG said he would not reveal when he was at L-4 thats all I said. so how exactly was that wrong ? Your twisting sh*t. I understand the APE is an Idiot but hes a genuine one, your saying sh*t thats not within my post at all. BG was acting Like an Idiot for most of the game we are all well aware of that he obviously has some type of post restriction.

Archived