Hah-Terrell Suggs says everyone hates the Pats

faba

Terrell Suggs: Teams Hate Patriots
ESPN AFC North Blogger Jamison Hensley on Terrell Suggs saying he "guarantees the other 31 teams hate the New England Patriots."Tags: Terrell Suggs

Terrell Suggs: Teams Hate Patriots

Terrell Suggs says he isn't the only one who despises the New England Patriots.

Joining "The Big Show" on WEEI, Suggs said he "guarantees the other 31 [NFL] teams hate the New England Patriots." The Baltimore Ravens star also said he doesn't feel the Patriots "respect anybody."

More From ESPN.com

{

Suggs added that he feels that players who have played for the Patriots divulge stories of what's wrong with the organization, though he wouldn't offer details.

"The NFL is not very big," Suggs said on WEEI. "You think we don't talk to guys that have played for the New England Patriots, that have been on the New England Patriots that have been like, 'Oh, it's been like this.'

"It ain't just me. Why did Bart Scott say the same thing? You think it's just us? You think it's just got something to do with us? No. This is because we have inside information. We know."

Suggs also stood by comments and explained why he called the Patriots "the most arrogant p------ in the world" after the Ravens defeated New England in the AFC Championship Game in January en route to winning the Super Bowl.

Suggs took another jab at the Pats after the title game, telling them to "have fun in the Pro Bowl."

"Do I apologize for what I said? No. Do I mean what I said? Yeah," Suggs said. "Could I have worded it a little better? Probably. But the fact of the matter is you can't really consider it a rivalry because you have a few more championships than we do, but this has been steaming for a while."

Suggs brought up how the Patriots acted in 2007 when the teams met as why he doesn't like them. He also said the NFL took extra measures to accomodate Tom Brady after his season-ending knee injury in 2008.

Mike Reiss has the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in for constantly updated coverage. Blog

• 

"There was the whole invention of the Brady rule," he said. "Years before, I hit Drew Brees and I accidentally tore his knee up. No rule was made. Of all the quarterbacks in the NFL who got their knees blown out when they got hit -- Carson Palmer got his knee blown out -- but then one guy got hit and changed the whole rule for the NFL?"

Bad blood between Suggs and Brady isn't anything new.

In 2010, a season in which Brady was named NFL MVP, Suggs said he voted for Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick over Brady for the Pro Bowl. He also called Brady's three Super Bowl titles "questionable" because of the "tuck rule" game in 2001 and the Spygate scandal that surfaced in 2007.

He's right.  The NFL does everything it can to accommodate the Patriots and tries to paint them in this cant do wrong light when they are scumbags from top to bottom.

let's burn the spygate tapes and not suspend belichunks

sean payton?  OUT FOR A YEAR

Suggs is beginning to sound like a bitter fan. I don't disagree with him, but sheesh... we get it already.

Agreed.  Big picture, Suggs is probably right, but his ranting and raving about the Patriots isn't a good look.  You just scored a big playoff win against the Patriots, why mud-sling now?  Looks like he's got an inferiority complex, sorta oddly impressive given this comes immediately after winning a Super Bowl.  Stay classy Suggs.  As a Patriots fan, I can say this helps soften the blow of a painful playoff exit at the hands of the Ravens ... nobody has ever accused them of being gracious sportsmen, and Suggs just looks like a buffoon.

LOL why take a jab at Suggs? With all due respect for you trying to remain objective, **** the Patriots.

Why not? If you believe his message, which I do, then the last thing you want is for the loudest advocate of that message to be a foul-mouthed goon when delivering it. There is no quicker way for what he's saying to be dismissed than by being redundant and moronic when he's making these statements.

Why not? If you believe his message, which I do, then the last thing you want is for the loudest advocate of that message to be a foul-mouthed goon when delivering it. There is no quicker way for what he's saying to be dismissed than by being redundant and moronic when he's making these statements.

Yeah not seeing it that way. Sorry.

