Is it time to trade for Matt Flynn?

T0mShane

Flynn is mediocre...never impressed by him one bit.  Any QB could have had the performance he did in those couple games he played for the Packers that year with that offense. I'd be more excited about bringing chad pennignton back for a year

I've got a bad feeling that Flynn is the next Kolb, Cassell, etc.

If they think Geno is the real deal, take him in the 1st. If not, take the best QB you can target in the 2nd... I dunno.

Can always draft another QB next year. I think that's what we'll end up doing anyway.

Or take no QBs until the last few rounds because most of these QBs are terrible.

If they are convinced Garrard is healthy enough to stay healthy...not including as a result of dismal OL blocking...sign him, trade back 8-10 spots, pick up another pick, draft Geno, and go into the season with Garrard, Nacho Libre, and Smith.

We get an additional pick, and Ive heard on a couple occasions that Geno is a football junkie who has the smarts and may prosper if coached...i dunno.

If they are convinced Garrard is healthy enough to stay healthy...not including as a result of dismal OL blocking...sign him, trade back 8-10 spots, pick up another pick, draft Geno, and go into the season with Garrard, Nacho Libre, and Smith.

We get an additional pick, and Ive heard on a couple occasions that Geno is a football junkie who has the smarts and may prosper if coached...i dunno.

The whole Flynn, Gerrard, Quinn stuff is wishful thinking at best. They are not that good.

Garrard is tougher than sanchez, protects the ball better, and even with back and knee surgeries is probably infinitely more mobile than Sanchez.  I am not crazy about him.  But he is a clear upgrade to the 40th best QB in footall (just an estimate--I think there are backups around the league whop are better than Mark.)

Garrard is tougher than sanchez, protects the ball better, and even with back and knee surgeries is probably infinitely more mobile than Sanchez.  I am not crazy about him.  But he is a clear upgrade to the 40th best QB in footall (just an estimate--I think there are backups around the league whop are better than Mark.)

Mark ranked #31 last year (not an estimate). 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2

If we draft a QB in 2013 it should be strictly as a future back-up.  There just is no "there" there talent-wise.  Ryan Nassib is a guy I might take a chance on if he is still available late. Otherwise, every one of these guys, including Geno Smith, is a losing proposition.  Trying to make chicken liver out of chicken $hit by reaching for a QB this year would be the worst possible move.  

I know that.  If you would read what I wrote, I am saying that there are bacjkups better than Mark now.  Of course they do not have comparative stats.  They have to sit behind real QBs.

Dude, you wrote like three sentences...I read all of them. 

If we draft a QB in 2013 it should be strictly as a future back-up.  There just is no there there talent wise.  Ryan Nassib is a guy I might take a chance on if he is still there late. Otherwise, every on of these guys, including Geno Smith, is a losing proposition.  Trying to make chicken liver out of chicken $hit by reaching for a QB this year would be the worst possible move.  

A future backup will probably play better than the clown we have next season.

Archived