Should Vlad have released the photos already?

Maxman

Clearly Vlad has photos of Mike Tannenbaum in compromising positions.  The question is, did Vlad wait too long to release them?  Is it too late, Tanny is unemployed, nobody will care if they are released now.

There is no other way to explain all the support and public love that Tanny sent Vlad's way over the years.

He's even worse than mediocre, but that still doesn't warrant this bull for a bottom of the 2nd round guy.  I think he played about 1/3 the snaps this year and IMO was not visibly worse than Slauson.  

The Jets gave him a 1st round grade.  And Matt Slauson was a 6th rounder.  You know, the place where good GM's typically find some decent starting o-linemen.  If you draft a non-LT in the 2nd round, he better damn well be the starter at the position for the next 5 years or so.

The Jets gave him a 1st round grade.  And Matt Slauson was a 6th rounder.  You know, the place where good GM's typically find some decent starting o-linemen.  If you draft a non-LT in the 2nd round, he better damn well be the starter at the position for the next 5 years or so.

You people believe everything you read.  They had a first round grade on Vlad.  Sure.  The Jets in particular have blown smoke up our butts for years about guys after they are drafted. They deserve to be bashed about Ducasse, but it is a pretty standard bad pick and the guy was project.  It's no shock he hasn't produced yet.

You people believe everything you read.  They had a first round grade on Vlad.  Sure.  The Jets in particular have blown smoke up our butts for years about guys after they are drafted. They deserve to be bashed about Ducasse, but it is a pretty standard bad pick and the guy was project.  It's no shock he hasn't produced yet.

There's just no reason to burn a 1st or 2nd rounder on a project RT.  None.  The logic was flawed from the beginning.  Why should the pick not take a beating in retrospect too?

There's just no reason to burn a 1st or 2nd rounder on a project RT.  None.  The logic was flawed from the beginning.  Why should the pick not take a beating in retrospect too?

The pick deserves a beating.  It has gotten one.  The guy will start this year and we will see if it deserves a true killing. There is plenty of reason to burn picks on projects.  The team was good to great and it doens't make sense to get guys that you know will be about the same as what you have.  You want guys that are beasts.  If none of them pan out you eventually end up with no depth, but it is worth the shot IMO.

There is no reason to burn a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder for a project. And that too in the NY media market where every player is scrutnized. And yet the JETS drafted Stephen Hill. Not saying he is a BUST. But he is a project who might take yet another season to develop to potential.

There is no reason to burn a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder for a project. And that too in the NY media market where every player is scrutnized. And yet the JETS drafted Stephen Hill. Not saying he is a BUST. But he is a project who might take yet another season to develop to potential.

Tanny overvalued the combine.  Which is what happens when you don't know how to watch game film.  Hill had a fast 40, Vlad had great numbers, as did gholston and Wilson (pro day, 4.34 40yd, 10'2" long jump).  With Tanny at the helm, Wayne Chrebet would never have sniffed the Jets roster.  Just ask Danny Woodhead.

he's a WR who can't catch or run basic routes. What could go wrong with that? 

Tanny overvalued the combine.  Which is what happens when you don't know how to watch game film.  Hill had a fast 40, Vlad had great numbers, as did gholston and Wilson (pro day, 4.34 40yd, 10'2" long jump).  With Tanny at the helm, Wayne Chrebet would never have sniffed the Jets roster.  Just ask Danny Woodhead.

AGGHGHHHHH!!!

Will you give up with this ******* bullsh*t agenda?  Tannenbaum would never have given Woodhead a chance to sniff the Jets roster?  Except he did.  He was the first GM to sign the guy.  The first to keep him around even when he had a horrific knee injury, but hey, let's conveniently forget all that.  

AGGHGHHHHH!!!

Will you give up with this ******* bullsh*t agenda?  Tannenbaum would never have given Woodhead a chance to sniff the Jets roster?  Except he did.  He was the first GM to sign the guy.  The first to keep him around even when he had a horrific knee injury, but hey, let's conveniently forget all that.  

The first to cut him and spend two draft picks on a guy who threw up all over himself because he came in out of shape. While Woodhead became a major offensive contributor on the despised Pats. AAGGGGGHGGGHHH!!! Is right. I'm with you pal. But lighten up on Tanny, man. No need to scream. He's gone now. He can't hurt anybody anymore.

And I get it that my disdain for tanny is over the top. It has been since 2009. I just haven't worked it out of my system yet. In much the way sperm Edwards has hung on to the dunce cap avatar, my disgust for Tannenbaum will linger as one of the more bitter pills I've had to swallow as a jets fan. And there have been many.

AGGHGHHHHH!!!