*Slaps on metaphoric Suggs jersey w pride

Before the SB it was whining. Now it's called rubbing it in. also see: taste of your own medicine

Pppuuuhhllleeeaasssee!!!!

The Patriots run their mouth all the time.  Not.

He is holding on to his Patriot hate like a scorned chick.

Pppuuuhhllleeeaasssee!!!!

The Patriots run their mouth all the time.  Not.

He is holding on to his Patriot hate like a scorned chick.

This isn't whining, He just won the super bowl and he's been on the better franchise for the last decade. He's just saying what everyone else thinks about the cheating scum. It's funny how no other teams that have won a lot recently, the steelers, the giants, the colts, the ravens are viewed as illegitimate frauds the way the cheating scum are. That speaks volumes. 

This isn't whining, He just won the super bowl and he's been on the better franchise for the last decade. He's just saying what everyone else thinks about the cheating scum. It's funny how no other teams that have won a lot recently, the steelers, the giants, the colts, the ravens are viewed as illegitimate frauds the way the cheating scum are. That speaks volumes. 

If 'everyone' else thinks this, you might not want to have a guy with multiple domestic abuse allegations being your speaker.

Only the message board crowd says anything about it.

Stallworth. The point is that the cheating scum put themselves up as some time of paragon of virtue and doing things "the right way" when in reality all their success is a fraud built on cheating and the same thugs that everyone else in the NFL has.

Yeah, not the same as Ray-Ray's little dabling in 'killing' a guy.

Anyways, the Patriots success is built on hard work.  As for the Jets' Nation and Terrell Suggs incessant whining about the 'cheating' when the NFL bans stealing signals from the game, come talk to me about the 'cheating'.  The Patriots were guilty of camera use in a poorly worded rule. 

Anyways, the Patriots success is built on hard work.  As for the Jets' Nation and Terrell Suggs incessant whining about the 'cheating' when the NFL bans stealing signals from the game, come talk to me about the 'cheating'.  The Patriots were guilty of camera use in a poorly worded rule. 

See, just because pats fans downplay their cheating and think it's no big deal that doesn't mean that anyone else feels that way. 

Agreed.  Big picture, Suggs is probably right, but his ranting and raving about the Patriots isn't a good look.  You just scored a big playoff win against the Patriots, why mud-sling now?  Looks like he's got an inferiority complex, sorta oddly impressive given this comes immediately after winning a Super Bowl.  Stay classy Suggs.  As a Patriots fan, I can say this helps soften the blow of a painful playoff exit at the hands of the Ravens ... nobody has ever accused them of being gracious sportsmen, and Suggs just looks like a buffoon.

Typical garbage arrogant Pats fan rational..  Yeah the guy who just won the Super Bowl feels inferior to the Pats.  LOL

Anyways, the Patriots success is built on hard work. As for the Jets' Nation and Terrell Suggs incessant whining about the 'cheating' when the NFL bans stealing signals from the game, come talk to me about the 'cheating'. The Patriots were guilty of camera use in a poorly worded rule.

dude, Pats cheated. I still consider Brady one of the best ever though.

aren't they all? Which is why I consider Elway the greatest all time IMO.

No. Favre and Aarron Rodgers are guys that make it happen Gunslingers.  Outlaws. 

ha ha haa. 

Brady makes his living on YAC.  Sounds like a system guy to me.  He is a GREAT system QB.  But a system QB none the less.

No. Favre and Aarron Rodgers are guys that make it happen Gunslingers.  Outlaws. 

Brady makes his living on YAC.  Sounds like a system guy to me.  He is a GREAT system QB.  But a system QB none the less.

Oh sh*t, I thought you were joking.  That's a great point, and the fact that he just reworked his contract to (likely) retire a Pat means we'll never know any different.

Oh sh*t, I thought you were joking.  That's a great point, and the fact that he just reworked his contract to (likely) retire a Pat means we'll never know any different.

I am joking. Im just working it baby.  I don;t even watch football. When they first said Brady I thought they were talking about the queer that played the Dad on the 70's TV series. 

Archived