Will you give up with this ******* bullsh*t agenda? Tannenbaum would never have given Woodhead a chance to sniff the Jets roster? Except he did. He was the first GM to sign the guy. The first to keep him around even when he had a horrific knee injury, but hey, let's conveniently forget all that.

Lol. This board has sunk into madness. Major offensive contributor.

Joe Mcknight.  Cost: 2 draft picks.  2012 stats: 30 att for 179 yrds 0 TD,  1 rec for 18 yds 0 TD

Danny Woodhead.  Cost: UDFA.    2012 stats: 76 att for 301 yrds 4 TD,   40 rec for 446 yds 3 TD

madness.

I love me some Danny Woodhead but the difference between Joe's 1 reception and Woody's 40 reception has something to do with who is throwing him the ball. 

Shouldn't a major offensive contributor hold up on his own and not just against Jets? Would he secretly put up those numbers with the Jets and Mark Sanchez?

No.  The quote was that he's a major offensive contributor "on the despised Pats".  Nearly 750 all purpose yards, 7 touchdowns and one of the better blocking backs in pass protection for the team = major offensive contributor in my book.  Even if you disagree, you'd be hard-pressed to prove my statement "madness".

Joe Mcknight.  Cost: 2 draft picks.  2012 stats: 30 att for 179 yrds 0 TD,  1 rec for 18 yds 0 TD

Danny Woodhead.  Cost: UDFA.    2012 stats: 76 att for 301 yrds 4 TD,   40 rec for 446 yds 3 TD

madness.

Right tool for the job.  Greene had two straight 1,000 yard seasons and he is ultra hated, so showing me woodhead's combined receiving rushing were under 1,000 isn't too impressive.  The reason that McKnight is on the team and Woodhead isn't is easy to see if you look.  McKnight averages like ten yards more per kick return.  Since that was the major job of either McKnight is superior for this team.

Then say that - Joe McKnight has nothing to do with his production. Joe McKnight would probably do just as well with Tom Brady handing and throwing him the ball.

Even then 7 TDs accounts for 7.5-9% of the Pats' point totals. His Yardage counts for 11% of their offensive yards. Doesn't seem too major. That's based On the assumption that he is fully responsible for the numbers he puts up.

Then say that - Joe McKnight has nothing to do with his production. Joe McKnight would probably do just as well with Tom Brady handing and throwing him the ball.

Even then 7 TDs accounts for 7.5-9% of the Pats' point totals. His Yardage counts for 11% of their offensive yards. Doesn't seem too major. That's based On the assumption that he is fully responsible for the numbers he puts up.

Missing the point Gato.  We already had a guy to fill McKnight's roll.  We spent two draft picks replacing him.  That's dumb no matter how you slice it. 

His contribution is a major contributor in my opinion.  Not a star.  Not a game changer.  A contributor.  7 TD's and 750 yds is a major contribution.  Add in his blocking abilities and versatility...not sure how you can argue against the fact that Danny Woodhead "is a major offensive contributor to the despised Pats" which is what was stated.  Exactly.  If the Pats had picked up McKnight for free he might do just as well as Woodhead.  But we paid, they didn't.  That's where the GM failed.

Missing the point Gato.  We already had a guy to fill McKnight's roll.  We spent two draft picks replacing him.  That's dumb no matter how you slice it. 

His contribution is a major contributor in my opinion.  Not a star.  Not a game changer.  A contributor.  7 TD's and 750 yds is a major contribution.  Add in his blocking abilities and versatility...not sure how you can argue against the fact that Danny Woodhead "is a major offensive contributor to the despised Pats" which is what was stated.  Exactly.  If the Pats had picked up McKnight for free he might do just as well as Woodhead.  But we paid, they didn't.  That's where the GM failed.

10 yards per kick off.  He wasn't filling the role.  He wasn't doing much of anything other than being short. 

Right tool for the job.  Greene had two straight 1,000 yard seasons and he is ultra hated, so showing me woodhead's combined receiving rushing were under 1,000 isn't too impressive.  The reason that McKnight is on the team and Woodhead isn't is easy to see if you look.  McKnight averages like ten yards more per kick return.  Since that was the major job of either McKnight is superior for this team.

The kick retrurn thing is a decent argument.  A bit off the point of cost vs. return, but certainly valid.  McKnight is a top returner.

And I get it that my disdain for tanny is over the top. It has been since 2009. I just haven't worked it out of my system yet. In much the way sperm Edwards has hung on to the dunce cap avatar, my disgust for Tannenbaum will linger as one of the more bitter pills I've had to swallow as a jets fan. And there have been many.

Your disgust is not over the top. Mike Tannenbaum just stole seven years of your Jets life.

Archived